facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 26, 2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
Good job Mushi. I hope he gets promoted in the batting order. I see some consistency in him batting wise. Wicket keeping needs much improvement.
Mushy plays better in his current position, I think. He should make a habit to score 50 up and turn these scores into a TON.

Wicket-keeping needs to be improve a lot as you said.

Old November 26, 2008, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

The match is evenly poised...
Old November 26, 2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Not too bad Boss.
Just back from a 2 week Euro Trip.

Hara ar notun ki?
ebhabei ekdin jite jabo.
How was your trip? ভাবী সঙ্গে ছিলেন নাকি?!
Old November 26, 2008, 11:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

উরাধুরা দিন গেল আজকে বাংলাদেশের জন্য।
সাবাস বাংলাদেশ দল। চলুক...
Old November 26, 2008, 11:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
The match is evenly poised...

I'm afraid it is not my freind.

The Saffers still have a huge upper hand and with their batting line, they can still post a 400+ in the first innings.

Its upto the bowlers now to work on this momentum they have created.
First session tomorrow morning is very crucial.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 26, 2008, 11:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
How was your trip? ভাবী সঙ্গে ছিলেন নাকি?!
Ki bollen bhai?
Lojja pailam!

ekhono to biye-i kori nai!!

Trip was really great.
Got to meet Miraz bhai and MohammadC bhai while in London.
Will post couple of pics soon.
Miraz bhai graceously hosted me for dinner at his place.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:26 AM
Cricket Guru

আরে rabz ভাই ১৩ জন নিয়ে খেললেতো কোন ব্যাপার নাই হবে...
Old November 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Good bounceback (considering test 1 and first day)

Now we need to get dangermen Amla, Smith, and Kallis.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Ki bollen bhai?
Lojja pailam!

Trip was really great.
al-hamdulillah..... londoney gele ekhon aar hotel varar kotha chinta korte hoibo na...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 26, 2008, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

This has been one of the most satisfying days of play involving BD. Boys showed a lot of character and it could have been so much better if Ashraful and, particularly, Shakib hung around a little bit more.

Anyway, picking up a wicket at the end of the day rounds up an honest days play for Bangladesh. Saffers would have known that they have been involved in a Test match today.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Good cricket from our batsmen (I have only seen from when Rock and Junaid were batting).
Robin did very well (real fighter, stayed in front of the wicket all the time)
Mushy showed his class, good show.
Zunaid did well... need to fix Ash soon.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Not a bad day at all.

Zunaid probably saved himself from being dropped. I don't think he is a good opener. I don't like him at no.3 either. For now, I am content with it. Ideally would like him at no.4 once Raqibul settles at no.3 in future.

Ash is just bogus. Talent without results is a tragedy. Put him at no.5.

Mushy should not come that low. He is easily our best lower middle order batsman. No.6.

Gotta get some wkts early tomorrow. We may have a game.

Steyn took some beating today. You have to fight fire with fire. I thought we paid him too much respect in the last test and in the past. If you show signs of nerve against great fast bowlers, they would feast on you, but if you manage to stay positive, runs can be made against them. Disrupting a fast bowlers rhythm is very important. Prior to this match, they all hinted that they will be more positive against him, and I am glad they did. Win or lose, you just can't let a bowler own you all the time, and if you allow that, he already has a psychological edge over you.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Ki bollen bhai?
Lojja pailam!

Trip was really great.
One more post and you are GURU!
WOW!! Congrats....
We are fortunate to have you at BC.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Not a bad day at all.

Zunaid probably saved himself from being dropped. I don't think he is a good opener. I don't like him at no.3 either. For now, I am content with it. Ideally would like him at no.4 once Raqibul settles at no.3 in future.

Ash is just bogus. Talent without results is a tragedy. Put him at no.5.

Mushy should not come that low. He is easily our best lower middle order batsman. No.6.

Gotta get some wkts early tomorrow. We may have a game.

