facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 8, 2010, 02:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Management needs to be very very careful in Handling Shafiul and Rubel

3 years from now I don't want to see them struggling to bowl @ 125K and lose 10-15K off their pace ala Rasel and Rajib.

If that means you have to put so called "Joba Rules" in for these 2, to keep them healthy and fresh, than do it. Make them miss a few meaningless ODI's in the future, have guidelines on the Maximum length of their spells in ODI's and Tests, quotas on how many overs they can bowl in FC Matches.

Shafiul, his plant foot is parallel with the No Ball Line, it's a disaster waiting to happen

Rubel, he can to turn into Sharif with one Injury.

Both of them are going to be permenant fixtures on Away tours.

They shouldn't toil on the some of the roads we we make em play in international cricket, A little Grass never hurt anyone, BCB need to get the memo

Old February 8, 2010, 03:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

There is no such brain in BCB who would take these sorts of decisions.
Old February 8, 2010, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

These morons will chance nothing , rien de nouveau sous le soleil

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 8, 2010, 04:18 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

we should have forceful rest system, after certain number, player should be forced to take rest. it will refresh their mind. its applied in cric australia, we should use it too
Old February 8, 2010, 06:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
we should have forceful rest system, after certain number, player should be forced to take rest. it will refresh their mind. its applied in cric australia, we should use it too
rotation policy which i think a few teams use especially in ODIs. no reason why BD can't use a rotation system but BCB have to be willing to support the back-ups so that they're good enough to be part of that roation system. guys like sajidul, subashis and whoever else need to be coached properly so that they're ready when needed.
Old February 8, 2010, 07:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I remember the comments after Shafiul's first game. Only me and I think al-Furqaan bhai thought he had something to offer to us. I was confident that in better wickets he can be a handy bowler and he has proved me right. Mash and Shafi will be a great opening combo for us in ODIs. Mash can keep things tight while Shafi picks up the wickets.
Old February 8, 2010, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Does our board have these sorts of professional approach? I dunno.

Last edited by Purbasha T; February 8, 2010 at 07:53 AM..
Old February 8, 2010, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

I like Shafiul; but the way he plants his foot scares the hell out of me. That's an accident just waiting to happen.
Old February 8, 2010, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
I like Shafiul; but the way he plants his foot scares the hell out of me. That's an accident just waiting to happen.
He gets away with it for being young, but won't be as lucky as he ages. Plus he's losing quite a bit of pace by not pointing it straight down the pitch.

I support rotation policies. Besides, these guys need to be looked after not just because of injury threats but also because they are still too inconsistent. They'll grow with time, but I'm too used to the high standards set by Mash in ODIs and expect nothing less.
Old February 8, 2010, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I remember the comments after Shafiul's first game. Only me and I think al-Furqaan bhai thought he had something to offer to us. I was confident that in better wickets he can be a handy bowler and he has proved me right. Mash and Shafi will be a great opening combo for us in ODIs. Mash can keep things tight while Shafi picks up the wickets.
pretty sure i thought he had something to offer after the first game, i wanted him in the first test from watching him in the first game, so far so good, rubel seems to be improving as well.
Old February 8, 2010, 02:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Well Shafiul just came in to the squad I don't know what other bowling coach he worked with before, but i'd think our staff would be looking in to that stuff soon. hopefully after march we can get a decent bowling coach.
Old February 8, 2010, 03:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

rubel consistenly hit 144 k today/yesterday...shafi was consistently a yard slower at 138-140, in fact apart from a 120 k change-up, the slowest ball bowled by the RBX was 135 k...definitely good stuff when thats your slowest stock ball. really though he would rip 150 though...

by comparison, rajib was consistently 129 k

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 8, 2010, 03:38 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Sachin

BCB needs to divert Ashraful's daily rations and feed these two instead. Bit more muscle mass would help.
Old February 8, 2010, 07:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Management needs to be very very careful in Handling Shafiul and Rubel...

