facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 3, 2010, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn
Default Extra bounce!

How our batsmen will handle this. Our batsmen seem not ready to take this challenge. They are not technically strong enough. I am afraid about the results of the tour.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Old February 3, 2010, 07:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
How our batsmen will handle this. Our batsmen seem not ready to take this challenge. They are not technically strong enough. I am afraid about the results of the tour.

Inshallah, the Bangladeshi batsman will handle it. I won't say that Bangladesh lost due to lack of practise; I really think that Bangladesh's performance in T20 fractuates very much; they are not at all consistent (I mean they are actually not fit for playing T20). If they play really well in 1 match the next one they do not. But hopefully our batsmen will come out of this and keeping this defeat in their minds will perform, at least try, well and win.
Old February 3, 2010, 11:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim

Jamie Siddons should be familiar with Bouncy wickets and be able to prepare the batsmen with wet tennis balls or whatever they use these days.
Old February 3, 2010, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I dont think that Siddons had enough time to prepare them for the bouncy wickets, because the team left for NZ a day after the India series ended, no training camp, and no warm up games in NZ, this left them at a disadvantage. No preparation whatsoever and it shows in the team's performance.they should have had at least 2 warm up games. BCB has not planned this well at all.just threw these young lads into the lion's den where they got butchered.
Old February 3, 2010, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru

This will be decider of the series....They will just bounce us out! They just got the formula to win

Last edited by SS; February 4, 2010 at 01:25 PM..
Old February 3, 2010, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The need to move up a good foot beyond the stmping line, it will help them get on top of the ball & Take out the Lbw.

They Also should be brave and hit high and wide stuff over slips between 3rd mand and Long Top
Old February 3, 2010, 09:07 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I think they are clueless as to how to play t20. thinking its shorter than it actually is.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old February 3, 2010, 10:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Our pacers should take the advantage to get some NZ wkts. Batters need to learn to play on bouncy wkts anyway. I think Tamim, Shakib and Mahmudullah are used to bouncy wkt, I am worried about Ash and Mushi. If they can score 230+, they will lose with respect
Old February 3, 2010, 11:56 PM
Cricket Guru

To be fair to the players, BCB have set them up for two big failures in NZ and England this spring-summer. The team went to NZ on back of a Test series against India on flat tracks of Chittagong and Mirpur, there was no break so the coaching staff could prepare them for a different format on different kind of pitches. Again they will go to England on back of T20I WC in WI, for a Test series! Middle of the England tour they will come for Asia cup and then again go to England for the ODI series! Mahbub Anam or whoever else represents BCB in ICC meetings just has not thought (or did not care to think) how this kind of haphazard scheduling will effect the team performance. Even many well experienced players from other Test playing countries will fail with this kind of scheduling.

IMO, we would have been better off skipping out those two tours (if a better window of time was not available), I don't think ECB or NZC would mind. Those two tours will only serve to disrepute the team, destroy confidence of players and put their careers in jeopardy.

Last edited by Eshen; February 4, 2010 at 12:02 AM..
Old February 4, 2010, 03:48 AM
Cricket Legend

I also think All tours other than WestIndies, Zim, Sl should be converted into home series. We are far better competetive team in our own backyards.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 4, 2010, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Btw our tactics in these type of bouncy pitch should be leaving the ball. Even a good lenght delivery on stump will go over the stump. But we have to carefull about full lenght delivery.
And as for bouncers, leave them alone if you want to be remain at the crease.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 4, 2010, 01:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
To be fair to the players, BCB have set them up for two big failures in NZ and England this spring-summer. The team went to NZ on back of a Test series against India on flat tracks of Chittagong and Mirpur, there was no break so the coaching staff could prepare them for a different format on different kind of pitches. Again they will go to England on back of T20I WC in WI, for a Test series! Middle of the England tour they will come for Asia cup and then again go to England for the ODI series! Mahbub Anam or whoever else represents BCB in ICC meetings just has not thought (or did not care to think) how this kind of haphazard scheduling will effect the team performance. Even many well experienced players from other Test playing countries will fail with this kind of scheduling.

IMO, we would have been better off skipping out those two tours (if a better window of time was not available), I don't think ECB or NZC would mind. Those two tours will only serve to disrepute the team, destroy confidence of players and put their careers in jeopardy.
Interesting our scheduling can impact players' performance...did not think about it on first hand ...now makes sense ...what is the qualification to become BCB think tanks. Our BC posters could have been lot better candidates than these officials.
Old February 4, 2010, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
The need to move up a good foot beyond the stmping line, it will help them get on top of the ball & Take out the Lbw.

They Also should be brave and hit high and wide stuff over slips between 3rd mand and Long Top
Intersting..thanks cricman for sharing..but why did not they practice similar approach during practice...
Old February 4, 2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

Jump up with the ball when the ball is bouncing to make it into a regularly pitched ball...
Old February 4, 2010, 01:49 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

LOL Jumboo got banned again (Soccer20reserve)

Thank You Mod's
Old February 4, 2010, 01:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Are you talking about the extra bounce which someone may be treated with when it gets too obscene in a bar? They will handle it alright. They will just move to a differnt bar. If you are taking about bounce off the pitch, all they have to do stand as tall as possible. They are far too short and the ball will fly over their head. On the other hand, if they try to poke at the ball with a longhandle then anything can happen and most of them are bad.

Result of NZ toor!
1-0
3-0
1-0
Old February 4, 2010, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Thank You Mod's
Hetu?
Old February 4, 2010, 04:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Hetu?
Anuman - new thread button niya otirictha hatahati.
Old February 4, 2010, 06:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rohan Kanhai

I've noticed this too. Most of the Bangladeshi batsmen seem to be too commited to the front foot too early. They need to not overcommit to the front foot which will give them more time to play. Standing slightly deeper in the crease can help, unless you're extremely confident like McCullum and hit bouncers while caught on the crease of even on the front foot.

They should practice playing the survival game to fast bowlers. Remember in ODI Cricket fast bowlers can only go for about 6 overs. Whenever possible use the pace and ride the bounce to boost your run total, less risk, and more annoying to fast bowlers. I have seen someone short in stature like Ashraful compulsively hook while commited to the front foot, this is a prime example of what not to do, especially when your team is under pressure and you are commited to the front foot too early.

And lastly, to a extra bouncing deliveries you are often sucked into playing by the extra bounce, but once it gets chest high, its hard to get over it and keep it down. So if you're committed to a ball like that, drop your hands, let it go past your face. And if you still play, make sure you use soft hands.
Old February 4, 2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Thank You Mod's
why, was he bad? what did he do to get banned? The mods should give people second chances People do alot of crazy stuff when they love cricket and want to talk about cricket and there's only one BD cricket forum.