facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 7, 2002, 09:37 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Congratulation to Pilot

Pilot is the man, he was awarded the man of the serise. No, none of the SL players got it.

I think this is the first ever BD player to clinch a man of the serise.

Congratulations to Pilot.

Old August 7, 2002, 12:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default PILOT IS MY HERO

I am now a BIG fan of Pilot! like a serious fan He is cool He is DA MAN! seriously! Sumon is a talented batsman but this dude is something else...He has shown in this series that he has the BIGGEST HEART of all and fighting spirit till the very end. His body language was pretty impressive too...the way he was egging his bowlers and fielders on! ooooh!. He has earned the respect of one and all 'experts'. His wicket-keeping was excellent and he lead his team from the front. Finally I think we have a "strong character" from our team which should now be pretty familiar and respected by the rest of the world
Only if the other players would take a page out his book!
Three cheers for him
Old August 7, 2002, 01:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Pilot deserves all the praise he is getting. He has been by far the only consistant player in the BD team. I didn't get to see him play this time but I remember his antics in the BD vs. Pakistan game in Dhaka. "Come on Moni bhai, come on" ...."ai bhabe hobe na, hobe na, aro hawa lagbe"...meaning give the bowl more flight. He has lived up to his nickname. He really does take command and soon enough he'll steer the team to victory.

I hope he doesn't let it get to his head. Too many BD batsmen suffer from inflatable heads...they play well in a couple of games and the praise they get makes their heads grow bigger and bigger.

I just wanted to mention Rafique's performance. Although he did not take any wickets in the third ODI, he had the most economical figures - 32 runs in 10 overs, with one maiden. Finally we have a bowler who is more economical than Manju. In the first ODI, his stats were very good as well compared to the other bowlers...37 runs in 10 overs with 1 wicket.

Don't want to take anything away from the two Khalids' but I think Rafique's performance entitle him to a spot on the SA series.

Speaking of the SA series, South African wickets have typically been very bouncy so BD should consider more pacers. Baisya really hasn't impressed me. He takes wickets but he gives away a lot of runs...definitely not a test player yet. Does any one know of the whereabouts of Shanto, and Daas. And any news about Masri? I can't wait to see him back in action. I just hope he has fully recovered from his injury.

[Edited on 7-8-2002 by Ockey]
Old August 7, 2002, 05:46 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Man of the series

First off, hopefully this won't go to his head.

Well, guess what - I kept drilling and drilling that PILOT is the only one worth wearing our national flag (others shine from time to time) for his sheer love and determination for the side. Let's hope he gets to be a better motivator after his experience in Lanka. He is good at motivating himself, let's hope for our own good that he gets to be a little bit tougher on his mates (and then they will start complaining about him, ehehehhe).
Old August 7, 2002, 11:32 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Pilot won\'t be as good

Be a little optimistic about Pilot's batting. (Ektu Lagam-ta tene dhoren shobai please).

Although he is a good enough batsman, but I am not sure about his batting on South African pitches and against South African pacers.

So, my request to all of you would be to not expect too much from him in South Africa, and may be against sides like Australia and New Zealand coming up in the ICC Champion's trophy, although that will be on SriLankan pitches, if his batting is on a test, then he might not come through.

Yet, I am requesting you again to keep your faith in him as the captain.
Old August 7, 2002, 11:37 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Shanto and Bikash

Shanto has really lost all the things that he used to have as a pace bowler to fight it out at the international stage, guess that's why BCB is not looking for him.

Bikash may not be ready or he obviously has some other reason for BCB to not to pick him.

Besides, there is going to be a new contract with the national players by the BCB in a few days, so we can watch which players are on BCB's minds and who are not.

Meanwhile, Masri and Sharif are on the verge of recovery, hope to see them soon.
Old August 8, 2002, 10:13 AM
Club Cricketer

Default re: Bikash

Bikash hasn't really done anything worthy of note lately, he does have good pace and generally a good line, but he's not penetrative enough.

Sujon with his slow medium pace is more effective than Bikash.
Old August 9, 2002, 05:04 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Sujon

Slow Medium ? HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAH (really, nothing funny about it, he does bowl slow medium. I had to go through hell in the last few weeks and that has taken a toll on me).