facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2007, 02:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Bulbul ( past), Ash, Mash
Default diman ghosh, raqibul hasan, nadif

diman ghosh have better avarage in first class cricket than our current national team players.

we know mushfiq is good wk but diman should be given chance atleast as middle order batsman...

RAQIBUL HASAN IS 1 COMPLETE BATSMAN. HE ALSO HAVE VERY GOOD AVARAGE OF 50 IN FIRST CLASS CRICKET.HE HAS GOOD TEMPARMENT.

NADIF IS ALSO VERY GOOD BATSMAN AND HANDFUL SPINNAR.

i dont know wht our selectors are doing..they shud give these 3 atleast 2 or 3 cahnces in int crckt.

wht r ur opinions???

Old June 7, 2007, 03:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I think Raqibul will be drafted very soon. He will fillup our long cherished middle order
lineup.
Old June 7, 2007, 03:21 PM
BC Editorial Team

Our selectors are able to differentiate between the standards of our domestic cricket and international cricket. Hasibul Shanto had been tearing up the domestic leagues in bowling. Faisal Hossain Dickens was the rage a few years ago. Then it was Shaheen Hossain's turn. Saifuddin Babu is Muraliesque in our league. How much success have these guys had when given a chance in A-team or national team?
Old June 7, 2007, 03:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I want all these in to our national team in five years time. Hopefully they will exceed their averages by then. Only then they can serve Bangladesh for the next 15 years. Thank you. I don't want them for one or two series.
Old June 7, 2007, 07:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default dhiman

Dhiman Ghosh and Raquibul seem like good prospects. But yeah, should wait a few years before being selected. I'm not a huge fan of drafting 19 year olds to the national team unless absolutely necessary.
Old June 7, 2007, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I want all these in to our national team in five years time. Hopefully they will exceed their averages by then. Only then they can serve Bangladesh for the next 15 years. Thank you. I don't want them for one or two series.
So you have given up on Rahim already !!! Or have you taken up the thread starter's idea of having dhiman as a batsman !!! I wouldnt have any wicketkeeper in the team as a batsman only exception being Adam Gilchrist and there wont be one like him in world cricket for a long time. I would like Rakibul to be drafted in one year's time if he still performs in such a prolific manner. He can replace whoever is not performing then.
Old June 7, 2007, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Dhiman will find it tough as a keeper even if Mush messes up the keeping job all too frequently. The best prospects are for the SLA as this has been an uninterrupted flow with the board eager to recruit them.
Old June 7, 2007, 09:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

They should be given more time..and about a keeper..we should concentrate building Mushy now..but if he fails badly again and again..maybe we can look at Dhiman..but not now..and Nadif,Rakib.. give em some time..their turn will come..Bangladesh depends heavily on young players.. Nadifs an opener ..right? I can see him playing for bangladesh soon.. i mean the way SN is playing.. it wont be long..he is out of the team.
Old June 7, 2007, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I had high hopes for Nadif but he continues to disappoint me. He needs to improve his temperament and play a few big innings. We can definitely use a power batsman like him but he is not quite ready. This is the first year Rakibul is performing and I would see another season or two before I draft him. It will be quite tough for Dhiman to make the cut. Mushi is an automatic choice and Sagir will be the backup in my eyes. Dhiman has to continue the good work he has done with the bat and gloves for a while before he can come to the discussion.
Old June 7, 2007, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

We call our selectors whimsical??? Look at you guys....just got the new stats on the domestic players and started talking about drafting them in the national team already??? This is exactly why our team is taking forever to go wherever it's supposed to be....no long term goals, always short term fixes. sigh!!!!
Old June 7, 2007, 11:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
They should be given more time..and about a keeper..we should concentrate building Mushy now..but if he fails badly again and again..maybe we can look at Dhiman..but not now..and Nadif,Rakib.. give em some time..their turn will come..Bangladesh depends heavily on young players.. Nadifs an opener ..right? I can see him playing for bangladesh soon.. i mean the way SN is playing.. it wont be long..he is out of the team.
Is Nadif an opener? I guess he is middle order as actually he used to be an allrounder until his bowling action was reported. Could he correct himself already.
I think Rakibul is the opener and can be a real good contender for our opening slot even for test in a year or so.
Old June 7, 2007, 11:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
We call our selectors whimsical??? Look at you guys....just got the new stats on the domestic players and started talking about drafting them in the national team already??? This is exactly why our team is taking forever to go wherever it's supposed to be....no long term goals, always short term fixes. sigh!!!!
cant agree with you partially. Actually our team came to this position atleast in ODI as we have drafted some young bloods soon. can you imagine what would happen if we sticked to sanwar, Rokon, shanto amd many more. But I agree, now our team came into a shape and we should stick to them for some time to be estabilize. Though couple of changes requires for test still.
Old June 8, 2007, 12:02 AM

Let them play more games in A team, then see how their stat is in A team, and only then talk about getting in national team. And I believe Raqibul and some will start to do better if they get enough / more chance to play in A team.
Old June 8, 2007, 01:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Red face Facts of Life

the facts of life: provided the comparative quality and short length of our domestic first class cricket - still being sacrificed for the stagnating effects of club cricket - home is obviously not the ideal place to groom talent, yet. our selections must continue to be talent-based until both the quality and length of domestic first class are enhanced and lengthened. lacking the aforementioned basics, as we do now, talent can only be groomed under the spotlight. first of all, genuine talent needs to be recognized in terms of fair standards that measure a player's: 1) hand-eye coordination, 2) temperament, and 3) the ability to learn, somewhat accurately. then they need to be worked into the senior side after performing well for the junior and A-side before debuting against weaker opponents like zimbabwe, kenya, or ireland. however, if the senior team has holes, and if talent is available to plug those holes, they need to be brought in quicker ... and once they're in, they need to be given ample time to learn on the job until the quality of our domestic cricket dictate otherwise. i'm willing to give genuinely talented ODI players (ash, tamim, alok, aftab, junaid, shakib, mushy, mash, rajib) up to 100 matches, and genuinely talented test prospects up to 25 test matches (ash, alok, shakib, mushy, the iqbal brothers, shariar nafees, nirala, mash, rajib, enam and dollar) to prove their mettle. once into the starting line-up, such a player needs to be provided with realistic match-by-match performance expectations, and given an entire ODI series (3 to 5 matches) and/or at least 2 consecutive test matches before being benched again if they fail to meet those initial expectations. the only player of the three mentioned in this thread, i'd put down nirala (raquibul) as the only such talent, albeit primarily from the # 2 and # 3 perspective from my talent checklist.

