facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 16, 2023, 11:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Default England Tour of Bangladesh, March 2023

Schedule:
01 Mar : 1st ODI, Mirpur
03 Mar : 2nd ODI, Mirpur
06 Mar : 3rd ODI, Chattogram
09 Mar : 1st T20I, Chattogram
12 Mar : 2nd T20I, Mirpur
14 Mar : 3rd T20I, Mirpur

England ODI Squad: Jos Buttler, Rehan Ahmed, Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Sam Curran, Saqib Mahmood, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Jason Roy, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, James Vince, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

England T20 Squad: Jos Buttler, Rehan Ahmed, Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Sam Curran, Ben Duckett, Will Jacks, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

Bangladesh ODI Squad: Tamim Iqbal (capt), Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Afif Hossain, Mahmudullah, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Ebadot Hossain, Taijul Islam, Towhid Hridoy

IN: Tamim Iqbal, Towhid Hridoy, Taijul Islam
OUT: Anamul Haque, Yasir Ali, Nurul Hasan, Nasum Ahmed, Shoriful Islam

Last edited by Eshen; February 16, 2023 at 02:07 PM..

Old February 16, 2023, 02:09 PM
Cricket Guru

England A-team captain Tom Abell has been ruled out of Bangladesh tour with a side injury.
Old February 16, 2023, 06:00 PM
Test Cricketer

I hope they have Rony Talukdar for the T20 as well as few of the fast bowlers like Mritunjoy. We don't need to see Mustafizur in T20 match.
Old February 17, 2023, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
I hope they have Rony Talukdar for the T20 as well as few of the fast bowlers like Mritunjoy. We don't need to see Mustafizur in T20 match.
Are you expecting them to become superstars overnight because of BPL performance? Lol ... You still need fizz
Old February 17, 2023, 11:27 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Nasum would have been better than taijul in BD conditions
Old February 18, 2023, 12:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Are you expecting them to become superstars overnight because of BPL performance? Lol ... You still need fizz
No, but this is T20. This is where you try out different players. Also, Fizz is not even the best pacer anymore. Gone are those days where Rubel was the only fast bowler.
Old February 19, 2023, 12:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Nasum would have been better than taijul in BD conditions
Nasum has been replaced by Taijul on Herath's advise. I would trust the legend to make the right choice between two SLAs.
Old February 19, 2023, 05:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Mustafizur had lost his mojo Fizz after the surgery and was rehabilitated poorly by that tub of swine fat Walsh. He als lost interest after reaching stardom quickly.

Because of the lethargic spin pitches go all out with Nasum and Taijul??
Old February 19, 2023, 05:27 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Nasum has been replaced by Taijul on Herath's advise. I would trust the legend to make the right choice between two SLAs.
taijul is a far better bowler then nasum, but in ODI taijul's record isn't that much to speak about, Nasum's darts work better than taijul's flights in our spin pitches in ODI, test is a different story
Old February 19, 2023, 12:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Rumor is that Taijul's selection is more of Hathuru's choice than Herath's choice. Though Papon told the media that Hathuru's input would not be taken for selection in this series, the reality seems to be otherwise.

I suspect Gamini will be making pitches similar to 2016 England series.
Old February 19, 2023, 02:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Shakib left PSL to take care of a family emergency. Hope this will not effect his availability for England series.

Quote:
Shakib Al Hasan: "I have to temporarily leave the PSL 8 to attend an important personal matter. I know I have a strong fan-base here and I was looking forward to playing all the matches in front of all the fans.

"But no need to be disappointed as I will be back at some stage during in the second half of the competition to play my part in Peshawar Zalmi’s campaign to reclaim the title.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/471796-pes...i-squad-update
What he said at the end confirms the rumor that he requested BCB to let him skip Ireland series, if Peshwar makes the play off in PSL. Is Shakib once again on collision course with Hathuru? I expected this to happen, but not so soon.

