facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2011, 06:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Looks like we kept our part of the deal. Even at 8 down for 170 odd runs every run, even off edges, is being cheered wildly. Unfortunately the team has reneged on their promise to give their best on the field.

Last edited by Equinox; February 25, 2011 at 06:50 AM..

Old February 25, 2011, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Coach do you still want us to support you after this abysmal performance win or loss?
Old February 25, 2011, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Coach do you still want us to support you after this abysmal performance win or loss?
What the hell? I STILL support them... The coaches don't have to tell me ...
Old February 25, 2011, 09:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Problem is, boss, we're not as spirited as you are!
Old February 25, 2011, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Dont misunderstood me. I am fan since ICC era. . M Clarke has been booed; Ponting is booed by Aus fans. Fans have every right to boo their team. But this kind of request made me think that coaches thought we are fools or baby so I am just giving them the reminder that they have to do their job as it seems that they have not done their job
Old February 25, 2011, 10:44 AM
Cricket Sage

^ Than how did we manage to win today?
Old February 25, 2011, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
well?
Old February 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

The point is you don't have to worry about our support. No other team which performs like Bangladesh enjoys the same support from their fans. And this was shown today when the team was down and out but the fans kept on cheering. I can surely say we have the best home crowd in the world. But please make sure that the players are worthy of this support first.
Old February 25, 2011, 12:11 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
To all supporters go HERE > http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...php?groupid=39
Old February 25, 2011, 02:02 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

There were a few boos for Ash after his batting, just like there were wild celebrations when he was going into bat. Even during the boos, others yelled out - Stop booing, he still has a match to play. We don't want him to lose his focus.

At 170 for 8, people were cheering on the players. Every run, every boundary, heck, every dot ball was cheered.

During the India game, there wasn't much going on during around the grand stand. During the BD batting, Yusuf was fielding closer to the stand. There were some kids who wanted to get smart with him. I put a stop to that.
Old February 25, 2011, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin

During the India game, there wasn't much going on during around the grand stand. During the BD batting, Yusuf was fielding closer to the stand. There were some kids who wanted to get smart with him. I put a stop to that.
Why would you do a silly thing like that
Old February 25, 2011, 03:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

If you ask me, its not Tamim nor Shafiul that should get the MOM. The award should go to the crowd. Never seen such supporting and sporting crowd in my life. When BD scored 205, we fans were cheering so much that Irish got scared.

We fans can help our team to chase 370 and also to restrict opponent within 200 runs.
Old February 25, 2011, 07:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

This song really kept me going strong during the break after 1st innings...what kept u guys motivated?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldY4I...yer_detailpage
Old February 27, 2011, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Coach, we are trying to keep our promise. Look at there http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=36081

We tried in every way to cheer our cricketers. Hope whoever go to the ground in next matches they will be cheering, roaring for our tigers.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 27, 2011, 04:55 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

I just wanted to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all BD fans for the support so far in the world cup. we might not win the world cup but we can win the best fans award at the world cup.

You guys just shouted and cheered every run, every wicket we took and every stop we made. THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED.

We have a definite advantage when we play in front of our own fans. Keep cheering for us what ever happens...

We need you all against the West Indies - we want to make them feel miles away from home and uncomfortable. Your unreserved support lifted everyone.. please, please keep it going!
Old February 27, 2011, 05:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I just wanted to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all BD fans for the support so far in the world cup. we might not win the world cup but we can win the best fans award at the world cup.

You guys just shouted and cheered every run, every wicket we took and every stop we made. THIS IS WHAT WE WANTED.

We have a definite advantage when we play in front of our own fans. Keep cheering for us what ever happens...

We need you all against the West Indies - we want to make them feel miles away from home and uncomfortable. Your unreserved support lifted everyone.. please, please keep it going!
Just download this audio of the roar from here and listen to this! It was 25th at the SBNS. This was the way we shouted for the tigers!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 27, 2011, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:

Thanks for making Ashraful a better bowler.
Old March 5, 2011, 03:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Coach seriously, I am apologizing for all these negetive manded fans' dilussional and savage behaviour! Those fans who stoned the West Indies bus did act like savages and I am extremely and extremely embarrassed about their action. This is the lowest moment of my Bangladeshi life and I am 40! And coach I will say this, you did the right thing by exposing the pictures, as I would have done the same as I am not here to hide and cover the shameless, disgusting savagery by my own self, today I am truly disgusted!

