facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 22, 2005, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Default play ash/aftab at 3

i think bd is wasting aftab at 6. against england he came at a time when match was well and truly over. he can play the new ball and i think best position for him is at 3. imran is all at sea against swing, he seems to be more confident against slower bowlers and spinners and 6 is right pos. for him.

in this tournament Bd has to do something exceptional every match they play. try something different and take the opposition by surprise. if they play predictable, australia and england will simply overpower them. ash was unknown quantity for australia. but now i am sure they will try to devise a way to dismiss him early next match. thats why bd has to comeup with a surprise as well. if not and be predictable like bashar way of handing bowlers, england or aus will score 400 .

Old June 22, 2005, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Aftab @ 3, ash @ 4, Habibul @ 5, Tushar @ 6 for me.......

Right now, Ash and Aftab looks by far the best of the batsman, so they should be given more chance to play........and i agree with the thought that Tushar will much more comfortable at 6 playing spinners or medium pacers with old ball.
Old June 22, 2005, 01:36 PM
Street Cricketer

Don't know what the ordering should be, but one thing for sure they need to develop is attitude of winners. Ashraful showed that against England on Tuesday. We need to stop just trying to survive 50 overs and start trying to win.
Old June 22, 2005, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by yaseer

Right now, Ash and Aftab looks by far the best of the batsman, so they should be given more chance to play........and i agree with the thought that Tushar will much more comfortable at 6 playing spinners or medium pacers with old ball.
Agree with you

Ash is doing fine at #4, but Aftab can do much better at #3 than at #6 in his day.
Old June 22, 2005, 02:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Aftab openning and Rana instead of Nafis Iqbal .
Old June 22, 2005, 02:31 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I'd try out shahriar nafis for one more game. its not fair for a person to just try out one game and then through away. so much change can never be good.

so my team is:

JO
Abir
Aftab (i think he should be at 3)
Ash
Bashar
Tushar (if he fails again, rajin)
Rana
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Nazmul
Old June 22, 2005, 02:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Tapash has to play against Aussies but not with English caz Tapash got 3 valuable wickest against The Aussies don't forget that ....... and that's why they stumblled .
Old June 22, 2005, 03:25 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Nope, taposh got one wicket against aussies and was gifted with two more.

see taposh is a good bowler and i've respect for him. but right now, he is in a greatest disarray. not only he is not 100% fit, he is going throw the worst time of his life. playing him in this condition is a torture for him. leave him alone for a while. he will bounce back in the next series. but not now. he need some rest.
Old June 22, 2005, 05:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Quote:
Originally posted by yaseer

Agree with you

Ash is doing fine at #4, but Aftab can do much better at #3 than at #6 in his day.
Yeah, thats more like it. Abtab at 3, Ash at 4 and Bashar at 5 followed by Tushar at 6.

We still need to sort out JO's opening partner who could stay in the crease for a while to see off the first few overs. Shahriar Nafees had some trouble seeing the ball and he dropped Struss at 39 and again later which paved the way for England to pile up second highest total in ODI history, IMHO. I have no doubt whatsoever that he has the talent, but his debut in this series seemed to be prematured. Though Iqbal hasn't score much but he didn't look totally out of sort like him. Iqbal needs to move his feet and get on top of the ball.
Old June 22, 2005, 05:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
I'd try out shahriar nafis for one more game. its not fair for a person to just try out one game and then through away. so much change can never be good.

so my team is:

JO
Abir
Aftab (i think he should be at 3)
Ash
Bashar
Tushar (if he fails again, rajin)
Rana
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Nazmul
I agree with you Agent. I read in Prothom-alo that the management thinks Iqbal is not showing the confidence or determination to turn things around. So, I say leave him out for couple more matches.

Edited on, June 22, 2005, 10:53 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old June 22, 2005, 08:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Glad to see we are all on the same page here.

Abir should get another match atleast to prove himself, and start with Javed. Aftab has a lot more chance to play his game at number 3, and its still beyond me why he has been asked to start this Series at number 6. Tushar, as we wanted from long before, could still be that ideal number-6-man we have been searching for. So, as it stands, the ideal batting order for the next game should be :

S Nafees
Javed
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Tushar
Mashud
Rafique
Mashrafe
Rana
Nazmul / Tapash

(looks like Rajin has finally lost his blessings from Faruque! )
Old June 22, 2005, 09:07 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I think Abir should get at least 2 more chances. If he fails in both matches, then we can recall Nafees..
Old June 22, 2005, 10:21 PM
Street Cricketer

I agree. Aftab & Ash are very very comfortable with any bowlers. So it doesn't matter if they come early in the batting orders. We need to score decent to win the match..
Old June 23, 2005, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

i will go with iqbal as opener. this other nafis, i havent seen him much but he was not comfortable at all against england. never broke through though he was trying every ball. how good he is against short of length balls? mcgrath, gillespe, harmi bowls nearly every delivery at that length. iqbal too is uncomfortable but atleast he has ways to improvise. i am not sure abir can do that.
Old June 23, 2005, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

my strong batting order:
Javed
Shahriar Nafees
Ashraful
Imran
Bashar
Aftab
Pilot
Rana
Rafique
Mashrafe
Nazmul
Old June 23, 2005, 08:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

We need to think in the context of the series we are currently playing. The first priority for us is usually not lose too many wickets in the first 15 overs because once our main batsmen are gone early we are just out of the game. As such we need to guard against having our main batsmen while the ball is new and swinging in English conditions. It is a norm for us to lose 2 to 3 wickets withing 12-15 overs, and I will damned if one of those wickets are Ashraful, Aftab or Bashar. So regardless of the scenario I am against having any of these players batting up any higher that number 4! I would rather have Aftab come in before Bashar as the only feasible chnage in the batting order/line-up.

So I would like to see the following:

JO
Abir (he deserves one more game at least)
Tushar (he got a golden duck in the last game but so did Ash in the first)
Ashraful
Aftab
Bashar
Mashud
Rafique
Rana
Mortaza
Nazmul
Old June 24, 2005, 03:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Zobair
We need to think in the context of the series we are currently playing. The first priority for us is usually not lose too many wickets in the first 15 overs because once our main batsmen are gone early we are just out of the game....It is a norm for us to lose 2 to 3 wickets withing 12-15 overs, and I will damned if one of those wickets are Ashraful, Aftab or Bashar.
Good Point!
Lets not get overconfident about Ash & Aftab and take it for granted that they will be successfull in every match. Let's give them some protection as well!
Old June 24, 2005, 04:02 AM
Test Cricketer

We are an opening batsman and bowler short
Old June 24, 2005, 04:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglaCool
We are an opening batsman and bowler short
agree with you but we can try rajin as an openner
Old June 24, 2005, 04:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think JO might have to go back to playing Tests only....
Old June 24, 2005, 05:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy_Mac
I think JO might have to go back to playing Tests only....
With all the respect to your grey_and_white_matters I would like to add that playing without JO in the ODIs would be facing Brett Lee, McGrath or Harmison without any pads or box_guard for you. JO is back in the ODI team not by other's mercy, but by performing. whatever, he performs in the coming matches, he should be our opener. For long we are searching for a formidable opening pair. where are they? We really need one more grafter and gritty player llike him.
Old June 25, 2005, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

It is time for the management to shuffle the batting order. I still think we should stick with Tushar instead of going back to Iqbal/Rajin. Tushar just needs to be pulled back in the order.