facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 23, 2005, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Default is this the only win bd will get

australia will come hard at bd next matches rest assured.
is this the only win bd will get? with talents like aftab, ash, bashar, mashrafi why cant we win another one or two.

there is something in the bd team. i think everyone knows that. they beat pakistan in 99 WC when pakistan was the best team upto that point. now they beat australia, when australia is seeming invincible. i think it is in the spirit. there is something which drives them more than others, especially when they face the largest obstacle, they start firing. someone like ashraful with half the size of mcgrath, gilli, harmi or flintu can hit the crap out of them. it is all in the spirit. i just hope rest of them play as inspired as ashraful. then it wont be the only win bd will get in this tourney.

Old June 23, 2005, 02:52 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

As someone else mentioned in some other thread, they need a good start to keep fighting. i think its true. in all cases we created upset we had early break thru or a good start with bat. we are going toward the right direction. we might not get a win or two in this series but will soon get more. beating australia is a huge boost in moral. they have to believe now, if they can beat australia, they can beat anyone. i think's ash's innings was motivated by that. he did not believe 392 was unreachable and if he would stay, it might not be! thats the fighting spirit. if they keep that up, win will come.
Old June 23, 2005, 04:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
is this the only win bd will get?
If they win one of the remaining games, then no
Old June 23, 2005, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I think this will be the only win we will get. England anhiliated us and even though they are down now they can still beat us with ease. And Australia is back to their bullying self so I dont see a win unless we fix our bowling.
Old June 23, 2005, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

it will probably be our only win on this tour, yes.
Old June 23, 2005, 07:00 PM
Club Cricketer

No!! come on where is the spirit. I see the same fear coming back again. We got some great players and we def. can win again.

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
it will probably be our only win on this tour, yes.
Old June 23, 2005, 07:04 PM
Club Cricketer

We just fired in one cylinder in our last match. That was good enough to get us going. We will start firing in more than one and that will take us to the end line in next two matches. We should still be in the hunt for the finals.

If we can beat the Australians, I am sure England will take care of the rest and we should be in the finals.
Old June 23, 2005, 07:47 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think we will 'probably' win if we can keep our bowling tight and restrict Australia to 250 or under. Basically our bowling and fielding will need 150% hardwork.

I don't know if you will agree, but I think we should bowl first chasing the target should be easier for our batsmen (hopefully) and Aus's innings our bowlers will have to keep in mind the pressure we will have to chase the target which should motivate them to bowl better.

If we bat then we must score at least 250 because Aussie batsmen will show no mercy this time and finish the match in 30 overs. Either way, when we bat we must save 5-6 wickets for the last 10-15 overs with 200 runs at least. Inshallah we will win!

Good luck to our team!
Old June 23, 2005, 07:58 PM

We might have another big push if things does happen like .....

1. Bashar win a toss in a day night match.
2. Choose to bat first
3. Score around 250
4. Hope for the best.
Old June 23, 2005, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Honestly, it probably will be the last win this tour.

The reason for this is that last time Australia didnt show the respect, and thus didnt do the work they needed to do to win.

This time - and trust me on this -, the Australian brains trust will display their professionalism and have analysed the tape of every sustantial Ash innings, and will be devising a plan for him.

But this tour has seen

- Ash and Aftab blossom as cricketers, and

- the team has learned how to win.

Sure, the development in the bowling hasnt been what was hoped for, but every journey is a series of short steps.

And the odds are pretty darn good that in three years, the Tigers will be better than they are now, and Australia will be worse.

Ian Whitchurch
Old June 23, 2005, 10:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan

2. Choose to bat first
3. Score around 250
4. Hope for the best.

We dun have to worry about day night match.. because the nest 3 geams BD has left r not day'night matches... all of them are day matches... so no problem dere.
Old June 23, 2005, 10:32 PM
Cricket Guru

first of all, I see mixture of opinions. As we all know we won't able to win anymore, but we should fight like a tiger.
We need vast improvement in bowling especially first 25 overs and last ten overs. We ran out of bowlers and bashar doesn't have any other options.
Our bowling was horrible. Also depending on one or two batsmen to click won't bring any win. Our top order has to contribute big innings atleast three of them.

All we expect is a fight as a team as a tiger.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

i don't know why, but i just have a feeling that we might win another this series. i really hope so...
Old June 24, 2005, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ehtasum_
Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan

2. Choose to bat first
3. Score around 250
4. Hope for the best.

We dun have to worry about day night match.. because the nest 3 geams BD has left r not day'night matches... all of them are day matches... so no problem dere.
Nice to know that. Thank's.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:54 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

The way we had been playing before the first Australia match in the Natwest series, even a dream of an upset (against England - not Australia though) was unthinkable for me after playing so badly in the test series and also in the practice matches; although I was hoping for at least one upset victory (but not against Australia) for us on this tour. Because, if we had not won even one game, our players would have returned to Bangladesh EMPTY HANDED.

But now - we have to improve our BOWLING vastly, and we need to play as a TEAM if we want to be competitive in the rest of the series.

