facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old January 19, 2009, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimfan
wow what i game and what a day for me

got up at 3 am to watch the game on the day of my exam left when we were 44/6

the exam went really well

and came back and saw we had won one of the best days of my life

ray price i love you and well done to malcom waller on his debut
Well done mate. Though I wouldn't get too excited - it's only Bangladesh.

Old January 19, 2009, 06:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

lol, it's good to be back ^_^

Shame about the loss though =/
Old January 19, 2009, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Zimbabwe came to BD with a purpose, to prove to the world that they are a better side than BD, so they can get their test status back, and they are achieving it.BD pays a coach thousands of dollars, Zim has no proper coach and yet they play better than BD. This was supposed to be an easy series for BD, but I think that they are surprised by the improvement and grit of the Zim players. If they can adopt this stance, then then they can think and play better.

Something is genuinely wrong here, if they play so recklessly, they will not even win one game against Zim and they will be the laughing stock of the cricket world. They played so well against SL, and yet here they fail so miserably.

Bowlers tried, but once again it is the failure of the batsmen. Siddons is not really making much improvements.I really dont know when they will learn.

Last edited by zainab; January 19, 2009 at 06:38 AM..
Old January 19, 2009, 06:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

if the batting is going to be this bad all the time they may as well drop a batsman or allrounder, probably junaid or riyad (naeem has become an important part of the bowling attack so won't be dropped), and add an extra bowler (probably a spinner which should be shuvo, don't think another pacer would help much).
Old January 19, 2009, 07:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

wow.. we are a nation who never learns. Shob gula re sack kora uchit national team theke and perhaps concentrate on footy.
Old January 19, 2009, 07:54 AM
BC Editorial Team

After what happened in the morning, I am glad that Bangladesh did not win, or we would have been busy celebrating the bowlers, and quickly forgot how well the so-called batsmen did.
Old January 19, 2009, 07:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Tintin made a valid point.
Old January 19, 2009, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

But at the end.....it is hurting our reputation. Loosing two matches in a row against this ZIM team is not acceptable.
Old January 19, 2009, 08:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
But at the end.....it is hurting our reputation. Loosing two matches in a row against this ZIM team is not acceptable.
Moreover not being able to deposit even 160 runs on the board in both matches is really unacceptable.
Old January 19, 2009, 08:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

I think you are being too hash on Ashraful, i can understand the mistakes he made the previous game but today he had to use Mortaza who was the most effective bowler apart from Shakib. Nazmul was ineffectve and that put a lot of pressure on the captain. If he hadnt used up Mortaza lyk he did who knows mayb Chigumbura wud have settled and we might have won it comfortably. 124 is never enuff on any pitch and it was difficult for him to decide whether to use his main machine to kill the opponent or leave it for the end - in this case he chose the former and it back fired.
Old January 19, 2009, 09:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Zimbabwe came to BD with a purpose, to prove to the world that they are a better side than BD, so they can get their test status back, and they are achieving it.BD pays a coach thousands of dollars, Zim has no proper coach and yet they play better than BD. This was supposed to be an easy series for BD, but I think that they are surprised by the improvement and grit of the Zim players. If they can adopt this stance, then then they can think and play better.

Something is genuinely wrong here, if they play so recklessly, they will not even win one game against Zim and they will be the laughing stock of the cricket world. They played so well against SL, and yet here they fail so miserably.

Bowlers tried, but once again it is the failure of the batsmen. Siddons is not really making much improvements.I really dont know when they will learn.
You are so wrong.... they are already the laughing stock of the cricketing nations.
Old January 19, 2009, 09:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfreak
if mash didnt bowl out his spell...There would be no pressure to build on. it's his 3 wickets that Put Zim in a hole and took all momenetum away from them. No captain can come up with a full proof plan to defend 124. NO CAPTAIN! ask anyne
actually when Mash took his 3 wickets his figures were like this Mashrafe Mortaza 8-3-15-3.

so i think what you are saying about putting the pressure and taking wickets, not gonna count. cause he took his 3rd wicket while he was in his 8th over. so AshraFool could keep his last 2 overs where mash gave away 6 runs. i think if any other bowler bowled that 2 overs may be they would give 10 runs but we could have a fair chance to pick up wicket at the end by Mash. so it's a bad bad captaincy over all. cause whatever how much competitive the match is or how close the match was, it doesn't matter while it comes to not winning the match. so bad captaincy after all and he should be kicked hard on his back.
Old January 19, 2009, 09:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-Flower
I think you are being too hash on Ashraful, i can understand the mistakes he made the previous game but today he had to use Mortaza who was the most effective bowler apart from Shakib. Nazmul was ineffectve and that put a lot of pressure on the captain. If he hadnt used up Mortaza lyk he did who knows mayb Chigumbura wud have settled and we might have won it comfortably. 124 is never enuff on any pitch and it was difficult for him to decide whether to use his main machine to kill the opponent or leave it for the end - in this case he chose the former and it back fired.
Yeah check out what i said in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
actually when Mash took his 3 wickets his figures were like this Mashrafe Mortaza 8-3-15-3.

