facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2004, 02:11 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default Should Alok replace _____ in ODIs

It was a bit surpring when Whatmore first talked about not playing Alok in test matches. According to him, Alok is an ODI player. Ok, ODIs are coming. Considering his form and talent (they are almost opposite of each other right now), do you think he should replace someone in the ODI team? If yes, who?

I'm not including Sumon, Asharaful, Rajin, Baysha, Pilot and Rafiq because I believe they are out of question. Still.........

if u vote for Alok replacing someone else, please leave a note about who that could be.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by AgentSmith]

Old February 27, 2004, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

well thank you agent bhai. i understand your support and sympathy for alok. and i dont see anything wrong with that. even i myself am a very good fan of him. but the thing is that sometimes you should look at the current situation. emotions might sometimes cause even more trouble. i am saying this because u just want alok right now in the team because u like him because he is definetly a good player. but the thing is he is out of form right now. so i think it is a better idea to put him out of the team right now. because time for him is not finished. there is a long way to go for him also. if he comes in the team right now and fails then he will just loose some of his supporters. so i think it is a good idea for him to be out of the 11 squad just for the time being until he doesnt get back to his form. thank you.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

why replace him for mushfiq or rana?
Old February 27, 2004, 07:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Appearently Hannan is out of form. So drop him for couple of games and see. If Alok continues to prove us wrong, then bring him (Hannan) in again.
Old February 27, 2004, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
unfortunately torun odiyoman opener hannan sarkar tini kintu akhon out of form ar dole nam likhiyechen. amar mone hoi hannan ke bad dewata khub akta khotir kichu howar kotha noi. ar akta karon hanna is a better test player than one day player. so we might open ashraful with biddhoot. bidhoot tini kintu attacking. ebong ashraful o kintu loose boll charenna. tara dujon neme jodi run rate take biddhoot gotite bariye den tahole kintu akti bhalo score kora shombhob. jodi na ar por middle order a dosh name ebong tasher ghorer moton bhenge pore. kapalike kintu akti match ar jonno ana jete pare. jehete amra 5ti match khelbo shehetu akti match a take niye asha khub akta khotir kichu hobe bole ami mone kori na. shai shathe jodi rokonkeo akti match a khelano hoi shetao kintu mondo hobe na. asha kori jake bad diye jakai ana hok tara jeno bhalo kore. ebong kaokeo jodi bad na dewa hoi, team jodi oporibortito rakha hoi tahole, tarao jeno bhalo kore shetai kintu thakbe amader shokoler prottasha. karon ami kono khelowarke bisheshbe dekhi na. shobaike shoman bhabe dekhi. ami chai je shobai bhalo koruk karon tahole kintu shafollo ashbe. akjoner shaffole kintu pura doler bishesh kore amader moton doler jonno akjoner shaffolle kintu joi pawata aktu kothin bepari bole mone hoi. dannabad.
Old February 28, 2004, 09:41 PM

Default C\'mon guys

hay, 162 views and only 10 votes? come on! please let us know, what you are thinking. even though now it looks like most people are in favore of replacing hannan with alok, we might get a different perspective if more people votes.
Old February 28, 2004, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Shahriah Hossain

I don't think Bidyut's done enough so far to earn a place in the one-day team.

Hannan
Ash
Sumon
Rajin
Alok
Mushfiqur
Mashud
Rana
Rafique
Tapash
Tareq
Old February 28, 2004, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Alok replacing Rana

I voted Alok replacing Rana. I know most of you are thinking of replacing Hannan and having Ash openning w/ Biddut. But to me, I think we should keep the same openers in the ODIs too and have Ash playing in the middle. Cause I think, the openning partnership is always a concern for Bangladesh. Hannan just scored few runs on 3rd day of the test. So I don't think he is out of form totally. Dont get me wrong - I think Rana is a good player but we already have a lefty off spin bowler in the team. As far as his batting concern, I think Alok will be more effective in the ODI than him. That's just my perspective.

Now the question is, where will our x-captain (Sujon) play? Who he's going to replace? I think he will get in the team of a bowler's expense. Most probably Alamgir Kabir.
Old February 28, 2004, 11:33 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Why most of you are thinking that Hannan is in bad form? He has been in the team for his good form over the years, but like everyone else - Ashraful, Alok, Rajin, Sumon (in ODIs); he is not consistent. Hannan is also starting to find his feet as a One Day player.

I voted for Alok to replace someone else. May be Whatmore will change a few of the players and in that change, Alok will come in. For the moment, I see no reason for a change in the opening. After all, there are 5 ODI matches to be played, if rain does not intervein.
Old March 2, 2004, 07:54 PM

Default Final Decision

Ok, since this page has moved to second page, i believe no one will vote anymore. looking at the result, i'm kinda surprised because i'm not sure what the 'other' could be. the other option that got same vote is replacing hannan. that is a tough decision. who is better and who has the better form. i'll create a new pole just for this. lets see how that goes. please vote there too.