And also, now we could say that our players won't be returning back 'EMPTY HANDED' when this tour finishes.
Old June 24, 2005, 02:28 AM
Club Cricketer

we were lucky enough to even get one win!
Old June 24, 2005, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

TheTiger,

You might think it was luck, but check out what Ricky Ponting said ... he said 'they controlled the game'.

It was some good bowling backed up by some very very good batting.

Ian Whitchurch
Old June 24, 2005, 05:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think all the talk of BD spirit is simply non sense. Because we lost to Canada as well when we shouldn't have.

Frankly speaking, even Bashar thought that 250 was too much but at the end they realised it they could get there. If Brett Lee was there it would have been for others to hit Lee. England struggled against his extra pace.

Mcgrath, Kaspar, Gillespie are all 135 km/h bowler so there is nothing to be overly concerned about.

Ashraful has been so inconsistent in this tour but Allah helped him and listened to his prayers and he didn't forget to show the gratitude as well and Ashraful was able to repeat his form again.

It's asking for too much for someone like Ashraful to repeat this sort of form matches after matches but if sincerely prays to Allah then who knows we might see him spark again.

No coach can teach you to bat like that or Whatmore can't it has to come from within.

It was inside Ashraful and he unleashed to cause the biggest upsets. I still think Aus A team with Shaun Tait is a very good team because they are younger than the Australian side and can beat many international sides.

If Bangladesh and Australia A plays 5 times, then they will win the series 3 - 2 or 4 - 1.

Australia were too proud of there performances and started publicly issuing statements regarding our test status and we replied in a manner that now at least for next 5 years the talk of our test status being taken away will be dead and burried.

However except Ashraful, the game against England showed us that we haven;t matured enough yet.

When Ashraful batted and when he got out, 300 still looked like a possibility but we got out miserably ( some of the dismissals simply remind us why we do so poorly in both form of the game in general except some good performances which are few and far between).

Ashraful took all the risk and simply threw his wicket away but i think even Sachin wouldn't have done it that way.

Ashraful needed to have realised that it was only he was capable of a big score others were simply not at their pedestrian best. But we have imporved a lot since the last world cup.

I think we will average more than 200+ from now on which is a good sign.

But to prove that win against Australia was not a one-off, if we can score freely then we will win against sides like NZ, Srilanka, India, West Indies and even Pakistan ( because sometimes they are very unpredictable ... they may throw their wickets away as they used to do and we may get another win ).

Wins against India and Pakistan are one thing but win against Aus is entirely another thing because Aus side is professional and they always try their best despite the outcome ... and they did score 249 from a very vulnerable start.

I know that Aus won;t score more than 300 but they defend well. So we need to find inspiration from our previous win and try to pull off an amazing win again.
Old June 24, 2005, 06:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Win or lose the remaining games dont matter any more beause we beat the world best. think about it again, Australia are at the top and we are at the bottom the whole world is talking about us and this time for the good. I was at the game it was out of the world i thought i was dreaming watching ash geting his 100, and aftab getting a wonderful six to win it for us.

That wasnt it after the game me and my two brothers got interviewed by sky sports outside the stadium.

Also we went see the players and the coach at Juborage restaurant after the game. It was great, lets hope ower boys can carry on with their great performance Inshallah.

:joy
:
Old June 24, 2005, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Point by point against Amin's defeatist rant.

Yeah, Bashar thought 250 was too much to get. He was wrong.

Highly accurate 135 kmh bowlers who can move the ball in the air or off the pitch are generally more of a problem than fast inaccutate bowlers - cf Shahadat. Especially in one day cricket.

God staying out of sports is probably a good thing - there's enough problems with mindless nationalism, let alone people bringing issues of faith into what is, at the end of the day, a game played for entertainment.

Next, players can, should and are taught how to be in good mental states that assist them reaching the heights of their ability. It's what sports psychologists do.

A young Australia A side has exactly the same problems as a young Bangladesh side - inconsistency. Kids play well, then badly. Seasoned old campaigners dont tend to have good games and bad games to the same extent.

Yes, this win will lead to more wins.

Part of why Australia lost was that they werent professional - they didnt rate Ash as he should have been rated, and they didnt have a specific bowling plan against a batsman who scored 158 not out in even time against India. That was sloppy, that was uinprofessional, and they paid the price.

Ian Whitchurch
Old June 24, 2005, 12:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

i'll just fill in a few points that IanW didn't mention.

well i dont really get how the defeat against canada fits in this situation. that was totally out of context. all the talk about bd spirit isn't nonsense. even all the fans are in a different high after that match. we're spirited. so imagine what the players must be.

everyone's saying the aus win may be just a one-off thing. i think that 391 england scored against us was a one-off thing rather. that wont happen again.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

In current stage I don't think our players need to think anything. They are confident; they are playing freely (batting). They don't always fight smart but they always fight.

I don't see any reason for them think a whole bunch of stuff about AUS or ENG before going to the game. Mashrafee, Ash, Aftab, Bashar, JO knows that they can hand any bowlers and batsmen from both the teams. I say the only way we can win another game is just with pure confidence and desire.
Old June 24, 2005, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

I am confident Bd will win more in this tournament. the spirit of red and green will conquer