facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 27, 2009, 04:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I think main mistake Bangladesh made was rushing into Test arena. It was a huge leap for us to get ODI status after ICC Trophy 97 (we were still getting our rears kicked by Kenya), we should have been happy with that. We had a good crop of cricketers such as Opee, Biddut, Rokon, Bashar, Pilot, Rafique, and later joined by Ashraful, Alok, Tushar, Rajin, etc. What we should have done was giving those guys a good exposure to FC cricket by participating in FC leagues abroad and playing against visiting FC teams at home (like Lanka team had done on regular basis for ten years or so before getting Test status). And may be then we should have applied for Test status sometime around 2007. Our impatience have destroyed older generation of cricketers. I hope the younger generations will do better.
Even now we are making the mistake. What was the reasoning from cutting FC from 33 games to 22 games? For what is worth BCB should have expanded on the number of games. That could have been done easily. If club kormokorta ar so powerful then ...

totally abolish National league and give the clubs FC status and allow two teams from Chittagong, Khulna, Sylhet, Rajshahi, Barishal and Bogura. May be ask clubs to move facilities in lottery basis to outside of Dhaka and call their home.

BNS pitches cannot sustain the current load of cricket plus the intl matches. Other fields must be upgraded.

Old August 27, 2009, 04:05 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
IMO, we are far less capable team than Sri Lanka were in their early years.

Here is Lanka's record in their first ten years - http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...m;view=results

They lost only 19 out of 37 Tests they played in the period, drew 16, and won two Tests against full strength India and Pakistan teams!

Here is the record for Bangladesh - http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/...m;view=results

We lost 52 out of 61 matches we played so far. Out of 6 draws we have, I believe only one Test each against WI and Zim was earned, others were rain affected. Our three wins are against severely depleted WI and Zim teams.

Lankan players such as Roy Dias, Duleep Mendis, Sidath Wettimuny, etc had good exposure to FC cricket before Sri Lanka was granted Test status, so they did not look like fishes out of water (like our players do) when they started to play Test cricket.
I probably should have clarified what I meant. BD is now close to what SL was when they visited BD in the late '70's, before they got test status. Although we are probably more advanced than they were in ODI, at that time, I mean.

শুজা

Last edited by shuziburo; August 27, 2009 at 04:29 PM..
Old August 27, 2009, 04:33 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedc
off couse you are welcome. London er ticket katen...ami apnake heathrow theke pick up korbo.
আজকের টিকেট পেলাম না। টিকেট পেলে জানাবো। পিক আপ করতে ভুলবেন না যেন।