facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 23, 2007, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
nice observations Nocturnal Bhaiya
Thanks antora. woot! woot!

Old December 23, 2007, 05:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal, Ashraful

From the gallery:
Watching this game live was just priceless. We showed our potential! Bowling was superb. We were a little worried not having Mash and Russel. But Shahadat and Sajidul and Farhad took care of that. Ash's change up was at the right time. Ash was on fire with his bat - very sad to see him gone on run out. Aftab's fault.
Anyways, the bangladeshi fans were having a ball themselves. The kiwis were all awed at our excitement - they dont know how to scream or use dhak dhol. Some of them convrted to BD fan. NZ had their tatse of Bangali fun yesterday. More to come on the 26th.
To see our national flag carried around the stadium in a foreign land was just breatheless. Thanks to our cricketers.
The BD association in Auckland is hosting another party for the cricketers tonight. Will have pcitures.
Old December 23, 2007, 05:10 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed_va
From the gallery:
Watching this game live was just priceless. We showed our potential! Bowling was superb. We were a little worried not having Mash and Russel. But Shahadat and Sajidul and Farhad took care of that. Ash's change up was at the right time. Ash was on fire with his bat - very sad to see him gone on run out. Aftab's fault.
Anyways, the bangladeshi fans were having a ball themselves. The kiwis were all awed at our excitement - they dont know how to scream or use dhak dhol. Some of them convrted to BD fan. NZ had their tatse of Bangali fun yesterday. More to come on the 26th.
To see our national flag carried around the stadium in a foreign land was just breatheless. Thanks to our cricketers.
The BD association in Auckland is hosting another party for the cricketers tonight. Will have pcitures.
Oh man! That seems tons of fun. Really hoping that you will keep your word and post some pics. Enjoy the fun.
Old December 23, 2007, 05:25 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
From the gallery:
Thanks again for sharing with us Rashed bhai. Waiting for pics
Old December 23, 2007, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Thanks again for sharing with us Rashed bhai. Waiting for pics

Thanks for sharing. Seems like the expatriate community is going all out to give their cricketers a warm welcome which I am sure have gladden the hearts of the boys to be among their own.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of them.

There is a thread which Miraz bhai has opened where all pictures are posted, maybe that is the thread where fans can post all pictures. Just a suggestion.
Old December 23, 2007, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I never imgained Farhad could clock 136 k

But I would of liked Shahadat to have been bowling consistantly 140K + this is the ideal pace for him, he would of been even more deadly, he was so superb banging in short of a good length and throat deliveries that were impossible to put away. ANd omg that (predictable in my eyes) yorker followed by a bouncer to the young new NZ fella was very good cricketing sense, Shahadat knew he was inexperienced and nervous, what better way to unsettle him with a bouncer and dispatch him with a inswinging yorker.

And our bowling attack was far from full strength w/o rasel, razzak and mortaza.

I think the bowling attack of

Farhad
Sakib
Razzak
Shahadat
Mortaza
Sajid

...................will be a very powerful force to be reckoned with. I think sakib needs improving, he needs to maintain the right probing length and consistantly get turn when he needs it, also a doosra should be developed
Old December 23, 2007, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Watched a report on the match on NTV. Good Stuff.

BTW some really cute NZ girls in the stands.
Old December 23, 2007, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
no, remember the world cup?

I still think ODIs are our game. and that would be so even if i wasn't so biased against BS cricket, err, i mean twenty 20 cricket.
BS cricket = Dandagoolie ? Or is that the next step this great game will take.

OD's were already pyjama cricket. T20s must be knickers cricket. Maybe, 6 overs a side next !
Old December 23, 2007, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
I never imgained Farhad could clock 136 k
And our bowling attack was far from full strength w/o rasel, razzak and mortaza.
I think the bowling attack of

Farhad
Sakib
Razzak
Shahadat
Mortaza
Sajid

...................will be a very powerful force to be reckoned with. I think sakib needs improving, he needs to maintain the right probing length and consistantly get turn when he needs it, also a doosra should be developed
You know stats over a period don't lie. Sajidul's performance in Mirzapore was not a fluke. Having had the advantage of watching him in the Sky Highlights [ the whole game, in fact ], I can see why he took so many wickets. Like Rasel he bowls with an upright seam. He does not have Rasel's variation though; particularly Rasel's magnificent scrambled seam delivery. But time is on his side.

Based on stats, I would also revisit Talha. He was picked far too early. Now he has matured. He is a tall bowler with good pace.

My top 5 will be: [ not necessary that they will play every match ]

Rasel
Murtaza
Shahadat
Sajidul
Talha

Nazmul , Tapash no longer come in the reckoning.

Spinners:

Razzak
Enam
Rafique [ maybe, for the SA series only ].

ODI's

Ash
Sakib.

Did you notice Ash dispensed with bowling his leggers ? He basically bowled floaters like Aftab. Such bowling can prove very costly sometimes !
Old December 23, 2007, 11:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
From the gallery:
Ash was on fire with his bat - very sad to see him gone on run out. Aftab's fault.
Sorry, I saw the match and many replays. Not at all Aftab's fault. The non-striker should always beat the bowler. He did not take his paces with the bowler.
Old December 23, 2007, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Farhad's actually faster than what some give him credit for. Pace-wise, he is no Chacha the second. He was reported to have clocked in the high 130's (138 to be specific) in Zimbabwe.
Old December 24, 2007, 12:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Farhad's actually faster than what some give him credit for. Pace-wise, he is no Chacha the second. He was reported to have clocked in the high 130's (138 to be specific) in Zimbabwe.
i saw him hit 130 or thereabouts in our most recent ODIs in SL. but did he really hit 138??

did he really get to 135? thats impressive cuz he is a really small guy.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 24, 2007, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Well Taposh isn't too tall, and he can hit 140 at times. Gough's below 6 feet and I bet even at this age and with so much body fat, he can bowl in the 140's. It shouldn't be surprising then that Farhad, being smaller than both, can hit the low to mid 130's regularly.
Old December 24, 2007, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i saw him hit 130 or thereabouts in our most recent ODIs in SL. but did he really hit 138??

did he really get to 135? thats impressive cuz he is a really small guy.
I have the game recorded, I can check. But I certainly recall 133 or so. In fact, I cannot recall Shahadat going above 135. Though, unlike the usual Shahadat, this time he bowled straight. For once, we have a bowler of similar height to our opponents.

We will have our work cut out. The short pitched stuff will be coming. We are not well equipped technique-wise to counter that.