facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2006, 06:33 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Please, I beg you, lets not be ARROGANT against Kenya, I know how it feels like to lose to Kenya

Please, I beg you, lets not be ARROGANT against Kenya, I know how it feels like to lose to Kenya, and I don't want to lose to Kenya 1 more time by being ARROGANT and OVER-CONFIDENT.

Please, it is my humble request to all of you who have not witnessed BD-KEN matches, please with winning Australia and other teams.

Old March 11, 2006, 06:48 AM
Cricket Legend

wheater or not we fans are arrogant, nothing matters .But the players need not to be over-confident,but some arrognace as that of Ash and Mashrafe always help.
Old March 11, 2006, 06:57 AM
Test Cricketer

I think Bangladesh will comfortably beat Kenya, but then again, if Steve Tikolo makes 100..
Old March 11, 2006, 08:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

FW... I also know how it felt when our world cup debut was delayed for 4 years just because of this team. It really felt very much painful. But to be frank, Bangladesh has come a long way since the last 2/3 years or so. I wont talk about team strength... but here are some assets that we have who can really trouble the Kenyan side very much:

Battingwise: Ash, Bashar, Aftab, Rafiq, Shahriar nafees

Bowlingwise: Mash, Rajib, Rasel, Rafiq, Enamul, Rana

And I mean.. they really can become big botherations for the Kenyan side. Dont forget... that this current BD team full of youth-power bounced back from a 0-2 trail to win the ODI series by 3-2 aginst a ZIM side that could fairly beat this Kenyan current squad. Kenya has given a fight with even a lowered ZIM side recently... but could not beat them in all matches. But the ZIM side that BD beat 3-2... was fairly stronger than that current ZIM side.

In short... I am quite hopefull that if the BD players are serious enough.. they can beat the hell out of the kenyans convincingly and surely by 4-0.

Best of luck to the tigers!!!
Old March 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

fahmida...lets not be too dramatic. No need to beg anyone! As some one said, whether we, the fans, are arrogant or not is immaterial. Arrogance is unsuitable word when it comes to professional sportsmen. It matter little whether they are arrogant or not as long as they are professional. I bet a true sportman much rather be branded arrogant than unprofessional. Having said that I would rather have a humble professional sportsman who takes pride in his performance.
Old March 11, 2006, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Arrogant or Non-arrogant! Let's leave it as players personal matter. I'm sure fan's tone does not matter. All we want is a 4-0 series win. Ahmed_B really tells the difference between two teams now. If we loose a single match against them now, it should be a shocker. I'm sure if 50% of our players play according to their potential in each match, we should win all.
Old March 11, 2006, 01:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Over confident may just kill us... dont forget Kenyan are fighter and they will not let go even a dimmest chance........ This might be the biggeset chanllenge Bangladesh has ever faced
Old March 11, 2006, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

It will be a interesting series. They have recalled 2 good players in Hitesh Modi and Collins Obuya. We also have a much better side than ever played previously against Kenya.
Old March 11, 2006, 02:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bandladesh A or Even U19 is capable of beating Kenya National Team 4-0
Old March 11, 2006, 02:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by zakirc
Bandladesh A or Even U19 is capable of beating Kenya National Team 4-0
Bangladesh A...hope ur kidding...

I actually agree with u on our u19 beating Kenya

Not A where Sarkar and all those useless one's r there....Kenya will infact thrash our A team...
Old March 11, 2006, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

If the fans' devotion mattered, we'd have won the world cup at least once by now. Whether us fans are cocky or not is inconsequential. The matches are not won on paper (or pixels in this case). Our players will have to prove it on the field. I, for one, won't mind bullying the Kenyans after we beat them 4-0
Old March 11, 2006, 03:09 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

We are a better team then 2/3 years ago. Our bowling strength has doubled within the last year or so. If Mash is fit, and we can field Mash, Syed, and Rajib in these matches, we should have enough firepower to remove their top order within the first 15-20 overs. After that, we'll have Rafique, and Manjurul (if we decide to field a strong bowling side).

As for Kenya, they epitomize inconsistency. They will be on a high and trouble the best side in the world one day and completely flop the next day. Just look at their recent results against the Zimbabwe C team. I won't be surprised if Kenya manages to win atleast one game. We are a little inconsistent ourselves.
Old March 11, 2006, 05:58 PM
Cricket Sage

4-0 wouild be hard to achieve by either team so out of the question.

Looking for 3-1. Wouldn't be surprised if its 2-2.

Will be really mad if its 2-3.
Old March 11, 2006, 06:13 PM
Banned

i want 4-0 whitewash. from somewhere we have to taste the joy of whitewash.
i am already suffering from significant mental pain after SL defeat.
only whitewash can heal it.
Old March 11, 2006, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
you mean 1-3
Old March 11, 2006, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Quote:
you mean 1-3
that was a typo or may be uncle is suggesting that an additional game should be played when its 2-2 to get the series winner.
Old March 11, 2006, 08:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorry
Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Quote:
you mean 1-3
that was a typo or may be uncle is suggesting that an additional game should be played when its 2-2 to get the series winner.
I meant there will be no reson for me to be mad as 2-3 is not theoritically possible:P
Old March 12, 2006, 12:21 AM
Test Cricketer

we only won one match against kenya and kenya won 6 times against bangladesh in international matches. we must win the series against kenya. hopefully by 4-0. we need to stop steve tikalo. if he gets set then bangladesh will be in trouble.
Old March 12, 2006, 03:00 AM
Test Cricketer

BD always plays against three teams in a match:
1. itself (complacency, inconsistency)
2. Umpire
3. Opposition

Not sure, there would be any change in these factors in the coming series. I have full confidence in their ability/potential and also have the full confidence that they are too prone to mess easy things up. Whenever, you are expecting them to do the right thing to do in the right way, they will do the opposite. When they are least expected, they will do the better.

Wish I am incorrect!
Old March 12, 2006, 03:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

We lost to Kenya several times and those are quite fresh in memory, so no need to refresh them at all. Canada is something that we should be reminded of........
Old March 12, 2006, 08:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Those days are OVER ... for last 2 years at least in ODI's we are competetive against the top teams ... we have beaten many of em ... so forget the past and look at a Glorious Future
Old March 12, 2006, 12:42 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I've been labelled as pessimistic here before. But I think I'm just a realistic. here is why: we will beat kenya comprehensively in all 4 games. It is going to be tikolo vs bangladesh, and tikolo does not match it.
Old March 12, 2006, 12:45 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Don't forget our loss to Scotland (or was it Ireland?) - that was just before the last 2-3 years, when we started to win however inconsistently.

Also, Steve Tikolo is not the only player that we should worry about. There is also Thomas Odoyo, who is slowly taking the place of Steve Tikolo.

And also, lets not be overconfident in our abilities and not exepct any surprises, like I've been noticing that this Maurice Ouma guy, is quite useful, someone who is slowly taking the place of Maurice Odumbe in the Kenyan side.
Old March 12, 2006, 01:58 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Fw, with keeping all the stats in mind, kenya was letting farns grow in their pitches when we were beating australia. when kenya was playing against the likes of ireland we were thinking about how to face the likes of shoeb and muralitharan. believe me that makes a difference. it has to be considered upset if they can compete against us now.