facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 12, 2018, 09:02 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
be happy, bed multiple women, be free, be a multi millionaires, change lives of others for better, be someone's role model, be the best among peers... and the list goes on.
Might wanna add a LG UHD wallpaper tv. Those tvs looks amazing and would certainly lead to happiness

Old February 12, 2018, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Might wanna add a LG UHD wallpaper tv. Those tvs looks amazing and would certainly lead to happiness
Haha ..can't argue it would look amazing but not sure it would lead to happiness though. I am not really a big movie or tv person.

But that's a good yardstick of success. The size and thinness of your tv.
Old February 12, 2018, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Haha ..can't argue it would look amazing but not sure it would lead to happiness though. I am not really a big movie or tv person.

But that's a good yardstick of success. The size and thinness of your tv.
Meh projectors are the future.
Old February 12, 2018, 10:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I think I will grade myself to 1.2 out of 10.

I lived too long for other people, and now I cannot even see to live only for myself in distant future. Everyday I act dumber than my usual self. When I am gone, the world will regret more than it will mourn.
Old February 12, 2018, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I think I will grade myself to 1.2 out of 10.

I lived too long for other people, and now I cannot even see to live only for myself in distant future. Everyday I act dumber than my usual self. When I am gone, the world will regret more than it will mourn.
Didn't quite catch the last line.
Old February 13, 2018, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

How do you guys know when you have made it.

I know for a fact that I will be very disappointed If I am stuck with an 100K job, honestly people get impressed easily, when they hear you have a six figure salary. What's the point of an education if your just making 100k a year or a bit more, pretty pointless IMO.

A train driver can earn 100k, a taxi driver can earn 100k.

I won't be satisfied until I earn at least 300-400k

Even then I probably won't stop. How do you stop from being hungry/ambitious. For me its just an endless cycle.

I like to live by the idea of "work hard now, relax later"
Old February 13, 2018, 08:08 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.

Yeah i totally get that hard working vibe from you by seeing you here in BC
Old February 13, 2018, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yeah i totally get that hard working vibe from you by seeing you here in BC
Its good to relax once in a while. Don't assume.
Old February 13, 2018, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
How do you guys know when you have made it.

I know for a fact that I will be very disappointed If I am stuck with an 100K job, honestly people get impressed easily, when they hear you have a six figure salary. What's the point of an education if your just making 100k a year or a bit more, pretty pointless IMO.

A train driver can earn 100k, a taxi driver can earn 100k.

I won't be satisfied until I earn at least 300-400k

Even then I probably won't stop. How do you stop from being hungry/ambitious. For me its just an endless cycle.

Let me tell you something, the chances of you getting a job that pays 300k+ is incredibly low. You want to make those kinds of figures, become an entrepreneur. A "job" will never make you rich (especially engineering salaries, which I think you are studying?).

There are literally millions of guys like you that think "oh I can just climb the corporate ladder till I become CEO" and there's only a handful of CEOs. So do the math.

At some point, you will reach your ceiling and be put in your place, and by then you will be so beaten up and tired, you won't care anymore, and it will be too late.

Otoh, entrepreneurs can and do become millionaires. There are plumbers, who've started plumbing businesses and living the life you want. It's still very difficult, but the probability of success is much higher than working your way up to becoming CEO.

tl;dr hard work =/= 300k+ salary
Old February 13, 2018, 04:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Well I am posting on BC no?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 13, 2018, 04:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Didn't quite catch the last line.
Exactly, wait till I am gone
Old February 13, 2018, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Well I am posting on BC no?
It can actually go either way. I mean tbh I found my deepest fulfillment in life pouring time and effort in Cricket Curiosities. There are at times when I felt I was born to do this.

If some genie gave me three choices - come to think of it where I get to play characters such as:

1. Navy SEAL who solved Riemann Hypothesis
2. Taoist monk who memorized entire Britannica
3. Pansy sissy Zeesh (NOT jeesh! trust me we had some confusion over it in official Tigers website back in the days) loving his life being lost in thoughts, videos and weirdities of cricket...

I would actually take 3 in heartbeat. Although the glitzy allure of "success" would be "making it" all big shot and shi.. rich, fame, prestige... I have -after giving some matured thoughts- realize it is really about living EACH AND EVERY SINGLE moment in deep awe, appreciation and gratitude of life breathing this air in a beautiful universe..

THAT is success in my humble opinion.
THAT is Taoism in full effect.

THAT is being in center of the beatific vision.

Unfortunately society conflates living effortless in harmony with nature as lazy and bum like and yet rewards Puritan mentality.

How sad!