I agree...

we need to rotate and give our FB enough rest and avoid overuse.

Similarly I also think we need to use our national treasure, Ashraful, more carefully. He also need some well deserved rest.
Old February 8, 2010, 08:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Those two sooth my eyes.

Rubel at one points bowled 10 balls in a row at 140+. Not that I watch every game but I don't think the current fast-medium bowlers do that. Pure fast bowlers like Roach, Steyn, Johnson may do that once in a while.

Shafiul is full of confidence. It shows in his eyes.

Shahadat I mean Sharapova's pace don't scare anyone.
Old February 8, 2010, 10:43 PM

[quote=Tigers_eye;1072269]Those two sooth my eyes.

Rubel at one points bowled 10 balls in a row at 140+. Not that I watch every game but I don't think the current fast-medium bowlers do that. Pure fast bowlers like Roach, Steyn, Johnson may do that once in a while.

Shafiul is full of confidence. It shows in his eyes.

Shahadat I mean Sharapova's pace don't scare anyone.[/quote]
Shahadat is doing ok though.

RBX is my hero...he will be a world class in time.

Shaiful - I wish him all the best.
Old February 8, 2010, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I remember the comments after Shafiul's first game. Only me and I think al-Furqaan bhai thought he had something to offer to us..
I think there was someone else too who predicted he would do well, particularly on NZ/English pitches
Old February 9, 2010, 03:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

many many young pacers like Tarek Aziz, Talha Zobair, Mohammad Sharif to name a few very early in their careers showed signs of promise and faded away....

I am hoping Rubel and Shafiul are here for serious business and here to stay, hit and Rip through foreign top orders...like Dale Styen or Wasim/Waqar Combination from the Old Pakistan
Old February 9, 2010, 03:50 AM
Banned

The title reads" give the wolves to take care of our sheeps" Our Bd management sstem is worst after our Paki bros.... they messed up with Shakib now it's time for rubel and shaiful
Old February 9, 2010, 06:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

How fast is Shahadat bowling on NZ pitches? I didnt feel like watching any of the two games, so can anyone please tell me? I remember, watching him in the two tests against India, and aside from the grunting it seems like he is bowling as fast as he used to before, if I remember correctly, I saw him bowling at 132-135 Km/h against the Indians, and I like the small change in his action as he seem to have better control over his line-length, than he used to, so I think credit does to go to our bowling coach.

So can someone please tell me how fast Shahadat is bowling on NZ pitches? I know Shafilul bowled some deliveries at 140 km/h and he can consistently bowl at 135+Km/h speeds, and there's no question about Rubel but I wish Rubel could bowl at 145km/h atleast once, as I want to see a bangladesh bowler touch that 90 m/h speed mark. Anyways, its safe to say that this is the fastest trio we have ever had in the history of Bangladesh Cricket

Last edited by dark mage; February 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM..
Old February 9, 2010, 06:26 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Shahdat: 127-136kph
Old February 9, 2010, 06:38 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

The dunedin pitch was not the fastest pitch around. I think rubel can get up to around 150 on a fast pitch

Just feed the guy up on meat or something if he has upper body strength I could see him getting into the mid 150's when he is around 28-29 years old
Old February 9, 2010, 06:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

What does the pitch have to do with Pace a bowler gets to? The speed is measured from the hand.
Old February 9, 2010, 06:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

well why is it on certain pitches bowlers bowl faster while on others they don't?
Old February 9, 2010, 06:52 AM
Cricket Guru

speed guns aren't universal which is the reason for different readings at different venues, they were taking the readings just out of the hand and i haven't heard any changes with that so i don't know how different pitches make any difference to the speed measured. of course to a batsman different pitches and conditions make a difference, some venues have thinner air and the different ways a pitch can be prepared obviously makes a difference to how quick the ball comes off the pitch but if the bowling speed is measured just out the hand then these things shouldn't change the readings we get on our screens.