facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 18, 2012, 11:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Any Muslim can be a terrorist, no matter what country you are from. This is just a bad opinion against Muslims, growing among common Americans.

Old October 18, 2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Any Muslim can be a terrorist, no matter what country you are from. This is just a bad opinion against Muslims, growing among common Americans.
Do you have any source for that?
Old October 18, 2012, 12:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I think his source is the same as "Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim"
Old October 18, 2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Whatever is banned/hated worldwide seems to eventually find it's way to Bangladesh. Banned mosquito sprays, horse feed disguised as daal, Yaba, match fixing, extra judicial killing etc etc the list goes on and on. It's really depressing to wake up every morning and realize that everyday the bad news always outweigh the good news in our country. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if religious extremism also finds it's there much in the same way it started in Pakistan.
The root cause is poverty, lack of education, unfair distribution of wealth etc.

Unless we find a visionary leader for our country, I don't see any bright future ahead of us.

With "desh-netri er jatir konna" what else you expect??
Old October 18, 2012, 12:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Feel very sorry for the family . I hope the government get some good investigation into this to find out who those crooks were who brainwashed this dude. I am sure these douche-bags at this very moment are brainwashing another kid.
Old October 18, 2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
But but Nafis is a Muslim and from Bangladesh! How could you deny that??
Old October 18, 2012, 12:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
I think his source is the same as "Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim"
yep no source, just opinion of suspicion. Aint those obvious messages spreading there in US, with this incident!
Old October 18, 2012, 12:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
But but Nafis is a Muslim and from Bangladesh! How could you deny that??
I aint denying he being Bangladeshi, but this incident dont just color us but all Muslims in broad.
Old October 18, 2012, 12:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
The root cause is poverty, lack of education, unfair distribution of wealth etc.

Unless we find a visionary leader for our country, I don't see any bright future ahead of us.

With "desh-netri er jatir konna" what else you expect??
lol, It's strange how the whole country is basically ruled by two families who take it as their God given right to do whatever they pleased to it.
Old October 18, 2012, 12:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I aint denying he being Bangladeshi, but this incident dont just color us but all Muslims in broad.
Please stop making assumptions that have no real basis in reality and no facts to support them.
Old October 18, 2012, 12:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Please stop making assumptions that have no real basis in reality and no facts to support them.
Dude, This aint just assumption. Its a concern.
Old October 18, 2012, 03:27 PM
Cricket Sage

To be honest I see nothing wrong with how FBI conducted this case. Assuming he tried to establish contact with people to take on a suicide mission. Had FBI caught him right there, they would have came under scrunity from all over the place for not having enough proof. If whatever is being said in the media about what he said in a recorded video that means he went out there thinking he was taking out a real suicide mission. What if instead of an FBI contact he managed to find a nutcase like him and really did take out the attack. They kept him busy with dummy explosives and caught him in the act. Its not like they put the idea of a suicide mission in his head, he had this idea all along, at least thats what it seems like reading all the articles.
Old October 18, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Electrequiem has a point. Have we really arrived at an Orwellian state dominated by Domitionist led ultra conservative haterzoids that we cannot even voice out our skepticism towards CIA, FBI and the likes without them reading THESE VERY MESSAGES and making us suffer for it?

Do remember how corruption exists even in highest tiers but we cannot live in a fear either.

I will not put forward my opinion towards this issue but I despise the fact that we are currently in an age where CIA could just 'black suv' us with hired assassins lest we even hint that they are conspiring something.

And also let us not forget the despicable military p-p incident abusing Muslims in Gitmo. Truth of the matter is HATRED exists there are some extremely partial party who have the power to do, stage, fake and cover up anything.

Edit: This also brings up racial profiling which I am strictly against. But, why should we even discuss about racial profiling? Pardon the stretch but that's like debating cannibalism.
Old October 18, 2012, 09:59 PM
Cricket Sage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ound-bomb.html

I feel really bad for his family. Spent everything they could to send him here thinking he was going to make something out of himself. Chances are they will never see him again. The area he was living in is packed with Bangladeshi people. So far every neighbor's TV reporters have interviewed that I saw are bangali. This kid really screwed up our image in NYC. NYC is probably one of few places in USA if you tell random people in the street you are from Bangladesh they will know what you are talking about.
Old October 18, 2012, 10:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Don't take this "victim" thing seriously. Haven't yet met family member of one criminal who didn't think their child was victimized and was innocent. The idiot should pay for what he did/ was doing.. and LOL at asking BD government to bring him back. He is IN the US and caught as a potential bomber.. BD government can't do jackshit even if they wanted to (which I dont think they will be foolish enough to even try)
Mr. BL,
loling at father's statement shows what kind of person you are. how could you make fun of a father who just get into terrible mess? are you human? did you try to understand a father's heart? to a father a child is always innocent no matter what his child did. but you had to lol at that? don't know what kind of family you came from, but sure it shows ur true class. let the US justice system decide if he is guilty or not, don't make ur self a judge. I have 100% trust on US justice system.
Old October 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
# first number 1 corrupted country
Not tolerant about other religion. Attack against budhdhist and hindus
Maximum number of road accident and people killed in transportation accident
No ethical values: mixing poison/ formal de hyde in every food possible

We didnt even spare our only nobel winner to humiliate.