dhiman's a good choice for the back-up keeper job. based on what i've seen of both him and mushy, he may be the better keeper ... but mushy's the more technically sound batsman, more enthusiastic behind the stumps, and has the temperament go with a remarkable capacity to learn from his gaffes. mushy # 1, dhiman # 2 ... i don't see why not now.

back to nirala. despite having played only 9 FC matches, his 300 and 100 NO are impossible ignore. we are a batting-challenged team in both forms of the game and he is needed now. i'd have him replace HaBa in the middle order right away, practice a lot with modified tennis balls (for lack of sporting pitches in BD), and groom him for the opening slot for test matches as his performance gradually moves him up the batting order. again, i don't see why he can't be in the team now. i don't think he'll do any worse than some of the non-performers in the team, still riding the selectors' coat-tails, and trying to have us believe that it is still possible to teach strokeless or compulsive old cricketers new tricks. there's no reason to buy what they'll try to have us believe, unless you consider the puerile and typically expensive sentimentality a reason. i for one, think of such things as simply stagnating. nirala in now.

nadif's a bashar-like (before he became HaBa) batsman, without too many of those compulsions and pavlovian responses to the opposition bowling. bashar, however was a better stroke player in his day. nadif can wait until nirala takes over the test opening duties in a year or two, before given a shot to start his international test career at the # 7 spot, right below alok and aftab ... unless our selectors' unhealthy fetish for dragging around old baggage creates a crisis and opens a door for his slightly premature entry.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 8, 2007 at 01:42 AM..
Old June 8, 2007, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Their performances are mainly from first class cricket in bangladesh. I want to see them perform like this in the A team before they get drafted into the main 11.
Old June 8, 2007, 05:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Their performances are mainly from first class cricket in bangladesh. I want to see them perform like this in the A team before they get drafted into the main 11.
Exactly my thoughts.
We already got a core of players to work with the national team.
Lets get all those others mentioned in the A team and see how they perform against their counterparts in international level.

Once they prove thier worth beyond reasonable doubts, draft them in.
Till then, no more killing careers.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 8, 2007, 05:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

they need more time before they are given chance at the top level.
Junior
Old June 8, 2007, 08:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Raqibul scored a century with A team in last Zimb. tour. Also his record against pak.
and SL academy teams was superb !! Currently he is in Australia with cricket scholarship
program. BCB is preparing him for the national side seriously.
Old June 8, 2007, 01:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
Is Nadif an opener? I guess he is middle order as actually he used to be an allrounder until his bowling action was reported. Could he correct himself already.
I think Rakibul is the opener and can be a real good contender for our opening slot even for test in a year or so.
Rakibul Hasan? opener? Hmm okay.. ive heard he's a middle order batsman!
Anyway..let em come..we'll know!
Old June 8, 2007, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Dhiman could be listed in WK selection war. All 3 of them need to play more in A team level.
Old June 8, 2007, 02:43 PM

...Kam-kaiz nai...ki korum...jauk ekkhan thread khuli! kon ki miya bai ra?
bulbul bhair fan...chaliya jan...
Old June 8, 2007, 03:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

we should be first building up our mushi before we go on bout otha keepers
Old June 8, 2007, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah
we should be first building up our mushi before we go on bout otha keepers
bull's eye.
Old June 8, 2007, 04:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

I know nothing about the first two BATSMEN that are being mentioned. I don't know Dhiman very well either but learned that he's tidy behind the stumps. To me Mushy is doing a good job right now so why change him now? He keeps everyone on their toes by constantly talking to them and his youthful exuberance is unmistakeable. He looks very happy to be playing for the team and plus he is one of the very few reliable batsman that we have in the squad so dumping him out of the side would only be nothing short of a joke. Only in one condition where a guy like Dhiman can come in that is if he's a big hitter who can whack the ball in lower order because nowadays you need all round keepers and especially in ODIs you can a power hitter wicket keeper. Gilly, Boucher, McCallum, Dhoni with Sangakkara being the only exception with that philosophy. That's the only wickness in Mushy's armour right now.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; June 8, 2007 at 04:51 PM..
Old June 9, 2007, 08:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
I know nothing about the first two BATSMEN that are being mentioned. I don't know Dhiman very well either but learned that he's tidy behind the stumps. To me Mushy is doing a good job right now so why change him now? He keeps everyone on their toes by constantly talking to them and his youthful exuberance is unmistakeable. He looks very happy to be playing for the team and plus he is one of the very few reliable batsman that we have in the squad so dumping him out of the side would only be nothing short of a joke. Only in one condition where a guy like Dhiman can come in that is if he's a big hitter who can whack the ball in lower order because nowadays you need all round keepers and especially in ODIs you can a power hitter wicket keeper. Gilly, Boucher, McCallum, Dhoni with Sangakkara being the only exception with that philosophy. That's the only wickness in Mushy's armour right now.
nobody's asking to CHANGE mushy. the debate's about a second choice keeper.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)