facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 4, 2016, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default anyone else positive about our chances in the series against England?

I was nervous about our series against Afghanistan and I turned out to be right to be nervous. Not going to boast, but given the lack of form, rustiness, and fizz missing it was always going to be a tough series.

But about the England series, I think Bangladesh can be positive. They might have lost the 2nd ODI vs Afghanistan by small margin but showed character in the 1st till the end and comprehensively destroyed, yes destroyed, Afghanistan in the 3rd match.

Obviously, the team overcame rustiness, and vital players are finding form just before the match - Mushy and Imrul. In thes Afghan series, they had quality spinners unlike England side who will bolster their lineup with allrounders and Adil Rashid, who isn't bad but nothing compared to Nabi or Rashid Khan. The pitch will be sluggish and the ball won't come onto the bat easily. Woakes, PLunket, Willey are close to express if not express, in these condition they will find it difficult. MHR, Shakib will make their RHB struggle and for their lefties Mosaddek has to come to the party, and perhaps Riad too. Be assured that Moien and Stokes will play, and the former is good against spin.

However, no denying that England are the more professional unit, with better ranking but they will be expected to win against a lower ranked side. But we are playing in home in front of home crowd. Also, their recent performance against us don't inspire much confidence, its 3-1 in our favour. Not that these matter but the psychologial pressure will be there

Ofcourse, we need to up our game, especially fielding and finishing.

So I am positive about the series. Would love to win it, even if we manage a 1-2 I wouldn't be the most upset person in the world. So comeon Bangladesh