facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 31, 2002, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default A breath of fresh air!!

Good News

These reports make me feel proud. Watch out for the comment made by Trevor Chappel.
Here is the Link

I noticed that many want Miandad as BAngladeshi coach for batting. Let me say something - I don't want a coach that do not believe in "his" players. I like Mohsin Kamal's positive attitude and his reactions in different situations. That doesn't mean he is an ideal coach but he has one quality of being a good coach. Same goes for Trevor. (I think I just made some ppl angry here) Greenidge - Now that's a Coach....just opened his mouth at wrong time.

[Edited on 31-7-2002 by Orpheus]

Old July 31, 2002, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Thanks for sharing. I do feel a little better. Specially this part...

Quote:
Former Bangladesh coach Trevor Chappell, sacked earlier this year, said during his tenure: "They have a population of 130 million and cricket is their main game. There's only one way this team will go, and that's upwards.

"It will take some time and some pain and some hard work, but when it happens -- watch out."
I hope I do live to see that day.
Old July 31, 2002, 03:33 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default The fan base is there

130 million people. That's our strenght all right.

Here's one example - Masri came out of NOWHERE. He did not even have to play league cricket to come into prominence. We have a few more to come out like him. let's hope BCB keeps searching. If Saber was there, we would have definitely done better. He had support from the players as well as being a great organizer. Above everything else, he shared a common interest with us (regular fans) and that was to take BD cricket to the world.

Unfortunately, shob kichute pooliticks taar nongra/joghonno naak golai so Saber had to go.

As for Grrenidge, I have a lot of respect for that man. When he said we weren't ready everyone knew that he wasn't lying but BCB ki korlo ???? NOw, he didn't listen to the crybabies populating our national team, he was strict and he got results and he had the guy believe in themselves. Kamal just joined, I hope he gets to be tougher on the players for their failures. I don't think keeping them in 5-star hotels will necessary help them on that department.

Hey, I got an idea. Let's parade the flops (leave Sumon alone) around the Dhaka streets in "dresses/sharis". That ought to give the fans some kind of sollace, Muhaha, Muhahahahahahahaah.
Old July 31, 2002, 04:09 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default BD need not worry

BD need not to worry
Reuters, London (from dailystarnews.com)

Bangladesh's Test status is not under threat despite their struggle to compete at the top level, an official at the International Cricket Council (ICC) has said.
Asked if the country's Test status could be reviewed, ICC corporate affairs general manager Brendan McClements told Reuters: "It's simply not on the agenda. It's not something that's being brought up at the moment."

Sri Lanka, fielding a second-string team, beat Bangladesh by 288 runs in the second Test in Colombo on Wednesday.

Bangladesh have now lost 12 of their 13 matches since being granted Test status two years ago. They were also in trouble in the other game against Zimbabwe but were saved when two days were washed out by rain.

McClements added: "We take note of their performances, of course, but that in no way suggests there's going to be any question of losing a Test playing nation.

"Test status was awarded to them and it's theirs by right."

In January several former Pakistan players including former skipper and coach Javed Miandad said they thought the ICC would soon come under pressure to review the situation after Bangladesh were outclassed by Pakistan in a two-match series. Miandad helped coach Bangladesh's batsmen for three weeks last year.

Sri Lanka fielded a young team for this week's second Test after winning the first by an innings and 196 runs -- a Sri Lankan record. They also scored 509 runs in a single day in the first Test, the highest ever scored in a day by a Test team.

Bangladesh became the 10th Test-playing nation in 2000. Several other sides, such as Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, struggled to make an impact after first being promoted to Test level.

Former Bangladesh coach Trevor Chappell, sacked earlier this year, said during his tenure: "They have a population of 130 million and cricket is their main game. There's only one way this team will go, and that's upwards.

"It will take some time and some pain and some hard work, but when it happens -- watch out."
Old July 31, 2002, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Re:

I have recently noticed that it's mainly the Pakistani senior players or Pakistani fans on usenet or other messageboards who are most vocal on the issue of revoking Bangladesh's test status. What's the dealeo?
Old July 31, 2002, 04:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default someday...

if I live that long...when my hearing won't be that good...neither would be mysight...perhaps...we would have a winning team! ameen!

[Edited on 31-7-2002 by pompous]
Old August 1, 2002, 09:57 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Pak cant accpet BD can play cricket, including kicking some Paki butt.