facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 6, 2014, 01:04 AM

tracks in india give far more advantages to spinners than they do in BD.
- how do you come to this conclusion? I have no doubt Shakib did well in SA and I repeated that he was a real good bowler that time. Unfortunately, that's also 5+ years back.

Old April 6, 2014, 09:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
tracks in india give far more advantages to spinners than they do in BD.
- how do you come to this conclusion? I have no doubt Shakib did well in SA and I repeated that he was a real good bowler that time. Unfortunately, that's also 5+ years back.
because they assist spinners more, there are more spin friendly tracks and minefields than in BD where a lot of the time pitches are flat and don't give a lot of turn, not as much as in india.
Old April 7, 2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
because they assist spinners more, there are more spin friendly tracks and minefields than in BD where a lot of the time pitches are flat and don't give a lot of turn, not as much as in india.
Is there any way to measure it or it's just your claim? I see in either of these country most of the wickets are taken by spinners and weather is pretty similar in both places. To make the ball turn, one needs to have a strong batting line up and force the match to 4th/5th day when the pitch crumbles in summer heat - that is what is a minefield. Last series against WI was played in fairly batting pitches with Shami being most successful bowler.
Old April 7, 2014, 12:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Is there any way to measure it or it's just your claim?
Of course it's opinion just like yours is but i reckon if you ask, most will consider India more spin friendly than BD. I'm not saying it's necessarily a big difference, and not all the time as India has its share of flat tracks to but from my viewing India is more beneficial to spinners than BD is.
Old April 7, 2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Of course it's opinion just like yours is but i reckon if you ask, most will consider India more spin friendly than BD. I'm not saying it's necessarily a big difference, and not all the time as India has its share of flat tracks to but from my viewing India is more beneficial to spinners than BD is.
Whatever I understand is that Bangladesh needs a strong batting to keep the match even for first 3 days of the Test match. You'll see the turning track after that.
I edited my earlier comment with -I see in either of these country most of the wickets are taken by spinners and weather is pretty similar in both places. To make the ball turn, one needs to have a strong batting line up and force the match to 4th/5th day when the pitch crumbles in summer heat - that is what is a minefield. Last series against WI was played in fairly batting pitches with Shami being most successful bowler.