I am very sorry coach Pont, and boy am I sorry to the West Indies team and Chris Gayle!
Old March 5, 2011, 03:49 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Thanks for making Ashraful a better bowler.
I REALLY wish I could claim that...
Old March 5, 2011, 04:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
But the difference is that the Barmy Army does not boo and jeer their OWN players, only the opposition players. And this is important. NO FANS should ever boo or jeer their own players. The fans are a PART OF THE TEAM. Fans have a big role to play at the World Cup by being the extra player in the team.

I am certain that all fans expect the players and coaches to support each other. I am sure the fans expect the players and coaches to try their best. I am sure all fans expect when things go wrong, for the players and coaches to get behind each other.

Ian in order to gain respect from the fans, you also have to give that respect to them!
Here in England, we are passionate and supportive of English cricket because we KNOW that the team respects and appriciates our affort just as equally.However it saddens me to say that the same cant be said about Bangladesh cricket.
In an interview with the BBC after yesterday's defeat to WI, upon being asked about the fans reaction, Shakib said something along the lines of "you can always expect that sort of stuff in Bangladesh..when we play good they support you and and when we dont they boo us". Made Bangladesh fans sound pretty pathetic if you ask me.
Sir I am a British born bangladeshi and aswell as being a proud Brit, I love Bangladesh just as much any Bangladeshi citizen. And Im not gonna lie that comment made my blood boil so one can only imagine how it feels to a die hard Bangladeshi based cricket fan when your own team captain cant stick up for you (especially in front of source such as the BBC).
Dont think Straussy will ever say "ohh well you know how it is the Barmy army just support you when your playing well and dont when you not play well" after being bowled out for 58 in a high profile match. Or an even better example, at the football Worldcup last year you would remember how a certain Mr Rooney reacted to fans boos after the game against Algeria!! Well its sort of similar to that really.. Ofcourse you being a ManU fan, dont know what you thought of it but to the rest of us it was a SLAP IN THE FACE.
Speaking of the English cricket team, I dont think they'd ever dare to come out in the field all smiles, joking and fooling around when you've just been bowled out for 58 in front if the home crowd..just a thought...
Anyways I would like to conclude this mini rant saying that this isnt a dig at Shakib or the team. I've always supported my tigers and will be doing so for as long as I live. But while you and Julien are there..maybe you should teach him a thing a two about how to confront the media, Im sure with your experience it'll do him a whole lot of good.
Old March 10, 2011, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This is not an issue for the media or press to cover. It is an issue for fans in the ground to be told by fellow fans that abuse of any sort is not acceptable. It really does affect the home team when this happens.

We know it's only a few fans so the rest around them should shut them up!!!

Silence is acceptance and if no one says anything to them then things do not get changed.

It seems ironic we are speaking about this on a thread that started with me asking for unity from the fans. Let's hear the proof in the matches at Mirpur and Chittagong then if this is just a few people. let's hear the TIGER ROAR for the team regardless.

Just returned from Bangladesh where I saw the Ireland and WI games at Mirpur. It's interesting that, at least in this thread, there's not been much discussion of fans booing at the WI game. Everything about that day was abysmal: the Bangladesh team's performance was a disgrace; the fans booed the team extensively; and of course the incidents after the match that have been reported.

Pretty much most fans booed and jeered by the time the Bangladesh innings wrapped up, and cheered for every WI run made such was the mood in the stadium. I didn't boo, and those around me didn't as well. Granted Bangladeshi fans and media hype our chances way more than they should. But given the way the Bangladesh team played that day, I think it was well within the fans' rights to vent their frustration. You don't come out and score 58 runs and expect people to cheer for that kind of nonsense. Or just keep silent.

England offer a new day and renewed hope. I just wish the team didn't have a ridiculously long 7 days to wallow in their misery since the WI match. Hopefully the real Bangladesh team shows up today.
Old March 10, 2011, 10:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Respect is earned not given. Be it ex-players, current players, Admin, coaches, leaders, politicians, teachers, elders etc.
Old March 11, 2011, 10:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

And today the team and the team management got respect.