facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2023, 12:11 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I think more chances should be given to young players not hacks like Talukders against Zimbabwe and Ireland
Talukdar had some success domestically recently but he doesn't seem to have much footwork, from the few innings of his I saw recently, nor is he blessed with incredible hand-eye coordination...

Old March 18, 2023, 01:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Talukdar had some success domestically recently but he doesn't seem to have much footwork, from the few innings of his I saw recently, nor is he blessed with incredible hand-eye coordination...
That is a true and accurate description of Talukdar.

Domestic Bangladeshi stats IMO is not a reason to bring in an old player. I think that’s a step back.

I am quite in favour of bringing in younger players.
Old March 18, 2023, 01:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Towhid innings should rest the discussion of bringing back useless players like Mossadek. Afif has not also been performing well for quite some times now.

I am in favor of Towhid-Yasir combo over Riyad-Afif combo.
Old March 18, 2023, 07:08 PM
Cricket Guru

I believe Yasir is a good prospect, but I am still not convinced he's a good fit for #7. He generally takes few balls to settle, thus should bat #6 or higher.

IMO, Sabbir should be given a go in the ODI team at #7 again. He got a ridiculous treatment with the T20I team. He should not have been selected in T20I based on DPL oneday matches to begin with. Once selected, he should not have been discarded from the T20I team in that rush manner either. Indications are good, since last year, that he's in a good form for oneday format, thus should be in consideration for WC build up.

Other promising prospect atm, I think, is Akbar Ali. He has been batting at 100+ SR since last year DPL.

For Ireland tour in May, imo, BCB should let Shakib, Liton and Mustafiz play in IPL. At the same time, they should give opportunities to both Mushfiq and Riyad to prove they are not lost causes yet. There should be still scope to try one or two new player in that series.
Old March 18, 2023, 07:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Towhid innings should rest the discussion of bringing back useless players like Mossadek. Afif has not also been performing well for quite some times now.

I am in favor of Towhid-Yasir combo over Riyad-Afif combo.
Tawhid was great.

But Mosaddek was never given an opportunity up the order.

Shanto looked hopeless for 2 years before he started to find his groove. Liton was useless for 6 years.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 18, 2023, 09:24 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I believe Yasir is a good prospect, but I am still not convinced he's a good fit for #7. He generally takes few balls to settle, thus should bat #6 or higher.

IMO, Sabbir should be given a go in the ODI team at #7 again. He got a ridiculous treatment with the T20I team. He should not have been selected in T20I based on DPL oneday matches to begin with. Once selected, he should not have been discarded from the T20I team in that rush manner either. Indications are good, since last year, that he's in a good form for oneday format, thus should be in consideration for WC build up.

Other promising prospect atm, I think, is Akbar Ali. He has been batting at 100+ SR since last year DPL.

For Ireland tour in May, imo, BCB should let Shakib, Liton and Mustafiz play in IPL. At the same time, they should give opportunities to both Mushfiq and Riyad to prove they are not lost causes yet. There should be still scope to try one or two new player in that series.
Please no more tiktok huzur, I agree about mullah..he should be given chance in Ireland series
Old March 18, 2023, 10:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Tawhid was great.

But Mosaddek was never given an opportunity up the order.

Shanto looked hopeless for 2 years before he started to find his groove. Liton was useless for 6 years.
Exactly! IMO, Mosaddek, Afif, Yasir - all three are being wasted being asked to bat in late order. Liton and Shanto both would have been lost cause if they were treated this way.
Old March 18, 2023, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Before people would be wary about the fizz. These days, ebadot is more of a wicket taker than this liability. What is this kid doing honestly
Old March 18, 2023, 11:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Not following but apparently EbaGOAT delivered a ball at 93mph. That's more Impressive than the 4fer
Old March 18, 2023, 11:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Exactly! IMO, Mosaddek, Afif, Yasir - all three are being wasted being asked to bat in late order. Liton and Shanto both would have been lost cause if they were treated this way.

Shanto and Liton were always thought be talented players by management. BD players can take a long time to mature, but you got to show something in order for team management to invest in you for a long time. Even last BPL Shanto scored a brilliant century, and Litton played a knock against Ind. Shanto still is not out of the woods yet.

