facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 3, 2011, 06:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Post of the thread with props to Ian's lambast!
What about..

Ian b. Ian

Old July 3, 2011, 06:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

eke diyei hobe,amader next coach.
Old July 3, 2011, 06:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Its time we played a full five day test and at least draw it against a top team....we take it to the fifth day but fail to get the draw...
Old July 3, 2011, 07:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Read more

Mr. Ian Chappell has been a big critic of Bangladesh Cricket and he did not spare a moment criticizing Bangladesh's Test Status to attack ICC. Actually, its our failure that we have given them (critics) a chance to speak ill of us. He obviously knows that no matter what, both Bangladesh & Zimbabwe will keep playing Test cricket despite their poor performances yet he never gets tired writing the same bull sh*t. Now, its really vital that we win against Zimbabwe and stamp our authority over Zimbabwe and give an answer to them (even that wont be enough until unless we get some positive result against top 6 teams).

Who wouldn't? And it doesn't matter who said it, Ian or Geoffry, it has been 10 years since we got test status and we are no where near top eight. It is pathetic display of our cricket. Ireland have shown better trajectory than us. Hopeless Bangalee!!!!!
Old July 3, 2011, 08:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

this guy is evidence of some illiterate aus... 1/ 3 aussies think like him......
Old July 3, 2011, 09:21 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
chapel who? if it was up to him every body would be bowling under arm by now...
Wrong Chappell. That was his brother
Old July 3, 2011, 10:01 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
If Ian suggests two tier system then why only including Bangladesh and Zimbabwe ?? Why not West Indies and Pakistan ?? What better cricket have they been playing than bottom 2 ? If he talks about performance then Pakistan, WI, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe should be relegated to Tier 2.
Eventhough Pakistan cricket is in a pretty messed up state right now but still they have enough class and firepower in their bowling to take 20 wickets in a Test match so nobody takes them lightly. They did win a Test match against England in England and also against Australia through some incredible bowling by the banned duo of Amir and Asif. In ODIs they reached the semi finals of the worldcup. So as far as performance goes I don't see how we are comparable. West Indies might be the only side we can target but the fact that we got bowled out for 58 against them in our own soil doesn't bring about too much confidence.

on topic: Two or three years ago Chappel said Tendulkar should retire because he is past his prime. I don't think after that remark anyone would take him or his brother (who is screwing up australian cricket as selector right now) seriously
Old July 3, 2011, 10:42 PM
Club Cricketer

well mr ian chappel has lost it ............ he is critical of everyone except indian cricket team
Old July 3, 2011, 11:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Didn't he force dada to retire and almost ended tenulkar's era? He should just shut his
Mouth
Wasn't it his brother .. GG ?
Old July 4, 2011, 03:10 AM
Banned

Greggie please shut the crap.
Old July 4, 2011, 03:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN
Greggie please shut the crap.
its not Greggie, the other one.
Old July 4, 2011, 03:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Ian chappel is an experienced cricketer they understand cricket better than us i respect that but , improving as a team is not just for national cricket team we need a good cricketing infrastructure and good coaches in and academies and school level cricket we need to develop from the ground or root level which we never focused on .
On the contrary chappel meant us to play test matches against A teams to build up a solid foundation, instead of getting thrashed by innings all the time . we play 7 test in a year 4 matches we loose by innings.. which is realistically bad and poor performance, i wonder what BCB has in their mind in terms of a long term goal for BD cricket.
Old July 4, 2011, 04:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

aus teaming falling down. he should worry about his own team.
Old July 4, 2011, 05:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

anyone can post our test records from 2009 till today so that we can see,compare with the previous years & see how much we improved?
I think back in 2008 or earlier it was a challenge for us to take a match to the 5th day,and avoid innings defeats,and I believe we did progress on those targets.
Old July 4, 2011, 06:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
Wrong Chappell. That was his brother
He was not wrong. Trevor did ball the under-arm but the idea of bowling an under-arm at that moment came from the fertile brain of Ian, the captain then. Now I keep my comments to my self about who should bear the responsibility for the disgrace put on the gentlemen's game in this incident.

And about some other psot, Greig, the other brother is the one that coached India.

I hate all the Chappells and don't care about the opinion from any of them, period.
Old July 4, 2011, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
ARE YOU MAD????

I don't know how the heck people think that by playing Scotland or Canada, Bangladesh is going to improve. Why would you guys want to go back to the dark old days?

Divsion One: Ind, SA, Eng, SL, Aus
Divison Two: Pak, NZ, WI, BD, Zim

Bottom of Div One swaps with top of Division two every calendar year.

Forget Associates cricket - they already have their own 5 divisions of cricket plus they cannot host or play 5 day test matches as amateur countries.

PLEASE STOP putting BD in with the minnows. They are a full test status team and need to play more test against better teams.
Thoroughly agreed with Ian here., excepting in Division 2, a few 4 day games should be played against Ireland, Netherlands and Scotland

Divsion One: Ind, SA, Eng, SL, Aus
Divison Two: Pak, NZ, WI, BD, Zim

Bottom of Div One swaps with top of Division two every calendar year

Right approach, but I dont think the ICC will do this.
Old July 4, 2011, 07:05 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

If you set targets low enough then any side would be able to reach them. If the target after 10 years was to take test matches into 5th day and avoiding innings defeats then we have more or less achieved it. Now all we have to figure out is how many decades it will take till we achieve the target of bowling sides out twice
Old July 4, 2011, 07:08 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawaherul
He was not wrong. Trevor did ball the under-arm but the idea of bowling an under-arm at that moment came from the fertile brain of Ian, the captain then. Now I keep my comments to my self about who should bear the responsibility for the disgrace put on the gentlemen's game in this incident.

And about some other psot, Greig, the other brother is the one that coached India.

I hate all the Chappells and don't care about the opinion from any of them, period.
nope it was not Ian Chappell... it was Greg who was the captain at the time and it was his instruction
Old July 4, 2011, 05:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Too many to name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
nope it was not Ian Chappell... it was Greg who was the captain at the time and it was his instruction
Indeed you are correct. Ian had retired at the time and I suspect he would have been very critical of Greg's actions, for they are very different men. Ian is very much the pugnacious romantic and Greg the calculating accountant.