facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 18, 2004, 11:09 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default ban hannan: for how long

please choose the appropiate one.

Old October 19, 2004, 12:27 AM
BC Editorial Team

Give him time. He is improving.

He was out off the first ball of the match in the last two tests. He faced three balls this time :P
Old October 19, 2004, 01:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Second innings will determine his test career for the next 2 years...no pressure mate
Old October 19, 2004, 01:41 AM
Test Cricketer

this is a stupit poll thats why i didnt even vote. hannan sharkar performed very well in australia. he is under alot of presure. who will replace hannan ha? nafis? well he scored 1 run. you ppl have to understand that our batsman arent very good. so them scoreing 0 comon man we should be getting use to it by now. i know i did.
Old October 19, 2004, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

lol..."backstreet of his house with kids of 7-10..." i remember that's what Shanto did once he was kicked out od the team...

well it doesnt matter who's playing - they'll fail anyways.
Old October 19, 2004, 03:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by shaoun
this is a stupit poll thats why i didnt even vote. hannan sharkar performed very well in australia. he is under alot of presure. who will replace hannan ha? nafis? well he scored 1 run. you ppl have to understand that our batsman arent very good. so them scoreing 0 comon man we should be getting use to it by now. i know i did.
question is how long u wanna keep praising someone for far away past. accept the fact: that two innings by hannan was accident. just like a few 80s by alok. u should be able to see the real face of them by now, by their sequential performance. bangladesh team will go no where until we go past this mentality of digging up dust filled old records. and only look and the present and near future.
Old October 19, 2004, 03:25 AM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

All i wud like to ask is do u know of someone who is capable of replacing hannan in the long run? While criticizing we always forget that there are no decent batsman to fill the position of the current squad players... We have only a handful of 1st tier players and even from that list we have players who are suffering from injuries... Bashar's out and we dont have a decent batsman to fill his spot... Nafees comes in scores abysmal scores... Faisal failed to impress... Aftab failed to impress...

The point is BANNING current squad players isnt a luxury that Bangladesh has... they never did... teams like Aussies, india and such will fill empty spots with good players before the selectors can even say "vacancy".

I have nothing against polls in general and no disrespect to the one who started it but when i see polls of these sorts it just puts me off... makes me wonder how good a critique we actually are...

Amader kisui nai re bhai... ja ase tau jodi bondho korte chan taile kemne hobe?
Old October 19, 2004, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree this is a silly poll. But it is quite funny as Agent is obviously annoyed. He wont play for a while after this test. But he will make it back in time.
Old October 19, 2004, 06:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I would wait for the his next innings before this much serious bans to impose. Don't forget folks this is the same Hannan who played well in Australia. It might just be his bad luck, should get a brake for a while if at least 60-70 doesn't come off from his bat in the 2nd innings.
Old October 19, 2004, 08:44 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

hmmm... a Linch-Mob.. is it??
Old October 19, 2004, 03:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

banning is obvously going too far. thats why i chose not to vote on this poll.
dropping him would suffice. if and only if he does well in domestic league, we can pick him again.

we need to keep in mind that there ir really no adequate replacement for him at the moment.
Old October 19, 2004, 04:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

i don think the second innings will be anything diferent. anyways, lets just wait and see
Old October 19, 2004, 04:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
please choose the appropiate one.
I think BCB should banned 3 selectors for 1 year for their wrong choise(Hannan)That time we had Shahriar.
Old October 19, 2004, 04:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

i think we have more than 10e1000000000 (scientific notation)replacement of hannan at this moment. take any spectator of bns, put him on dress and send him in with a bat. he'll be able to hunt a duck. who knows probably he/she will be able to score a run or two. why do we specially need hannah to hunt that duck?

in a different note:

* ope with all his undecipline, is better than hannan.
* shahrier hossain can be one too even though he's retired.
* nafis can open instead of him (for the 2nd innins this is a good idea. send hannan after tareq)
* rana with his terrible footwork and aweful technique regularly scores more run than so called technically solid hannan. rana did good as opener at odi, let him do that at test as well.
* we can try to make shift some others like faisal, rokon or the likes.
* take another opener from the u19 team.

do something, just kick out hannan. i can garantee this, he's gonna score another duck at the send innings if second as opener.

Edited on, October 19, 2004, 9:18 PM GMT, by Tokai.
Old October 19, 2004, 04:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Thats sounds right, " he should be allowed to play, only at the back street of his house with children aging 7-10."
Old October 19, 2004, 05:35 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Well, since this thread was posted to express our frustration, so here goes - Hannan-k niye aar kotodin hamba hamba kora jai?

I know that he's in my list of favorite players, but like Sujon in test match cricket, I have to admit that I'm slowly going against the idea of putting him into the squad without any sort of domestic cricket after getting dropped from the team.
Old October 19, 2004, 05:41 PM
Cricket Legend

I know man that you are so anti hannan. Me too, at times, but still woulld consider him for the fantasy team.

Edited on, October 19, 2004, 11:57 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old October 19, 2004, 07:34 PM

i'm surprised to see that so many people has taken it seriously. it was out of frustration, an utter frustration. no, bringing in his family was not my idea. in the match thread, i posted something about banning him, and someone else replying about banning his son/daughter and all. notice the poll choices, i did not include one like "he should be given more chance". and that should decribe the reasoning of this silly poll. it was not to make a decision about hannan, but to express my anger.

but still think of it, u've to be the dumest person on earth to try to play like that on the 3rd ball after such a blunderous performance in WI. anyone else would wait 2/3 overs, look, see, feel and then play. he went right for it.

Edited on, October 20, 2004, 12:36 AM GMT, by AgentSmith.
Old October 20, 2004, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah you got a lot of people involved in this poll Agent Smith. You should be proud even if it was a joke poll. Well done.
Old October 20, 2004, 04:51 AM

Quote:
but still think of it, u've to be the dumest person on earth to try to play like that on the 3rd ball after such a blunderous performance in WI. anyone else would wait 2/3 overs, look, see, feel and then play. he went right for it.
You said everything he needs.
Old October 21, 2004, 08:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

What about making the verdict of this poll (i.e., playing in the back street of his house with children aging 7-10) obligatory for him? That is he must play 5 days a week with the backstreet kids, otherwise punishment.
Old October 21, 2004, 11:55 AM

i really think that is the best thing we can do with him now. just think of it, that way, he'll be a GREAT contributor toward the future generation of our cricket. let me explain how.

if u have seen "sea biscuit", u know that, there are certain horses that are used to boost the confidence of other horse.
we can use hannan like that. just imagine this, when kids of 7-10 years old will regularly be able to out a formar national batsman below 10 runs, how hight their confidence leve will be!
Old October 21, 2004, 12:36 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Quote:
we can use hannan like that. just imagine this, when kids of 7-10 years old will regularly be able to out a formar national batsman below 10 runs, how hight their confidence leve will be!
cracking up... god i am cracking up... LOL
Old October 21, 2004, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
when kids of 7-10 years old will regularly be able to out a formar national batsman below 10 runs, how high their confidence level will be!
Nice one ...
Old October 21, 2004, 03:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

kick out the selectors for selecting Hannan.

I can't blame him. He is now out of form. And probably he needs some correction in his basics.

I guess we had better option for the first test. That was Biddut.

The selectors should (may be must) choose the appropriate players.
Small mistakes can be ignored. But this type of mistake in selection can't be.