facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 5, 2011, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

The main problem with such preposterous decisions are that there will not be any chain of command. I can't recall which, but a Pakistani captain recently wrote in an article that he could not say anything to the players because he knew the very next series he may be receiving the same from that player. Without a permanent captain we can not expect authority and players listening/motivated by the captain.

And about Shakib, he does have some serious issues regarding captaincy, he gives up too easily, looses his head way too often, is way too outspoken, stands up to officials, takes too many gambles, but he is the best captain in our test history so far and perhaps the best option we have now as well.

I am fearing that we might resort back to Md. Ashraful, as the selectors seem to have a man crush on him. Or even worse, seeing Bangladesh play under Captain Razzak,if that happens, I will probably stop watching the games.

And as we have now decided to go with a new captain, I hope BCB does a sane thing and goes with Mushy.

Old September 5, 2011, 09:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

It was not one hastily taken decision.
For BCB to grow enough balls to sack two of their best players from the post of Captain and Vice Captain, something must have to go horribly wrong and I'm afraid it did.

The reports must have been that damning bad for the Board to look for a fresh start.

The pair of Shakib and Tamim has not been a successful one.
The world cup has been a disaster and the redemption tour of Zimbabwe turned to a nightmare.

With Shakib and Tamim, things had gone to that point that the pair declared the Selector, who toured with the team in Zimbabwe, an unwanted man in the dressing room. Ei dui jon mile Habibul Bashar Sumon ke "obanchito" ghoshona kore in the Zimbabwe tour.

When all the rest of the boys are dining together, this two would go off and have a dinner/lunch somewhere separate in a different restaurant.
Rather than bringing the team together to play as an unit, they seems to be more busy to split them apart and consider themselves as somewhat "superior" than the rest of the team mates.

I dont know whether this would bring any good to the team and remains to be seen who becomes the next captain, but bottom line is things had to come to this low that two of our best players really disappointed us when given additional role of responsibility and management.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 5, 2011, 09:13 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
For BCB to grow enough balls to sack two of their best players from the post of Captain and Vice Captain, something must have to go horribly wrong and I'm afraid it did.

The reports must have been that damning bad for the Board to look for a fresh start.

The world cup has been a disaster and the redemption tour of Zimbabwe turned to a nightmare.

With Shakib and Tamim, things had gone to that point that the pair declared the Selector, who toured with the team in Zimbabwe, an unwanted man in the dressing room. Ei dui jon mile Habibul Bashar Sumon ke "obanchito" ghoshona kore in the Zimbabwe tour.

When all the rest of the boys are dining together, this two would go off and have a dinner/lunch somewhere separate in a different restaurant.
Rather than bringing the team together to play as an unit, they seems to be more busy to split them apart and consider themselves as somewhat "superior" than the rest of the team mates.

I dont know whether this would bring any good to the team and remains to be seen who becomes the next captain, but bottom line is things had to come to this low that two of our best players really disappointed us when given additional role of responsibility and management.
Top post
Old September 5, 2011, 09:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Good move from the BCB. As I said earlier very few captains can expect to retain their job if their team has been performing the way ours has been recently. And lol at some people likening this to following Pakistan. If anything it's exactly the opposite. BCB has taken a clear stand against 'player power,' which has previously taken Pakistan cricket hostage many times. BCB has shown some much needed backbone and has sent a clear message to players that however successful they are or may be in the future, they are not invincible and will be held accountable for their actions.
Old September 5, 2011, 09:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Well said
Old September 5, 2011, 09:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Good move from the BCB. As I said earlier very few captains can expect to retain their job if their team has been performing the way ours has been recently. And lol at some people likening this to following Pakistan. If anything it's exactly the opposite. BCB has taken a clear stand against 'player power,' which has previously taken Pakistan cricket hostage many times. BCB has shown some much needed backbone and has sent a clear message to players that however successful they are or may be in the future, they are not invincible and will be held accountable for their actions.
Ditto.
Old September 5, 2011, 09:23 AM
Street Cricketer

Location: Layerkul (west), Satgaon, Sreemangal, Moulvibazar, Sylhet.
Favorite Player: Shahid Afridi

Hey! Hurry up!
I just think if any one doing better perform so he will Shakib. I am not his fan but i says only about captain off. Shakib can be as a captain again and i think he is still ready. Tamim can be removed of A.Captain cause its creating pressure on. BCB should think it again & again. Thats all.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 5, 2011, 09:24 AM
Street Cricketer

Location: Layerkul (west), Satgaon, Sreemangal, Moulvibazar, Sylhet.
Favorite Player: Shahid Afridi

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 5, 2011, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I'm in shock, have been since I woke up. How much of this decision stemmed from personal bias as opposed to rational thinking?
Old September 5, 2011, 09:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Btw does anyone else think that the timing of this decision was planned? The country is swept by football fever so the public reaction won't be as strong to this news. Clever.
Old September 5, 2011, 09:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Got it from some blog. Dont know about authenticity.

http://www.somewhereinblog.net/blog/ginipig/29443431
Old September 5, 2011, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:

Looking forward to reading what was in that report. Should be interesting to see who takes over next. Hopefully the change will work out in our favor.

