facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 28, 2004, 08:06 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO
Default Is the pressure of Cap. getting to Basher?

Many people assume that Basher is our best batsman. But is he worth the captain. Is the pressure and responsibility of being a captain finally getting to him? I sincerely hope this under performance is about soon change or else he will soon be sacked and embarrased. something i am really not prepared to see.

Old February 28, 2004, 08:09 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default let him breathe

have a look at "let him breathe" thread. i think they are about the same topic. and u'll see my opinion there. so, i'm not writing it again here.
Old February 28, 2004, 08:12 PM
Club Cricketer

I agree, i think bowlers are better captains, let rafiq be that player for now
Old February 28, 2004, 08:14 PM
Club Cricketer

i take it back, regardless of who is the captain right now, the outcome will still remain the same, that is bd will lose.

thats the bottom line, that what matters.
Old February 28, 2004, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

When you go out to bat you intend on just batting and doing whats best for your team. When your batting you don't have to think about bowler rotation, field placements. All you have to do is bat! So I don't see how it should affect his batting.
Old February 28, 2004, 11:19 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Only 2 mathes and 3 innings has gone by, among which, only one innings was good for the whole Bangladesh team, and the other 2 are disasters.

So we can't yet judge Bashar the captain RIGHT NOW.
Old February 29, 2004, 01:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Default just an opinion!

Since Bashar became a captain his performance has deteriorated badly. I think he is thinking too much about wining a test match or something. He probably thinking that is why he was name a captain by BD board to win a match. If he continues to perform like this, I don’t it a good idea to keep him as a captain for his sake and for Bangladesh as well.

PS: it is too early to say anything, but it’s just an opinion.
Old February 29, 2004, 03:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Best Captain

I sincerely think Habibul Bashar is one of our better batesman (since Atahar Ali, Aminul and Nannu), but he does not have any demonestrated leadership ability. More over, he is often lucky while batting. if we look closely, Khaled Masud was our best captain. He always led from the front. Unlike our other captain, his own performance did not detoriate during his term. He is stable in his performance, one of our senior players and capable of scoring at least 20-30 runs on avarage (despite odd half centuries from our top orders, how many of them are as consistant as masud?). I think he is our best captain. Bring him back and let Bashar alone, to score only. Then there should be no excuse for his dismal performance.
Old February 29, 2004, 03:26 AM
Cricket Legend

i agree.
Old February 29, 2004, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Khaled Masud was our best captain. He always led from the front
Quote:
I think he is our best captain. Bring him back and let Bashar alone, to score only. Then there should be no excuse for his dismal performance.
I fully support your views.
I am gonna get whacked for this but since you opened the thread I will let it slip.
Masud should have gotten a temporary probation for his WC problems.
He is by far the best candidate for the job for these reasons:

1-Batsman-historically batsmen are still better captains. Wicketkeepres have been excellent models too.
2-plus age and experience .. he has seen it all.
3-his batting is not crucial, it is rear end. If he does not perform with the bat on a certain day the team will not go down.
4-He performs equally well both at ODI and Test.
Old February 29, 2004, 08:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Bashar needs time!

it realy is a tough job to stand up as a captain for a struggling team like ours.. not to mention the stress it causes!
he wil hopefully come back to his form with time.. but just one thought :
shud he be replaced further down in the batting order for the time being?
shud he be batting at 4 or 5 just to have some space to breath(and not to give him a feeilng tht he is our only run machine!)??

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old February 29, 2004, 10:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

I disagree of mashud's inclusion as a captain. You all were judging his batting ability during his captaincy....but he at first is a wicket keeper. It is tough (not impossible though) to concentrate on what is going arround the field and the movement of each ball whether there is a chance at the same time. A batsman in my opinion can be the best choice as a batsman (iff...he can keep his own form) and secondly I would go for a baller who is aggrasive in nature (what unfortunately BD doesn't have any).....

So in a nutshell, I am okaying the situation of as it is right now. If you need to have a real captain...wait for some years...Rajin is coming.

Prohor
Old February 29, 2004, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Only 2 mathes and 3 innings has gone by, among which, only one innings was good for the whole Bangladesh team, and the other 2 are disasters.

So we can't yet judge Bashar the captain RIGHT NOW.
I agree with this. It's way too early. He needs to ease into his duties as captain. we'll see after a few more matches.
Old February 29, 2004, 11:47 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I agree with Sheshprohor.