Almost as if waking up from a dream one night to realize ..sure it was meaningless, but why didn't I make a meaning out of it instead of living someone else's dream?

shingara... neu.. dhoro.. ki bolba bolo..tomar pala..

Old February 13, 2018, 04:37 PM
Cricket Savant

I also think in the strict purest sense success is making the 'cut' in a ----no shoot. Don't mean to brag. *adjusts tie*

Old February 13, 2018, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Let me tell you something, the chances of you getting a job that pays 300k+ is incredibly low.
what you talking about man? Earning 300K in technology field is very common. Facebook interns make 100k. I am sorrounded by ppl with that level of income from w2. It's not really a lot of money. You ain't gonna be ballin I can tell u that.

But yes entrepreneurship is where the real money is at.
Old February 13, 2018, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

How do you know when you have the right product do you go looking for it or does it just suddenly come to you.

Will it also be effective if I take an course in Lean Six Sigma.
Old February 13, 2018, 07:59 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

I guess we have to hear more about those 100k interns next week.

One way to guess how much you are likely to earn is just look at average salaries by occupation.

Completely agree with Yankees
Old February 23, 2018, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
what you talking about man? Earning 300K in technology field is very common. Facebook interns make 100k. I am sorrounded by ppl with that level of income from w2. It's not really a lot of money. You ain't gonna be ballin I can tell u that.

But yes entrepreneurship is where the real money is at.
You have to be an EVP or SVP to make 300K in Canada in an engineering company.

Only a handful of companies (US-based) pay ~100K to interns and people think that is all in tech field. For a fair comparison, Facebook interns can make 96K while interns in Intel will likely to make 65K. Google Canada pays around 70K to interns.

I work for a power company (public) and it pays 55K-60K to an intern. We have 5,500 employees (mostly electrical engineers/technicians/technologists) in total and only 10-15 people make over 200K.
Old February 23, 2018, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

I have seen some jobs on SEEK for software engineers, and have noticed that contract work pays the most.

Is it better to work on contract and give up the securities of full time employment, some contract jobs pay 1000-400 dollars per day for a 1 year to 6 month contract.
Old February 24, 2018, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
You have to be an EVP or SVP to make 300K in Canada in an engineering company.

Only a handful of companies (US-based) pay ~100K to interns and people think that is all in tech field. For a fair comparison, Facebook interns can make 96K while interns in Intel will likely to make 65K. Google Canada pays around 70K to interns.

I work for a power company (public) and it pays 55K-60K to an intern. We have 5,500 employees (mostly electrical engineers/technicians/technologists) in total and only 10-15 people make over 200K.
Power companies are notorious for paying low. When i said in techonology field I don't mean engineering only. It's mostly in the internet companies like fb, google, apple, microsoft etc etc.

there are massive recruitment fighting to poach talent. Sure you look at average salary on net, you will not realize how much talented young ppl are being paid by these companies.... i think 200 to 300k is just a drop in the bucket when you take into consideriation the stocks options and other compensation they get on top.

when I mentioned about ppl sorrounding me, i guess it was not a fair comparison as they are all in medical field and i don't know a single one who is making less than 200k. Couple that met in college with dual average income can get into household income in 200 to 250K area with regular simple jobs...None of these ppl are anywhere close to ballin. Only thing they are doing better than others are that they are not living pay check to pay check.

So while the number looks high.. when you actually live through it, you will realize, you are just like everyone else trying to survive...

So dinraats cab driver analogy is good but his target salary i don't think will make him any happier.... But I think once you start going close to a million dollar income.. that's when you start ballin and money doesn't become an issue anymore.

So lesson.. Invest Early... look at the bigger picture. 100k 200k 300k they all same. How one saves and invests will dictate how they will achieve financial independence. as long as you have problem with money flow when you are not working under someone, you haven't made it.
Old February 24, 2018, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

San francisco houses wouldn't all be million dollars for tiny shithole if those comapnies compensation was in 60ks. Trust me
Old February 24, 2018, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Power companies are notorious for paying low. When i said in techonology field I don't mean engineering only. It's mostly in the internet companies like fb, google, apple, microsoft etc etc.

there are massive recruitment fighting to poach talent. Sure you look at average salary on net, you will not realize how much talented young ppl are being paid by these companies.... i think 200 to 300k is just a drop in the bucket when you take into consideriation the stocks options and other compensation they get on top.

when I mentioned about ppl sorrounding me, i guess it was not a fair comparison as they are all in medical field and i don't know a single one who is making less than 200k. Couple that met in college with dual average income can get into household income in 200 to 250K area with regular simple jobs...None of these ppl are anywhere close to ballin. Only thing they are doing better than others are that they are not living pay check to pay check.