so i think what you are saying about putting the pressure and taking wickets, not gonna count. cause he took his 3rd wicket while he was in his 8th over. so AshraFool could keep his last 2 overs where mash gave away 6 runs. i think if any other bowler bowled that 2 overs may be they would give 10 runs but we could have a fair chance to pick up wicket at the end by Mash. so it's a bad bad captaincy over all. cause whatever how much competitive the match is or how close the match was, it doesn't matter while it comes to not winning the match. so bad captaincy after all and he should be kicked hard on his back.
some of the guys are really blind-supporter-for-AshraFOOL. why you guys are backing him up like Siddons where he should be given the reason to elect the bat first in the morning???? why???? and in the presentation what he said sounds really really lack of planning and so pathetic. most idiotic reason i have ever heard as a reason. this kinda fighting matches are not doing any goods for us. we have seen so many matches like this but our players never learned from those matches. for this kinda fighting matches you are not gonna get some points or credit. there is some saying as a consolation prize they just say that what a fight back from BD!!! that's it.i pray to ALLAH that we loose this threee 3-0. i want ZIM to whitewash BD in this series and then AshraFool, Junaid like players should be kicked out from the team. you know why i feel like this????? i saw today after the match, a-10-years-old-boy was crying his heart out man after the last 4. i felt really bad for that kid even more than the bad feelings for not winning the match.
this is not fair at all.
Old January 19, 2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Ladies and gents, I am out of my words watching the scoreboard rising in the morning. What the hell is happening to these morons ? There might have been some kind of ominous curse on our team. How to come out of this troublesome phase of batting?

Last edited by sandpiper; January 19, 2009 at 12:18 PM..
Old January 19, 2009, 12:16 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Well, im no gonna say any words.im keepeing all the words and sentences in my heart and hope will forgot them soon....i know u guys feel sad as i do.......
Old January 19, 2009, 12:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

bangladesh are peices of crappppppppppppp
Old January 19, 2009, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijanur
bangladesh are peices of crappppppppppppp
i ment the cricket team, oviously not the whole country
Old January 19, 2009, 12:25 PM
Street Cricketer

HELLO EVERYONE I'M NEW TO THIS THREAD!
NO Points Blaming ASH or SID its our fate!
Everybody trying there lavel best to win anyway this is cricket anything could happen look at srilanka what has happend on final game would anyone beleived that bd will take 5wicket
in 6 balls impossible but our golden boys make it possible so at least give credit to them wining is a another factor its take determination guts and confidents which we don't have any to be honest,so i request to you guys pls STOP blaming our cricketers we might have played 100s of games,but we failed when its very near to victory,
REASONS: 1.Lack of confidents 2.Lack of Determination 3.Team mis-managements,
Old January 19, 2009, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizmd
NO Points Blaming ASH or SID its our fate!
Everybody trying there lavel best to win anyway this is cricket anything could happen look at srilanka what has happend on final game would anyone beleived that bd will take 5wicket
in 6 balls impossible but our golden boys make it possible so at least give credit to them wining is a another factor its take determination guts and confidents which we don't have any to be honest,so i request to you guys pls STOP blaming our cricketers we might have played 100s of games,but we failed when its very near to victory,
REASONS: 1.Lack of confidents 2.Lack of Determination 3.Team mis-managements,
welcome to bangla cricket
Old January 19, 2009, 12:30 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Welcome Azizmd to BanglaCricket. Enjoy our stay.

On your post -

If everything is fate!! what's the point of practicing?

Our golden boys should sit down and enjoy their glory. If fate permits, they will win the match regardless of their performance.
Old January 19, 2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijanur
i ment the cricket team, oviously not the whole country
mijanur bhai plz stop saying bd are c*.if u dont support them plz dont make any bad comment about them.just keep it in ur mind or write in a piece of paper instead of writing at BC. thanx
Old January 19, 2009, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
mijanur bhai plz stop saying bd are c*.if u dont support them plz dont make any bad comment about them.just keep it in ur mind or write in a piece of paper instead of writing at BC. thanx
its okk..............

i think i need to do that, its that today they played like dogs and cats
Old January 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

I say we need to loose our test status and it should be given to Zimbabwe, cause they have shown patience and the determination towards the end, like a test nation. I can bet you that if bangladesh were 100 odd for eight down, they would have tried to blast their way to victory, but instead would have found themselves 20 run short ! Zimbabwe bowlers can bat better then our so called batsmen. Ashraful needs to be stripped off his captency, because of his performance as a batsmen ! he is having a bad influence on other batsman in the team. And Junaed needs to be reaplaced by Imrul ! Atleast he won't be the first one out in every fricking match that Bangladesh plays.
Old January 19, 2009, 12:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

আমার হৃদয় আজ ভেঙ্গে গেল।

কিন্তু বাংলাদেশ আমি সবসমই সাপোর্ট করবই।

i don't think i will open any more match threads for now...
Old January 19, 2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
আমার হৃদয় আজ ভেঙ্গে গেল।

কিন্তু বাংলাদেশ আমি সবসমই সাপোর্ট করবই।

i don't think i will open any more match threads for now...
same here brother.....i will support BD until i dieeeeeeeeee