facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2003, 03:20 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Off topic - Shahid

Shahid .. that was meant for anyone who spoke about uniting BD with any other nation. Also the XXXXXX, it should have been handed to Ehsan - I missed that one.

Now, can we focus on the world cup and then on how to beat SA and INdia at home by making BD friendly wickets ?

Old March 13, 2003, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

One guy wants BD, India and Pak to unite. Another wants to leave the Pakis out of it and wants BD to unite with India. I don't understand what either are saying? In cricketing terms, do they want us to give up having seperate teams and all make up one team? And in political terms, its even more unthinkable. India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are three seperate sovereign nations, and each have fought long and hard to be that way. I just don't understand this we should unite business. We can have friendly relations with our neighbours, but thats as far as 'unity' will go. And also, what is this sub-continentals v rest of the world attitude? I'd rather unite with Holland, who give us millions of dollars every year than with India, who shoot at our farmers across the border everytime a cow ventures near their territory. You guys need to stop all this unity rubbish and get yourselves some national pride. If you say you love Bangladesh, then forget about India and Pakistan, we need to stand on our own feet.
Old March 13, 2003, 05:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Sham

I completely agree. We Bangladeshis are a sovereign nation and "uniting" with any country is out of the question.
Specially if that country is the only one whose military have killed Bangladeeshi civilians in the past few years.

Bangladesh first!
Old March 13, 2003, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Ey na Bangladasher gaan gaiteh reeeeh
Doyal duuukhe amar pohraaaaan
kandereeeeeh...

kintu tai boleh bharot-pakistaner kaseh surrender korum...naaa reh bhai, naaa!

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by Shubho]
Old March 13, 2003, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

I have a question for the "patriots":

What if the U.S. invaded Bangladesh, and made it its 51st state?

...HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING!
Old March 13, 2003, 09:18 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default 51st state

Puerto Rico and Hawaii aren't doing too bad. All of Bangladesh will just move to the US, FREE VISA, r ki lagey ? khek khek khek. Also, if you are one of the states, no ones gonna bomb us just cause they wanted to and our borders will forever be guarded from our neighbors and US can have a safer place then South Korea to station their troops and keep a close eye on everyone.

kothai america r kothai bharat. eta shotti, ora amader deshke 51st banale, amader moulovider jalai kichui korte paarbena, khek. Tokai ra kothai kothai it paatkel marbe r troop ekta rastaai naamle taar aashe paashe 1000 jaan joro hobey just to see eta ki cheez.

[Edited on 14-3-2003 by tehsin]
Old March 13, 2003, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Hehe...but you wouldn't mind if that happens, would you? Better to be invaded by dholas than the ugly malus, eh? [sarcasticon]
Old March 14, 2003, 12:36 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Problems

Didn't even think of the dhola issue.
Old March 14, 2003, 01:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I don't wanna debate on this topic anymore as there is no use of talking abt it....u guys r just misjudging me...I never talk abt selling my country & stuff...All I wanted ...ok just forget it...

Well...I'm no experienced man unlike tehsin bhai...I just got 18... but Mark my words...slowly slowly the situatuion of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh will change and that wil changen then thinking of the people of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh that will make them to reconsider to reunite.

Look at us.... here in toronto.... Along with my friends we have named a group called 'desi' where we have the ppl of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh and we are very happy to be together....which made us more confident and strong here in the White dominant Canada.
Old March 14, 2003, 02:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Sham,

The people who are saying that BD should unite with others are only 18 year-olds. I now do not want BD and India to unite. I just want that there should be peace between the Asian Contries like BD, India and Pak and that these 3 countries shouldn't face any political tensions from any other.
Old March 14, 2003, 02:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am sure that we will win the tri-series as-

India have not looked comfortable against minnows.

SA are very low on confidence

BD is playing at home. If Kenya can use home advantage, why not BD ?
Old March 14, 2003, 11:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default UNDERSTANDING IS CONSTRUCTIVE

And misunderstanding is destructive.

Please read/ listen carefully, then make a conclusion. You also need to read BETWEEN THE LINES. If unsure, ask a few questions to confirm understanding. Some people have been really misunderstood. I will try to clarify.

No one in this board meant India, Pakistan and Bangladesh to unite and become one country. I am pretty sure everyone here loves Bangladesh and that has been the main reason to discover banglacricket.com.

We are proud to be Bangladeshi citizens and we would like to stay that way. The word UNITY is supposed to mean "friendship". It is supposed to mean "understanding" as neighbours. It is supposed to mean "respect for each other and fairness." Probably an end to the long and destructive war that seems to be never-ending. Or maybe a common currency such as EC? More trade? No VISA....

We used to be one country. Even now, although I introduce myself as a Bangladeshi, people of the outside world see me as an Indian. Due to cultural background, due to style and due to what they call --- " The guy with an Indian accent". It's not Indian accent, trust me, it is a DESHI accent, but they find an Indian touch there. Can't argue with them...

Personally, I have found Bangladeshi, Pakistani and Indians are the same people. In terms of quality and in terms of style. They way we think, the way we view the way we behave. ALL THE SAME. We have been this way, we are still this way, we are also going this way. But some clever people have created some disputes, wars, tension and made their money.

MARAMARI, KATAKATI, FATAFATI, JHOGRAJHATI --- forget these. Please try to bring some peace in the region.

Oh yeah. AAR KOTODIN ?

ONEK DIN TO HOYE GELO. MEGHE MEGHE BELA HOYE GELO. TOBU JE SHOMOSHA, SHEY SHOMOSHAII THEKEY GELO.

TO PELAM KI ?

[Edited on 15-3-2003 by DOORBIN]
Old March 14, 2003, 11:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Great Analysis Doorbin bhai..... thats kinda what I meant...

Even here we have show at our school for da Asian heritage month where we Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are working together...

In fact I'm part of da show.... Me and an Inidan and a Pakistani guy are working on a song from DUS ..... basically we gonna sing and dance..we will be having our own musician who.....We have modified da song to fit all our countries...

The song is modified to .....
Suno gaur se duniya walo... buri nazar na humpe dalo...chahe jitna zor lagalo....sabse aage honge hum desi..hum desi...
The original song says hindustani instead hum desi...

[Edited on 15-3-2003 by ehsan]
Old March 15, 2003, 02:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

see this, i am a BDi and an indian as well. I have lived in india for 7 years now and no one thinks that i am a BDi out here in India. I just want peace between BDi and India, that's it.

Don't Forget -
SOUTH ASIANS ARE THE BEST !
Old March 15, 2003, 02:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well said Shahid "SOUTH ASIANS ARE THE BEST !"

[Edited on 15-3-2003 by ehsan]