If Pilot is the captain again, then we will lose to ICC associate teams again - that's as simple as that, even if we forget the facts that most of the players did not like Pilot's bashing on them, and all those fixing and non-fixing sagas.
Old February 29, 2004, 11:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

i agree also.
no more pilot n khaled mashud pls!
wht we hav left behind us isnt so good n we shud not look back for 'gone' captains!
we need fresh n matured ones!
n like fw n seshprohor i wil also giv points to Bashar coz he is well accepted within the team.

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old February 29, 2004, 08:57 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
bashar kintu notun captain. captain hishebe kintu take doler onnanno shodoshhora bhalo bhabai grohon koreche. bashar kintu kebol shuru korlo. akhoni kintu bola jachhe na tini ki shofol na bertho othoba tar shafoller percentage koto. amar age onekai kintu ai aki kotha bole gechen. ami abaro bolchi je bashar baktigoto bhabe hoito khub akta shafollo labh korte parenni ai 2 test a. jodio eta extra pressure ar karone hote pare. tobe ami asha korbo tini shighroi abar run paben. ebong bat a shai shachhondo bojai thakbe jemonta kina chilo mahmud ar shomoy. dannabad.
Old March 1, 2004, 12:05 AM
Test Cricketer

I do agree with Falturidwan bhai. He need a lot more time to be judged
Old March 1, 2004, 12:07 AM
Test Cricketer

He also needs our supports as well as from the players and managements
Old March 1, 2004, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

More time
Old March 1, 2004, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

jaihok, kichuta holeo kintu pressure porche amar mone hoi bashar ar upor. ar purotai amar mone hoi manushik. tar upor amader dol akhon jai obosthai ami mone kori jai captain hok shai kintu kichuta holeo nervousness a bhugbe. but i think oneke jeta again bolechen je bashar ke ar aktu shomoy dawa uchit. karon bashar to just shuru korlo. bolte gele matro akti test hoyeche. 2nd test a kintu tar temon akta bhumika chilo na. jaihok.
dannabad.
Old March 1, 2004, 03:09 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Captain

It is not a matter of time only. A lot depends on natural leadership abilty and instinct. Otherwise Tendulker would have been the Indian Captain for as llong as he is in the team. look at Lara, one of the best batsman of our time but as a captain he is possibly worse than Khalaed Mahmood. He destroyed the intigrity of WI team when courtney Walsh and Carl Hooper wre captains, and the team has not recovered. For existing bangladeshi players, Masud, though not perfect is still the better person for captaincy. Otherwise bring back Aminul.
Old March 1, 2004, 05:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bashar is respected by the players, he is by far the best batsman in the team and with Rafique, jointly our best player. Believe me he will soon recover, all good players do. So give him time, captincy is not easy.

Old March 1, 2004, 08:04 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default Good old days

From the second innnings of the Darwin test to the first innings at Multan, Bashar was either the top scorer or the second highest scorer in all the eight innings.

In all the tests in 2003 till the first innings as Multan, he was no.1 or 2 in 11 of the 13 innings.

In the 8 innings since then he was never the top scorer, and was the second highest twice (58 & 21) . The other six innings were 3, 2, 18, 0, 0 and 4.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Tintin]
Old March 1, 2004, 08:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

... probably we r worried too much about the captaincy coz the whol teams performance is so bad!

but guys.. can captaincy alone solve the prob? dont the players also need to be improved?? :duh:
Old March 1, 2004, 11:31 AM
Banned

Pressure getting to Bashar ? Maybe ?

But so what ?? He is our captain, our new captain, and we should be 100% behind him !!

Honestly, the BD cricket team's captain probably has the hardest job in Bangladesh ! If I were in his shoes, I would turn around and tell the fans- FO !! He is not accountable to the fans.

I really didn't want Bashar as our captain - but never had a better alternative. Khaled Mahmud was probably the best so far, but we know the baggage he was carrying. Rafique would have been ideal in the sense that his perfo would have been less impacted, but who knows what his drawbacks he might have had - like being a snoozer whenever he wasn't bowling.

So this is what I will be doing, from my point of view - I will be praying really hard for Bashar, and hope that he comes out of the rut very very soon.