In the case of Mossadek, of all the matches he played in ODI/T20, he just hasn't done anything note worthy. Now, with upcoming players like Mahmudul Joy, Towid Hridoy and few others, competition is now more fierce for Mossadek/Afif than ever before.
Old March 18, 2023, 11:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Before people would be wary about the fizz. These days, ebadot is more of a wicket taker than this liability. What is this kid doing honestly
MJoy would have been better choice than Fizz in Sylhet conditions.
Old March 19, 2023, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Shanto and Liton were always thought be talented players by management. BD players can take a long time to mature, but you got to show something in order for team management to invest in you for a long time. Even last BPL Shanto scored a brilliant century, and Litton played a knock against Ind. Shanto still is not out of the woods yet.

In the case of Mossadek, of all the matches he played in ODI/T20, he just hasn't done anything note worthy. Now, with upcoming players like Mahmudul Joy, Towid Hridoy and few others, competition is now more fierce for Mossadek/Afif than ever before.
I am not questioning Shanto or Liton's talent. Point that I was trying to make - had they been asked to bat in late order like Mosaddek, Afif, or Yasir, where you have to start hitting from first ball, they probably would not have shown that many success either.

Shanto have been taken in the T20I WC last year based on his performances in BPL 2019. Mosaddek had dominating allround performances in DPL last year (far better than Joy or Hridoy as a batter alone), yet he's being ignored from the ODI team. He's an allrounder we need to groom for post Shakib era, more so than Miraz for overseas conditions.

Number 7 is a specialized position, it's foolish to stick a top order batter (Afif) or middle order batter (Yasir, Mosaddek) there. Whoever you choose for this slot, you have to be patient with him for a year or two, not just a series or two, because this batter will have many more failures than success at the slot.
Old March 20, 2023, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

link to watch second ODI live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdDS...itholebdSports

Old March 20, 2023, 03:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Liton is playing like he has got a stomach upset
Old March 20, 2023, 04:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Ok the pitch has some grass and its overcast, however it seems all 3 batsman seems to have forgot how to bat.

Even Shamim can see how Tamim has bee struggling.

Liton going after the ball down the wicket.

Shanto being lazy so far.
Old March 20, 2023, 04:23 AM
Cricket Guru

The way Bangladesh batsman are playing, it seems they are facing Australian or New Zealand bowlers.

DJ doesnt know his market audience. It would have been better if he belted out English pop or Bollywood songs.
Old March 20, 2023, 04:26 AM
Cricket Guru

With alot of the stadium being empyt, some schools should have arranged a day out for kids.

They do this in places like the West Indies and Zimbabwe.

Although I liked how I recently read an article of some schools for the less privileged were taken out on metro rides in Dhaka .
Old March 20, 2023, 04:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Most of the Irish have a smile on their faces. Nice to see, unlike them Derry Girls
Old March 20, 2023, 04:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Shamim is so full of himself. He considers himself as an expert, and is so patronising to his co commentators.

If Boycott was there he would have put this piece of turd in his place.
Old March 20, 2023, 05:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Litton got out tamely to a nothing delivery.

To be honest he is lucky he scored 70 runs
Old March 20, 2023, 05:01 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

i feel like shakib will try to bang everything and get out
Old March 20, 2023, 05:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i feel like shakib will try to bang everything and get out
Another 340 runs coming up.

Shanto currently is probably the best bd batsman.
Old March 20, 2023, 05:45 AM
Cricket Guru

The immaturity among BD batsman still remain. They were playing the ODI like T20s. Dont they even look at the scoreboard???
Old March 20, 2023, 05:49 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
The immaturity among BD batsman still remain. They were playing the ODI like T20s. Dont they even look at the scoreboard???
playing other formats like Test in ODI, T20 in ODI, ODI in T20, ODI in Test, Hong kong super sixers in T20 is our specialty
Old March 20, 2023, 05:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
playing other formats like Test in ODI, T20 in ODI, ODI in T20, ODI in Test, Hong kong super sixers in T20 is our specialty
Yasir Ali plays golli cricket in all formats