facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 25, 2005, 05:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Discussion is the lifeline of a forum while persuasion is not. Exchanging opinion that neither redicule nor disrespect oposing views, whether right or wrong, is a sign of healthy discussion. Religious and other faith based matters often demand even higher standard to accomodate 'sensitiveness' and 'correct information' among other parameters.

If you guys think, you can carry on with a healthy discussion and pay due respect to the other participants with sensitivity and kindness without imposing your will and deliberate misrepresentation of information, please go right ahead. Else, please stop here now.
Thank you. From the questions/comments already posted here, from my point of view at least, the thread would more like an explanation/elaboration type, more interactive rather than an article.

I will start the thread, and you are more than welcome to watch over it to see if it goes out of track or not. You and other mod’s are more than welcome to join in with your concerns, views about this noble work of effort of Iman, ie. tabligh.

Old September 25, 2005, 06:26 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zobair

Tableeg Jamaat does not preach to non-Muslims. Its main concern is Muslims, and calling Muslims back to the Mosque, and to Allah and his 'deen'. So this verse, and the situation in which the verse revealed does not apply.
its a big fat lie that TJ does not preach to non-Muslims.

if you are going to base your argument on lies - then you are doing yourself a disservice.
Old September 25, 2005, 06:46 PM
Street Cricketer

muslims (read: tablighis, fundees, radicals, or just muslims) are disrespectful and intolerant of other faiths.

respect vis-a-vis religion is interesting. today it is the "cool, hip" thing to do to promote religious respect among all faiths.

you have to respect others in order to get any respect. it is as simple as that.

Tablighis are annoying.

is this really relevant?

you gotta listen to what others are saying. Maybe you'll be able to market your product better if you listen to your audience.

islam (is/is not) the fastest growing religion in the world.

pointless really

agreed

you should read books by ibn warraq, craig wynn, salman rushdie, irshad manji, adolf hitler, et al

classic example of trying to undermine one by associating with another defamed one.

preaching shows disrespect to others

a classic case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

preaching can be done without being disrespectful to others.
Old September 25, 2005, 08:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by endofinnocence
its a big fat lie that TJ does not preach to non-Muslims.

if you are going to base your argument on lies - then you are doing yourself a disservice.
WoW! You should speak to Salafies or Ahlel Hadith groups, or JMB (ahlel Hadith version of BD) or Jamat-shibir leaders and prove them Tabligh makes effort on Non-Muslims.

This it the #1 critisim from those groups that "why tabligh does not make direct effort among non-Muslims?".
Looks like you have the answer.

Hey did you do a Master degree on tabligh or something?
I have been with this work for almost 10 years, I haven't figured what you have figured out, what a find!

Edited on, September 26, 2005, 1:43 AM GMT, by Dawah.
Old September 26, 2005, 01:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[i]I accept your apology ahead of time, which I am sure will be coming since I already know you from other posts Al.
I guess I was wrong. Not only no apology, but a duplication of the above in another thread, with the words X instread of Christ still inserted. That saddens me. I thought if I show respect, I would earn it back.