facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 11, 2006, 08:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Default has anyone studied or knows about operations research/management schience??

it is one of mys subs in uni?? i find it rather unique nd its one of the diverse fields of applied maths....
ne1 did this subject or is familier with it by any chance???

Old April 11, 2006, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Took a class on it in my senior year. Its interesting, and somewhat different from engineering. Uses algebra and graphs and some statistics.
Old April 11, 2006, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

I completed it in my 2nd year Manufacturing Enginerring. I got A+ on that. very easy & interesting!!! Just let me know if u need any suggestion on particular topic i will do my best
Old April 11, 2006, 07:01 PM
Test Cricketer

I had taken operational reserach as elective from IE dept during my undergrad. Uhh, those transportation programming, goal programming and dynamic programming problems. Enjoyed it very much and also I founded it bit easy bcz some of the topics were overlapped with my cse classes.
Old April 12, 2006, 12:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Depend what type of course you look to. It's a vast field undergrad just gives you a glimpse, but it goes further depending on which field you are trying to implement the operational science concept. starting from banking, IT, health care, etc etc. It's mostly analysing and improving business operations, design, market, financing, managing activities of organization( business operation perspective)..each field/track has different operational management but you learn the basic concepts and later on higher level concepts from universities. After that it diverses based on your field and need.
It has blend of advanced Statistics, applied mathematics, economic theories, etc etc)
Old April 12, 2006, 03:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Operations Research is my bread and butter! Essentially it involves mathematical modeling techniques to aid decision making. Some subtopics are optimization (or math progamming, my main area), probabilitic models, and simulation. Applications are in such diverse areas as molecular genomics to finance. See www.informs.org for some information. u2u me if you have a specific question.