Steyn took some beating today. You have to fight fire with fire. I thought we paid him too much respect in the last test and in the past. If you show signs of nerve against great fast bowlers, they would feast on you, but if you manage to stay positive, runs can be made against them. Disrupting a fast bowlers rhythm is very important. Prior to this match, they all hinted that they will be more positive against him, and I am glad they did. Win or lose, you just can't let a bowler own you all the time, and if you allow that, he already has a psychological edge over you.
Verry well said, as usual, Beamer bhai.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Ki bollen bhai?
Lojja pailam!

Trip was really great.
Rabz ভাই শুনে ভাল লাগল আপনার লন্ডনের ডিনারের গল্প শুনে। মিরাজ ভাই কি নিজে রান্না করলো নাকি?
Old November 26, 2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Hashim Amla is a religious guy. If he was sure about his nick, he should have walked. It is unethical to stay on the wicket if you are sure that you have nicked.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
One more post and you are GURU!
WOW!! Congrats....
We are fortunate to have you at BC.
Thank You Obayed bhai.
I'm posting my 8000th post to you

Its a pleasure being here amongst you all and the countless hours i've spend in BC have been completely worthwhile.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Rabz ভাই শুনে ভাল লাগল আপনার লন্ডনের ডিনারের গল্প শুনে। মিরাজ ভাই কি নিজে রান্না করলো নাকি?
Thanks Auntu bhai.
Nah, bhabi ranna korechilo.
She was graceous enough as well to take the time of her day to cook for a stranger.
The food was good, the meeting was simply pleasant.
Old November 26, 2008, 11:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Cricinfo on a positive note on Big Z:
Junaid grew in confidence, upper-cutting Kallis over point for a confident and tone-setting boundary, but he showed his true class when on the front foot. A sweetly timed off-drive sped for four off Ntini, bowling a touch too full, while Steyn - curiously ineffective throughout the day - was punched off the back foot for four more. A streaky, uppish cut flew past gully to bring up his third Test fifty, an elegant example of the talent in Bangladesh batsmanship.

source
Old November 26, 2008, 11:59 AM

Nice read...from CI:

South Africa v Bangladesh, 2nd Test, Centurion, 1st day
Mushfiqur and Junaid star for South Africa
The Bulletin by Will Luke
November 26, 2008
South Africa 20 for 1 (Smith 15*, Amla 5*) trail Bangladesh 250 (Siddique 67, Mushfiqur 65, Ntini 4-32) by 230 runs
Scorecard and ball-by-ball commentary
How they were out

Morne Morkel showed an improvement in form to pick up four wickets © Getty Images

