facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 19, 2010, 06:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Default The BD – Scotland ODI rain-wash today and a Scottish disappointment.

Since making his Scotland debut at the age of 19, 
ironically against Bangladesh, the Carlton batsman Fraser Watts has suffered at the hands of selectorial whim - discarded and re-instated at frequent intervals.

Fortunately, this time against Bangladesh, he was ready to prove and said, “ We need to 
beat one of the big sides to 
start climbing 
the rankings.

The 31-year-old is a seasoned enough campaigner to know he can’t take a starting place for granted but he has the edge over some of his younger colleagues in that because he knows what it takes to beat Bangladesh.

Indeed, Watts was in the middle to scamper the winning runs as Scotland secured a notable victory against the Tigers at the Grange in 2004 in what was an unofficial match.

Ireland have already shown the way with their resounding seven-wicket success on Thursday and Watts believes it is time Scotland claimed the scalp of a Test nation.

“I have great memories of 2004 but it was an unofficial match and so didn’t count towards ranking points,” said the in-form batsman. “This time it is official so there is a whole lot more at stake."

“We need to beat one of the big sides to start climbing the rankings and the Bangladesh game gives us a great opportunity,” Watts said. “Ireland have shown it can be done but we are under no illusions about the task facing us.”

“Last week in Holland was really tough because we faced bowling attacks who were suited to the dry turning wickets. It was hard graft for all batsmen and that’s what made my scores extra pleasing.”

“But it is always a step up when you play a Test nation and guys like Razzak, Mortaza and Rasel are world-class bowlers so we will have to be at the top of our game.”

Ironically, the rain-wash of today’s ODI in Glasgow is a great disappointment for this Scottish brave heart cricketer. May be next time if selected.
Courtesy: The Herald Scotland.

Old July 19, 2010, 06:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
But it is always a step up when you play a Test nation and guys like Razzak, Mortaza and Rasel are world-class bowlers so we will have to be at the top of our game
Either his cricketing knowledge is very limited or he has not done his homework properly prior to the game against us.
Old July 19, 2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Either his cricketing knowledge is very limited or he has not done his homework properly prior to the game against us.
I think he did not do his homework properly, may be, because he is too busy with his profession as a Banker to get updated BD cricket news.
Old July 19, 2010, 08:03 PM

Well, both Razzak and Rasel was very good when he last played againt them.
Old July 19, 2010, 08:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^right KP bh!
Anyway,it's really sad,I was thinking this "wash out" wasn't that crucial for BD but from Scotland's point of view it's very disappointing.
Old July 20, 2010, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

From Scotish point of view we are Test Playing Nation, Play in the top level of cricket so all of our players are world class. We know ourselves, They don't.
Old July 20, 2010, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

From Scotish point of view we are Test Playing Nation, Play in the top level of cricket so all of our players are world class. We know ourselves, They don't.