facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 27, 2014, 12:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Mufi 02,

Lol...it was thoroughly entertaining that I concede. But, we could do without this edge-of-the-seat, lungi over our heads and heart pounding stuff while chasing a paltry 100 runs on a 3rd day pitch.

Old October 27, 2014, 02:32 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
If you didn't follow the match live then you don't know what you missed out. Stats and post match report tells only half the story.
I was not trying to say that I am not enjoying our win! I will take any win

Even from the comms, its clear that it was an entertainer. I am not debating that. All I said was that we need to strengthen our batting. It has been going down consistently without any sign of improvement (trend for last 12 months or so). Something is clearly not working for us. Management team needs to figure out the why and take actions. Otherwise, our wins will be very few even in 2015.

I hope Tamim & Nasir returns to form. It would be sad to see either of them go down the "ashrafulesque" fashion; as consistent ducker.

I haven't replaced my Nasir avatar
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old October 27, 2014, 04:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Mufi 02,

Lol...it was thoroughly entertaining that I concede. But, we could do without this edge-of-the-seat, lungi over our heads and heart pounding stuff while chasing a paltry 100 runs on a 3rd day pitch.
apnar kothar mullo ase. tobey ajke ektu lafaiya ney kalke thika abar criticis, shuru korbo. onekdin por jitsi toh tai mon ta onek furfure

english e ekta kotha ase nah "end justifies the means" or something like that. jitai boro kotha, kemne jitlam sheita pore analysis korbo.
Old October 28, 2014, 07:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

^^

"All well that ends well", indeed. You are right.

If all the obaadh prano ullashito lafalafis out of the system and the lungis where they should be in this morning the day after - shall we proceed with a healthy round of criticism then? Just kidding
Old October 28, 2014, 11:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I know I'm late but well done by our guys. Yes it wasn't pretty but a win is a win in the end. Any Test victory is huge for us because we had just 4 wins before this match! I also have respect for Zimbabwe. They're a good team and won a Test against Pakistan and gave SA a lot of trouble. So this was a good win by our boys. Credit to Taijul and Shakib mostly since they took 16 of the 20 wickets which ended being the difference.

The batting does need to improve. Hope our batsmen work hard for the next few days.
Old October 29, 2014, 08:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Didn't get to follow this match other than watching the highlights. Test match is all about batting and looks like we are going from bad to worse. With this type of batting display, we have tough days ahead.

For real team motivation we need matches where we dominate with batting. We shouldn't give excuse of "Zim also struggled..."; we are the host and should be very familiar with the conditions. Getting ducks in a row is not acceptable.

Reading the comms, it seems all we know is how to hit few 4s or just block (and of course get out). No real example of strike rotation with singles. If we can't bat comfortably with singles in our home ground, then that's a real bad state of our batting.

This win doesn't feel like a win. We are at such a bad state, that unfortunately, we will have to celebrate this one by jumping up and down
Beggars can't be choosers.
oi miya!! Agey kow flat diba naki? Dhanmondi'tey chai eibar. PM apney shuntasen? Taijul'er jonno duita flat. WC ashtasey. agey agey ditey hobey.
Old October 29, 2014, 08:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

Cricket is about entertainment and this game entertained me to the highest level thoroughly. Rest of you go can just take the snootiness somewhere else....
You need your head checked or it must be the heart. May'ta kon deshi?

Eita kono "entertaining" hoilo? haf chire bacchi kono motey. Tension tablet emon khawaisey ie bodmash gula.
Old October 29, 2014, 09:06 AM
Cricket Guru

^^You guys are getting old, can't handle all those thrills
Old November 7, 2014, 05:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Let us celebrate!

Old November 7, 2014, 06:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

We should always celebrate a win regardless of the opponent. Although the intensity should be proportinate to the team we are playing against.

However as of late, the BD team hasnt given us much to cheer about, so I am happy for the win Allhamdulillah .
Old November 7, 2014, 06:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Congrats Bangladesh! And hats off to the legend Shakib and also Mominul for those tremendous records.
Time to change the thread title :P
Old November 7, 2014, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
We should always celebrate a win regardless of the opponent. Although the intensity should be proportinate to the team we are playing against.

However as of late, the BD team hasnt given us much to cheer about, so I am happy for the win Allhamdulillah .
Ditto

When it comes to tests, a win is a win.
Old November 7, 2014, 09:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Congrats to Bangladesh for our 6th Test win. It was not an easy task but we pulled it out in the end. Credit especially goes to Shakib. The guy is just a true winner. Credit also goes to Tamim, Mahmudullah, Mominul and Taijul for their performances as well. Without their contributions, it wouldn't have been possible to come out on top here.

Most importantly we will no longer be the lowest ranked Test nation. Has this ever happened before to us? So we got a big task out of the way. That said, we need to win or draw the next match and not let our guard down. This is a perfect opportunity to get our ranking points up before we play the G8 teams next year. So we need to take advantage.
Old November 7, 2014, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

^ Bhai - ranking e to dekhi ekhono amra 10? http://www.icc-cricket.com/team-rankings/test
Old November 7, 2014, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
^ Bhai - ranking e to dekhi ekhono amra 10? http://www.icc-cricket.com/team-rankings/test
It will change after the series. Unlike ODIs where they update it after every game, Tests are done after the series is finished.

Even if Zimbabwe win the last Test, we will still be ranked above them. There is a tool on the website that calculates ranking points. You should check it out bhai
Old November 7, 2014, 07:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Zimbabwe is ordinary.
Old November 8, 2014, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

there are only one celebration square - the rest are T and Y junction and Vua. Check the opening date.