Bangladesh may not be providing South Africa the most stern examination before Australia next month, but for the first time in this series they challenged the hosts with a combative performance to reach 250. Fifteen minutes before stumps on the first day at Centurion, Mashrafe Mortaza capped an encouraging day for Bangladesh with the wicket of Neil McKenzie for a duck
Their performance today was in stark contrast to their dismal effort in Bloemfontein last week when they only managed to survive 88.3 overs in two innings. But this was a different story, with Junaid Siddique cracking 67 while Mushfiqur Rahim's elegantly crafted 65 lifted his side to their highest first-innings score since April 2006. There were signs of encouragement for Morne Morkel, the fast bowler who has struggled with his consistency, but again he mixed the sublime with the scattergun.
In fact, Bangladesh improved with each session. Choosing to bat on what is traditionally an encouraging surface for the seamers, and with South Africa calling up Monde Zondeki to replace Paul Harris, it seemed perfectly logical that they would succumb to their long-standing vulnerability to pace. Yet they showed early promise, particularly Junaid who took a liking to Dale Steyn, who had a poor day. Holding the pose, Junaid drove him casually down the ground while Tamim Iqbal nudged and nurdled singles, dispatching the occasional handsome cover-driven four.
Having struggled with his line and length, Morkel finally settled into a good rhythm to hit Junaid with a viper-spitting bouncer which hammered into his unprotected left arm. A fuller delivery accounted for Tamim on 31, who edged him behind, causing celebrations of relief from an embattled fast bowler. He followed it up with a slightly slower and fuller delivery to Mohammad Ashraful who, with concreted feet, offered a simple return catch.
A lunchtime score of 64 for 3 summed up the situation. Bangladesh had begun promisingly, only to throw it away before the interval, but Junaid continued to flourish after the break as South Africa were made to wait. Jacques Kallis produced several unplayables, gaining prodigious swing to Mehrab Hossain jnr, but as ever it was Makhaya Ntini who made the breakthrough when Mehrab was drawn into a loose swish outside his off stump.
Junaid grew in confidence, upper-cutting Kallis over point for a confident and tone-setting boundary, but he showed his true class when on the front foot. A sweetly timed off-drive sped for four off Ntini, bowling a touch too full, while Steyn - curiously ineffective throughout the day - was punched off the back foot for four more. A streaky, uppish cut flew past gully to bring up his third Test fifty, an elegant example of the talent in Bangladesh batsmanship.
At the other end, however, came evidence of Bangladesh's difficulties. Raqibul Hasan, making his debut, showed potential with a supremely elegant flick off his pads, but couldn't cope with Morkel's bounce, fending him to Smith for his second catch. Shakib-al-Hasan entertained with a cameo of 30 off 27 balls but Bangladesh needed rather more substance than a brief flurry.
And they received it from Mushfiqur, batting a little too low, frankly, at No. 8. With strong wrists and firm cuts, he batted with great aggression - driving Kallis beautifully for four; slapping another wide from Morkel through the same cover region before swinging Steyn for two sublime sixes over midwicket. He was dropped on 23 by Mark Boucher - one of two spills by the wicketkeeper - but two more fours off Steyn took him through to a superb fifty. His tenth-wicket partnership with Mahbubul Alam (who contributed just 1) of 56 spanned just 12 overs. South Africa were increasingly incensed, but were guilty of bowling too wide.
Granted, 250 is not a total to challenge one of the world's best line-ups, but Bangladesh ensured it was their day in the sun when Mortaza found a brute of a delivery to square up McKenzie. He could have had Hashim Amla, too, but the ball appeared to brush the batsman's pads rather than his glove down the leg side. Nevertheless, with South Africa trailing by 230, for the first time in this series Bangladesh have put up a fight.
Will Luke is a staff writer at Cricinfo
© Cricinfo
Old November 26, 2008, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Cricinfo on Mushfiq:

Mushfiqur, batting a little too low, frankly, at No. 8. With strong wrists and firm cuts, he batted with great aggression - driving Kallis beautifully for four; slapping another wide from Morkel through the same cover region before swinging Steyn for two sublime sixes over midwicket......but two more fours off Steyn took him through to a superb fifty. His tenth-wicket partnership with Mahbubul Alam (who contributed just 1) of 56 spanned just 12 overs.

মুশি স্টেইনকে দুইটা ছয় দুইটা চার মেরে তো ম্যাচে ১টা ক্যাচ ফেলার অপরাধ ক্ষমার সুযোগ পেয়ে গেলো। আগাম মাফ...

source
Old November 26, 2008, 12:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
are vai, Miraz vai er haate khichuri jodi ekdin kheten tahole bujten, ami koidin agey khaisilam ekhno mukhe saad lege ase..
Old November 26, 2008, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

i have had it with mohammad ashraful....
i am on your case ashraful....
it's time for some serious change and order! seriously...
Old November 26, 2008, 12:33 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

well done bd. leran something from mistake........well done junaid and rahim. both played really good innings. also good luck to mash to get the wk at the end. ash got the worst year in test cricket this year but best year in ODI for him this year so far.
Old November 26, 2008, 12:36 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

all the umpire dont like BD. i think.i didn't see the amla's catch but everyone is saying he is gone.....so i agree.salar umpire......anyway if we can get smith and amla 2morow early it will be good. GO BD.