facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 31, 2016, 08:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Tapash in Sylhet

Ashraful in Zia airport

Shakib and Tamim in Radison hotel

Rakibul in one saloon (before his debut)

Also an under 19 player recently, Pinak in Dhanmondi Star Kabab hotel.

Could not talk but saw Afridi and Mushfiq.

Old October 31, 2016, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anik SH
Tapash in Sylhet

Ashraful in Zia airport

Shakib and Tamim in Radison hotel

Rakibul in one saloon (before his debut)

Also an under 19 player recently, Pinak in Dhanmondi Star Kabab hotel.

Could not talk but saw Afridi and Mushfiq.
that is a lot of ppl you bumped into just to be mere coincidences. Speically that you bumped into these ppl in bangladesh... I can understand seeing them when they are touring a different country ..
Old October 31, 2016, 09:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Yeah I am lucky. I know many would not believe me but Rakibul cut his hair sitting just beside me. (Mirpur 12)

However one thing..I saw Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq and Afridi all in one day because of their stay in Radisson hotel in the time of Asia cup t20 and me going there for dinner.
Shakib and Tamim was joyful, Mushy was in 'captain serious' mood. Could not take photo for security.

So that's why my list was heavy coz in one fateful day I went to Radisson..

I met Pinak just recently just outside of star hotel, he looked slimmer than before. He was in conversation with someone, I suddenly said him hello, are you Pinak Ghosh..and added I liked his fan page. He said oh tai..thanks vaia.

My most favorite incident took place in Zia airport 2012..there was our then out of the team and out of the limelight mr.undipendable Ash and I was mumbling all day long "I won't take picture with Ashraful, he ain't good as Shakib and Tamim'. And then just after the departure of my sister i ran and had a good convo and took a pic

Last edited by Anik SH; October 31, 2016 at 10:07 AM..
Old October 31, 2016, 09:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Refer to Introduce Yourself thread in FC section to see my list..
Old October 31, 2016, 09:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Aminul Islam Bulbul ke ami kokhono khoma korbo na. My brother and I walked up to him to get his autograph out in the city one day and asked him to make sure we beat Kenya and make it to the finals in the upcoming ODI tri-series.

"Hae Kenya kono bepar na, howe jabe". Hoise? Hoy nai. Zimbabwe/Kenya final khello, aar amader playerra stadium er baire kharay danguli practice korlo.
Omg!! Lol did he really say that?

On topic

Met all the players including Dav Whatmore who came on Eng tour in 2005. During one of the tour games against Derbyshire we could sit right next to all the players as there weren't too many people at the ground and after the match we went to the dressing room and took pictures with all the players thanks to the senior reporter of ATN Bangla, who probably had connections with all the players I guess. All the players looked very friendly except Mashrafe who looked bit grumpy and so I had thought of not taking his picture but my brother sent me back by saying he would mind.

In 2008 met some of the players again during Bds A tour of Eng. we went to watch the match against Lancashire. It was very interesting as we could watch the match from literally couple inches from the rope and we were right behind of Tamim who was fielding at long off most of the time. We could talk to tamim while he was fielding as he was so close. Tamim was happy to answer some of our questions whenever he could. One of Q asked by my friend was about Dollar Mahmud name and Tamim replied he doesn't know why he was named Dollar. As the match went on and the game was slipping off our hands Tamim got annoyed by some of the questions and his reply was something like this" are Bhai amader khelte diben" or something like that. We lost the game just like every other games that I have been to including tour games, game against the Irish in t20 WC.. but for us it was all about meeting our heroes.....