facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 28, 2005, 11:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi
Default NCL and player distribution

To make the NCL more competitive, should we allow the divison to choose their own players regardless of where they are coming from. From past experiences, Dhaka and Chittagong have much more quality players than Barisal or Khulna and thus these teams struggle against teams like Dhaka. Therefore, couple of suggestions

1) Just like Dhaka league, the divison should have the independence of signing any players. There might be a pool system so that there is a even distribution of quality players.

2) In the middle of the season, the team will have the power to trade a player if necessary. It will make the league more interesting.

3) This way it will allow the players to take this league seriously as they will start to make lot more money from the league. They will have the option to choose their own team and ask for a reasonable price. Right now the money they get from NCL is ridiculous.

4) Each divison can have their own sponsors to pay for their expenses. For example, Beximco can sponsor Dhaka divison and thus the name will be Beximco Dhaka Divison.

Any comments??

Edited on, October 28, 2005, 4:23 PM GMT, by sadi.

Old October 28, 2005, 11:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

good ideas

but i think like forgein player they should have a quota for players who r not from the district and the they should allow for foreign plyrs to ply it (at least 1/2). this will boost start the level of the compition...
Old October 28, 2005, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

yeah definately foreign players will make it more interesting. However, it shouldnt be more than one per game as the main idea of NCL is to let our own players play longer version of the game. I wish one of the channel could telecast or atleast show highlights of those matches as it would interest more people to follow the game.
Old October 28, 2005, 12:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

they should have a draft...

6 divisions will each have 1 pick per round. a lottery to decide the draft order this year...then in following seasons, they can draft in reverse order of performance (worst team gets first pick, defending champs get last pick).

i say have a 15-20 round draft. any remaining players can sign with any division as free agents.
Old October 28, 2005, 12:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

I support the idea of having a draft. It works well for NBA and NFL in USA.
Old October 28, 2005, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Not a bad idea at all. However, what if the player don't have to go there or ask for more money?? I thought drafts only work with new players.
Old October 28, 2005, 01:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

in order to have a draft, there has to be college leagues to gather new talents,and some rules like players have to go to colleges if they want to be eligible.draft is the pipeline to bring new players in the big leagues.you cant put experienced players in the draft.if the last team gets the chance to pick first,then ash or habibul will have to play in barisal for 100 bucks a day .
Old October 28, 2005, 01:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't understand why money would be an issue for players on the national pool. They get salary from BCB and should not be paid for playing in the NCL. For other players, BCB can fix a salary range based on the round of pick (Just like A+, A, etc for the pool cricketers).
Old October 28, 2005, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by rudro
I don't understand why money would be an issue for players on the national pool. They get salary from BCB and should not be paid for playing in the NCL. For other players, BCB can fix a salary range based on the round of pick (Just like A+, A, etc for the pool cricketers).
The main problem is the regular players who are not in contract with board. As they are available whole year, they are the one who mainly plays NCL. Most of the time, national players are busy with camp or touring outside. Therefore, the divisions has to step up and offer regular players competitive salary as I don't think board can afford to have everyone on contract. Thats why the divisions need sponsors who can help them out financially.
Old October 28, 2005, 02:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

have a fantasy draft every year is what meant. not just new players altho they will be there too.

example of first couple of rounds in random order:

round 1

sylhet- bashar
dhaka - ashraful
rajshahi - rafique
CTG - mashrafee
barisal - enamul
khulna - JO

round 2

sylhet - tapash
dhaka - aftab
rajshahi - abir
CTG - nafees iqbal
barisal - rajin
khula - rajib

now you can randomize the draft order every year and have different teams in different locales.

or this could be the start of a pro league in bangladesh if the teams keep their players permenently unless they trade them or drop them from the squad. if dropped the player is free to sign with any team that he wants to.

if you have fixed rosters year to year, then only new players will be drafted in which case 3 or 4 rounds will suffice.

if the teams are built from scratch every year, then 15-20 rounds depending on what size roster a team wants for the FC cricket season.
Old October 28, 2005, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

We should follow mlb as I think its a very good system. Every division can choose their own players and make a deal or contract for certain number of years. After that, the player enters into the free agency and can choose a different team. New players come through draft and worst team will get the first pick.
Old October 29, 2005, 04:34 AM
Club Cricketer

What is the point?
We may as well dump the NCL and extend the Dhaka League.
Something that needs to develop in BD is passion for the first class game. It should be an honour for players, who have worked so hard to play for their division.
Wouldnt it be great to see he little guys Khulna defeat the giants from Dhaka?
I think it would be great!
Old October 31, 2005, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Well the way it works in most of the country is that fans carry the divison not the players. So we should have fans for each divison who is going to support their team and each divison will try to get better every season. If we keep it the way it is now, most likely Barisal will never be competitive and their fans won't care for the team.
Old October 31, 2005, 01:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Winning solves everything. I don't think it takes much to beat Dhaka or Chiitagong. All they need is to gather 14 professionals and a coach. I know it is easier said than done. But I think a good coach can change the minnow concept. The Board in Barisal or Khulna if they are serious enough they can turn things arond with local boys. A structure in a local level, hard nose practice and good coaching all it needs to beat these over-rated Dhaka-Chittagong talent.

Edited on, October 31, 2005, 6:59 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.