With the cost of Name change of airport and others, we could make 2 padma setu
Increase number of kidney failure and heart disease pt in recent years due to poisonous food consumption
Half of year bd closed down due to strike/ hartal
Kidnapped and disappearance and murder and no justice
Match fixing, umpire scandal
Final addition: terrorism
One and only country students used for political party's interest
Maximum number of drug user in last few years

Hard to find positive about bangladesh in recent days.

Only positive thing is shakib al hasan. Nothing else. Sad but true
Talk about taking things out of context and doom mongering!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

EDIT: oh and outright lies! The govt deserves to be torn apart for the bridge debacle, but no need to make up ****.

Padma bridge is going to cost $3bil - the biggest infrastructure project in our history. $1bil is equal to ~8200 crore taka, so 24000crore to build the bridge. According to your lie it cost how much money to change names at the airport???

Was this lie one of those Facebook messages that gets passed around by the retards or something some 'expert' offered up as fact.
Old October 18, 2012, 10:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Don't take this "victim" thing seriously. Haven't yet met family member of one criminal who didn't think their child was victimized and was innocent. The idiot should pay for what he did/ was doing.. and LOL at asking BD government to bring him back. He is IN the US and caught as a potential bomber.. BD government can't do jackshit even if they wanted to (which I dont think they will be foolish enough to even try)
Mr. BL,
loling at father's statement shows what kind of person you are. how could you make fun of a father how just get into terrible mess? are you human? did you try to understand a father's heart? to a father a child is always innocent no matter what his child did. but you had to lol at that? don't know what kind of family you came from, but sure it shows ur true class.
Old October 19, 2012, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ound-bomb.html

I feel really bad for his family. Spent everything they could to send him here thinking he was going to make something out of himself. Chances are they will never see him again. t.

You said it. Average upper-middle class family who thought their son would graduate after having a hard time in NSU. They must be devastated, and i am sure they never saw it coming.
What has happened is as you said, he will be alive but they know it will be hard for them to see him again. Only those who have gone through this knows what it means;
The pictures of the dad and mom are heartbreaking; and worse are the self-righteous comments mocking them

May Allah help them in this tough time.
Old October 19, 2012, 01:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
The pictures of the dad and mom are heartbreaking; and worse are the self-righteous comments mocking them

May Allah help them in this tough time.
Amen bro.
Old October 19, 2012, 03:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Very sad time for parents
Old October 19, 2012, 04:46 AM
Banned

Bombing suspect lived quietly in Jamaica

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/c...aica-1.4127327

Officials: Magazine influenced Nafis' plot

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/c...plot-1.4127325
Old October 19, 2012, 04:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

He might have had the seeds of extremism sowed in Bangladesh, but there is no doubt his final transformation took place in the US.

Internet videos and sermons from AQ leaders and preachers...
Old October 19, 2012, 05:32 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
# first number 1 corrupted country
Not tolerant about other religion. Attack against budhdhist and hindus
Maximum number of road accident and people killed in transportation accident
No ethical values: mixing poison/ formal de hyde in every food possible

We didnt even spare our only nobel winner to humiliate.

With the cost of Name change of airport and others, we could make 2 padma setu
Increase number of kidney failure and heart disease pt in recent years due to poisonous food consumption
Half of year bd closed down due to strike/ hartal
Kidnapped and disappearance and murder and no justice
Match fixing, umpire scandal
Final addition: terrorism
One and only country students used for political party's interest
Maximum number of drug user in last few years

Hard to find positive about bangladesh in recent days.

Only positive thing is shakib al hasan. Nothing else. Sad but true
How long have you been in Hawaii bhai?

1. If you believe that we are religious bigots just due to the Ramu calamity, then you're no better than those who say that all Muslims are terrorists just because of 9/11

2. If our only Nobel Laureate has committed acts that are against the law of Bangladesh, then his Scandinavian prize doesn't exempt him from punishment. Even someone who theoretically had immunity due to his position, President Ershad, had to do time after he was deposed due to his illegal actions during his tenure.

3. I have no idea where you got the figure for the cost of changing the name of the airport. Even if you disagree with the name change and/or love President Zia, I don't know how this is considered a failure of the State.

4. I've been back in Bangladesh for a while now and I can count on one hand how many days we've had hartals.

I don't know whether it is a kind of glum satisfaction people get from deriding their country or if they're just a tiny bit self-loathing, but it honestly is not all doom and gloom.
Old October 19, 2012, 02:40 PM
Banned

How does one carry around 1000 lbs of anything ?
Old October 19, 2012, 02:43 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matribhasha
How does one carry around 1000 lbs of anything ?
Using his/her neurons within the cerebrum. Or let's simply say within his "head".