So while the number looks high.. when you actually live through it, you will realize, you are just like everyone else trying to survive...

So dinraats cab driver analogy is good but his target salary i don't think will make him any happier.... But I think once you start going close to a million dollar income.. that's when you start ballin and money doesn't become an issue anymore.

So lesson.. Invest Early... look at the bigger picture. 100k 200k 300k they all same. How one saves and invests will dictate how they will achieve financial independence. as long as you have problem with money flow when you are not working under someone, you haven't made it.
Are you a doctor.
Old February 24, 2018, 01:07 PM
Cricket Sage

How unsuccessful are you?
Old February 25, 2018, 06:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Disclaimer: my post may offend certain people.

For me, Earning Money is as successful as the following: does it cover for all my needs and wants plus savings. I can proudly say, YES Alhamdulillah! for different people the needs are different. For me being wealthy, is not necessarily how much you earn, but how much you save and what you do with your money. I am of the mentality to get the most bang for the buck(Islamic concept: Barakah). sometimes, in my life that doesn't exactly happen. I start backtracking and try to figure out what is it I am doing wrong and work from there....

If you have a Family that deeply cares about you, If you have friends that deeply cares about you. If you have a roof over your head and you can enjoy the tastiest of meals whenever and wherever you want. If you have no debts(You don't owe anybody anything at any level). Everyone thinks very good things about you or you have no enemies(You are well respected in Society generally speaking)... If you are able to save a substantial amount after month's work (or weeks work), If you are not stressed at work. If you lead a very well balanced healthy lifestyle where The Almighty has granted you good health and free time. That is in my word definition of Worldly Success.

Example: someone may make 3x or 5x more times money(or maybe more) then me: but ultimately, if that person has no inner peace and constantly stressed out then what success is that? If these people have absolutely no free time no enjoy themselves, then what benefit all this wealth bring then? what's the point of having all that money when after your death someone else or the state will inherit that while you forgot to enjoy your life or spend it on things that matter the most.

Advice to Dinraat and others in a similar boat: Don't worry about money. Figure out what you are really really good at and pursue that and become the best at it. money and the world will then chase you .

However, one day all of these will come to end. what's the point then? who will remember you? maybe for one day or two days or one week or few months your close family and friends will grieve. but then they will forget and move on with their life. what is your legacy? Even if i invent something or some concept, I will only be remembered for my invention/idea and nothing else. such a depressing thought, isn't it? what was it that you were meant to do on earth? The ultimate success therefore, is this:

1) You enter Paradise without any form of suffering in the hereafter or in the grave. Allah mentions in the Qur'an how He created mankind and Jinn solely for his worship. If we achieve all there is to achieve in this life but we neglect the purpose that which we were created for. we are completely useless. our existence is meaningless except for our own pitiful enjoyment and entertainment which has no everlasting value after our departure from this world.

The pleasures and treasures of this world may be very tempting but is nothing compared to what Allah has prepared for those who worked hard to please him. This is a reminder for myself as sometimes I get sidetracked from what's really important.
Old February 25, 2018, 08:46 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
San francisco houses wouldn't all be million dollars for tiny shithole if those comapnies compensation was in 60ks. Trust me
Eto assumption er ki dorkar jekhane you have info available online? Just look at Bureau of labor statistics by state. Mean wage per year by management fuction dewa asey.
Old February 25, 2018, 09:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Eto assumption er ki dorkar jekhane you have info available online? Just look at Bureau of labor statistics by state. Mean wage per year by management fuction dewa asey.
Because they do not reflect what is being paid by these tech companies to their top programmers. Mean wage means nothing.. neither does median. Point is you don't have to become CEO, you can make a lot of money just by being a top notch programmer in these tech companies. Actual wages many get are hard to deduce from online because there are so much wide variations. It's good yardstick for your joe schmoe looking for a job but if you are in demand you would be selling yourself short if you go by those.

Look at this recent article.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tech-...-prices-2018-2

So one of those Faang employees they are writing if they want to live near their work site , they have to shell out 30 percent of their pretax income for average housing whose mortage is on average 5200.

that comes out to be ~17000 usd a month or >200K a year. We are talking about average here and simply salary. So there are many that are getting stocks options, and much much higher pay. Back in the days, it was the management, ceos and all the other bullshit ppl getting money but now these companies pay a lot to the right employees.

these are not assumptions.. logical deductions.. and knowledge of the field. Not simply just from labor data which are not always in line with reality.

same article in yahoo.. if they give you ad block problem:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/silic...150000626.html

just came out right time for my post

Last edited by iDumb; February 25, 2018 at 10:00 PM..