facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 6, 2014, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Because losing game switch 3 is not enough? Lol. Yes the surfaces will be conducive to pace bowlers but our pacers bar mash and Taskin are simply not good enough and are brainless. I'd go with soumya.

Old December 6, 2014, 01:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

3 pacer is more than enough
Old December 6, 2014, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

soumya can be pace all rounder and i think he should bat lower order replacing sabbir
Old December 6, 2014, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ There are plenty of middle order options, I want to Soumya to keep opening. He opened batting for U/19 team in the 2012 U/19 WC in Australia. If he can find some consistency in the position, he should be a serious contender for #2 or #3 position in our WC squad.

Not sure though how much importance should be given to the hype around him as a pacer. He only bowls occasionally nowadays.
Old December 6, 2014, 04:21 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

^^Exactly. The term allrounder is used far too often. I consider him a batsman who happens to bowl pace. I don't think he even considers himself good enough to be a part-timer.

Guys like Reza, Ziaur and Mukhtar are bits and pieces players who aren't good enough with bat and ball, yet they are termed as pace allrounders.
Old December 6, 2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Because losing game switch 3 is not enough? Lol. Yes the surfaces will be conducive to pace bowlers but our pacers bar mash and Taskin are simply not good enough and are brainless. I'd go with soumya.
Rubel has a career strike rate of 34.7 which is the best amongst the experienced bowlers from Bangladesh.

Pacers need to take early wickets to allow the spinners to put the opposition under pressure. Wickets are what win you matches and they slow down the run rate. We need to change our mentality and back our pacers. I'd rather see our pacers look to take wickets in conditions that favour them and bowl the opposition out rather than playing spinners and letting the game meander along.
Old January 24, 2015, 07:33 AM

Australian challenge for spinners

Spinners have found it more difficult to take ODI wickets in Australia than in any other country, especially in the middle overs

Teams from the subcontinent have often based their bowling strategy around spinners doing the bulk of the work in the middle overs. In the subcontinent, spinners tend to take a fair number of wickets in the middle overs, in the process stifling the runs and also ensuring that batting teams have fewer wickets in hand during the slog overs to take full advantage.

However, in Australia and New Zealand, spinners have especially struggled to take wickets in the middle overs: those are the only two countries where spinners average more than 50 runs per wicket (South Africa comes very close too), and also the only countries where spinners average less than one wicket per innings in the middle overs of ODIs. In India, spinners average around 1.75 wickets per innings in the middle overs. Given these numbers, teams will need to rethink their bowling strategies in the middle overs, with more emphasis on pace through most of the innings.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/823069.html
Old January 24, 2015, 08:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

bring it on. but I dont trust Rubel
Old January 24, 2015, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

But in the BBL they're saying how the spinners have done well, different format but still relevant imo, there is a place for spinners in Australian conditions especially in the shorter formats.

A 4 man pace attack is great if you have the quality and depth but if you don't then the spinners are probably a better option. But I also think a 4 man pace attack is more suited to the test format.
Old January 24, 2015, 06:49 PM
Cricket Legend

We don't have luxury to play four man pace attack in a game unless tamim stars bowling pace. Plus mash n taskin are injury prone.

3 pacers, 2 SLAs and one leggy would be ideal for us.
Old January 26, 2015, 02:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Dont be surprised if Mashrafee starts bringing on spinners in the first 10. Then even a 3 man pace attack will seem silly.
Old January 26, 2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
We don't have luxury to play four man pace attack in a game unless tamim stars bowling pace. Plus mash n taskin are injury prone.

3 pacers, 2 SLAs and one leggy would be ideal for us.
You would play 5 front line bowlers alongside Shakib?
Old January 28, 2015, 07:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Practice matches will decide what will be the combination.
Old January 28, 2015, 05:51 PM
Cricket Savant

j wicket pabe take diye ball koranoi to uchit, nucky?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 28, 2015, 10:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Taskin
Al amin
Mash
Suomya sarker
Old January 30, 2015, 03:22 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Since the event is by ICC, pitches will be altered and it might favor the spinners somewhat as well. So I'd rather have Taijul/Arafat than 4 pacers. Otherwise it'd better to have 8 batsmen than having 4 pacers. Anything to avoid a collapse. Have Nasir at 7 and Sabbir at 8. No need for 4 pacers tbh.
Old February 20, 2015, 10:47 AM

We are getting closer to seeing 4 pacers. I felt during the Afghan match we let them come back into the match by playing a spinner instead of having a seamer as they were clearly struggling against pace.

We didn't get to see any death bowling, but I feel we will need Al Amin at the death as he's our best death bowler. He's got a lot of variations and did well in T20 World Cup. He's got 4-fors v Windies too.

Against Australia and New Zealand I want to fight fire with fire. We've got nothing to lose. I want to see aggressive bowling coupled with aggressive field settings. The time is upon us.