I will not be surprised if Hathuru convinces Tamim to unretire from T20I and take over captaincy in all three formats, given Tamim is the only senior player who had no conflict with Hathuru at past.
Old February 20, 2023, 02:23 PM
Cricket Guru

One positive development with Hathuru's return - Sujon lost his Team Director position.

Siddons is also very likely to be cut out from national team coaching staff. BCB may place him in Bangla Tigers or HP program as a batting coach.

IMO, one of the Nafees - Nafees Iqbal or Shahriar Nafees should be given the team manager position.
Old February 21, 2023, 05:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Bangladesh need hardliners like Haturi or Whatmore. They took out or limited the cancers like Sujon and got the basics right.

Bangladesh's poorest coach selection was that tub of swine fat Walsh which was worse than the Pakistani coach they had that led to the loss against Canada on Eid day.
Old February 21, 2023, 12:59 PM
Cricket Guru

There will be a practice match between players on this Thursday, including fringe players like Nurul, Yasir, Joy, Shoriful, Nasum, etc. Based on that match, one or two more players may be added to the ODI squad.
Old February 22, 2023, 11:00 AM
Cricket Savant

We really need to stop these ODIs for easy wins and moral boosters on slow Mirpur track and arrange 7 T20i-s.

Whether or not ODI wilts away, T20 is a good practice even for that format which forces one to play out of the skin and chase unrealistic chases.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 22, 2023, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Creating a spin track against England, wonder how effective it would be. Both Ali and Rashid are a+ spinners. For some reason, our batsmen can't seem to play spin well either ... Even though they play it day and night in bd.
Old February 23, 2023, 12:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Hathuru back, all the good done in BPL is undone. Hathuru-Gamini made the players play the practice match on a poorly prepared Mirpur pitch. Tamim XI scored 205 runs, yet won the match against Shanto XI by 104 runs.

Hridoy got a duck. Yasir may be added as the 15th member of the squad after scoring 61 runs in 58 balls.

It's not really a spin track, rather a crappy low-slow uneven bounce track. We may get a series win on this sort of pitches, but it will be counterproductive for identifying right kind of players or preparing them for an ICC event.
Old February 23, 2023, 11:37 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

If we think we can beat Eng with slow low tracks will have surprise coming..Eng have much better spinners than us
Old February 24, 2023, 06:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
If we think we can beat Eng with slow low tracks will have surprise coming..Eng have much better spinners than us
With Shak-Fizz-Miraz, I still think we have a better bowling attack for low-slow tracks. Mirpur is hardly about spin or turn, but how to vary your pace, L & L, which those three have mastered. The track will also blunt tall and fast English pacers.

This series will prolly be a repeat of the pattern we saw in the India series - two low scoring matches on Mirpur, and then the opponent beating the crap out of our bowlers on a flat Chattogram pitch.
Old February 25, 2023, 09:43 AM
Cricket Savant

toh time to eshe gallow dadara ... kheladhulo to kichui shuru hoche na

Old February 25, 2023, 09:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Obviously not to confuse with the artist Hannah Hoch...

Old February 25, 2023, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Four days before start of a crucial series, and Papon decided this is the right time to spill out Bangladesh dressing room dirty laundry to media. I guess this is part of his grand schema to get a grip on Shakib (or am I giving too much credit this idiot who still has not learned how to speak to media?).

BCB President Nazmul: Shakib-Tamim rift not easy to settle
Old February 25, 2023, 11:01 AM
Cricket Savant

^^^ This is what happens when two alphas clash. Connor vs Khamzat etc... Their ego gets in the way as they lock horn. We need both Shakib and Tamim like Dhoni and Kohli.

Old February 25, 2023, 11:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Is there any reason why T20 squad is not announced yet? Are they waiting for ODI series to be over before announcing T20 squad? What a bunch of clown management. Always delaying squad announcement till the last moment. Since BPL was just completed, announcing T20 squad should been very easy.
Old February 25, 2023, 11:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Selectors said they will declare the T20I squad after discussions with both Hathuru and Shakib. While discussions with Hathuru is ongoing, Shakib has not reached Dhaka yet. He supposed to land tomorrow.