Tamim should never have been VC in the first place. As for Shakib, I still think he's the best leader we have, but again, can't really make that call without knowing th details of the report.
Old September 5, 2011, 09:35 AM
Cricket Guru

I also think Law is a key player in this.
Old September 5, 2011, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I also think Law is a key player in this.
I think he's maybe spotted that being the best does not make someone the smartest (at cricket obviously...)
Old September 5, 2011, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old September 5, 2011, 09:47 AM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

প্রেসঃপরবর্তী অধিনায়ক কে হবে বলে মনে করেন??
শাহাদাতঃএটা আমি তো জানি না...হা হা হা। সবচেয়ে বড় কথা স্মার্টনেস। এটা অনেকের মধ্যেই নেই, আমার আছে। স্মার্টনেস জানেন তো? মানে পোশাক-আশাক, চালচলন। হাইটটা অনেক ইম্পর্টেন্ট। সবার স্মার্টনেস হাইটের জন্যই হয়। আমার মতো যাঁরা লম্বা, তাঁরা দেখবেন অনেক সময় গুজা (কুঁজো) হয়ে হাঁটে। এ রকম আমার মধ্যে নেই। স্মার্ট হওয়ার জন্য যা দরকার ওটা আমার মধ্যে আছেঃ
:d
Old September 5, 2011, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

So this is what the investigation leads to ha? Funny things is BCB is trying to cover up ZIM tour issues with a huge decision like this.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 5, 2011, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Okay lets see...
It's obviously not because of his lack of tactical skills. He is no Mike Brearly obviously, but he's decent. Again,the captian is as good as the team -FACT. The terrible performance in Zimbabwe was due to the SPINELESS batting and sub par bowling. Raise Brearly from his grave and even he won't be able to do jack ****.

If it's regarding performance he's STILL one of the top performers, despite being out of touch. Only Rahim has cemented his spot in the eleven other than this two - so now that he's had 2 decent series, lets make him the captain? Yeah riight.

All the "I love shakib but...." gang needs to point out why exactly is this justified. Because of drama? Yeah, big deal - lets see how it goes under new captain. It has NOTHING to dow with Shakib (or perhaps Tamim).
[/rant]
Old September 5, 2011, 09:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
প্রেসঃপরবর্তী অধিনায়ক কে হবে বলে মনে করেন??
শাহাদাতঃএটা আমি তো জানি না...হা হা হা। সবচেয়ে বড় কথা স্মার্টনেস। এটা অনেকের মধ্যেই নেই, আমার আছে। স্মার্টনেস জানেন তো? মানে পোশাক-আশাক, চালচলন। হাইটটা অনেক ইম্পর্টেন্ট। সবার স্মার্টনেস হাইটের জন্যই হয়। আমার মতো যাঁরা লম্বা, তাঁরা দেখবেন অনেক সময় গুজা (কুঁজো) হয়ে হাঁটে। এ রকম আমার মধ্যে নেই। স্মার্ট হওয়ার জন্য যা দরকার ওটা আমার মধ্যে আছেঃ
:d
Old September 5, 2011, 10:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Messi at Dhaka now. BCB needs some actions to get focus
Another issue: Will shakib play with national team again? i have a doubt.
Old September 5, 2011, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

My fear- Shakib might not give his 100 percent while playing for the team. Same with Tamim.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old September 5, 2011, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

They removed the captain and vice captain because they played poorly against zim. If I remember correctly the last 2 matches we won was because of SHAKIB! It's really not Shakib's fault that he has been given a crappy team to lead. This is the same man we praised and put him over the moon when he won us the series against NZ almost single handly. Beside 2-4 players, the rest are there just to fill up the spots.

When will the BCB ever point their fingers at themselves? They didn't prepare well for the series. They don't even run a proper first-class structure. The people running the BCB are gold diggers.
BCB are bunch of problem makers ...
Old September 5, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
My fear- Shakib might not give his 100 percent while playing for the team. Same with Tamim.
Then may be they will be out of the team too. whats the point of not playing 100% and getting out of the national team in the process ? Did KKR, Worc, Notts guarantee them that they will be playing for them next 5-6 years ?

Getting sacked is a good wake up call for them. Better be on the toes every time. No one is above the team
Old September 5, 2011, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
Aarrrrgh enough already!!! Just because you're an automatic selection for your cricketing skills doesn't necessarily mean you're an automatic skipper!! Grow a brain you guys!!

In fact, if you are causing persistent disharmony in your team, I would seriously question what your criterion of 'automatic' selection really means!

i think that this was a very good decision by BCB. just look at what they had been doing recently! if this is how a captain and VC act, then what examples will be set by these 2 for the rest of the team?
Old September 5, 2011, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by limon
Messi at Dhaka now. BCB needs some actions to get focus
Another issue: Will shakib play with national team again? i have a doubt.
shakib is smart fellow that's why he will play for national team no matter what, he is not Raqibul. If u don't play for your country u r history and shakib knows that!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition