facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2014, 08:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
After all these years, if he has to ask for support, that's a shame.
They should have earned it by now.
Lol ... I guess u right.

Old March 11, 2014, 09:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

You always have the support but don't ask fans to lower their hope of a good performance, it's in BD of course fans will be optimistic and wish for the cup but do we expect it? I think not. Team should be aiming to win it anyway regardless of form, where it's being played or what the fans are expecting.
Old March 12, 2014, 12:36 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

@Cricketers: My only expectation is that we qualify for the main event. If beating associates is too high an expectation for you guys then you all should retire right now.
Old March 12, 2014, 12:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Well Shakib was busy at something else yesterday when the team practice for warmup match against UAE. I hope he finally made it to the ground though. But ... , Photo courtesy : BDNEWS24.com

Old March 12, 2014, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I can understand that fans are too optimistic at times.

But my question to the Bangladesh cricket team. First of all as professionals you need to deal with the expectations of millions. Second, fans have their right to expect more from the players. I have seen fans wait in line for hours to get a single ticket as well as sacrificing work and family to attend a match in the stadium. Even when they are not attending a match, they are probably spending hours glued to their seat watching the tigers play in the big screen.

The least we fans deserve is a decent side. No, I don't expect our boys to be a top class team like South Africa or Australia. But I want some decent performance from them and consistantly. We have not won a single match in last 12 outings. If only our players gave half as much effort as our fans gave, we would have been more than just a decent side right now.

However, I can't really blame Shakib for making this statement. He has had first hand experience of crumbling under pressure during crunch moments in front of home crowd. I think it would have been wiser for him to go to the players and say "Chill".
Old March 12, 2014, 02:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

He had enough practice.
Old March 12, 2014, 03:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11
Well Shakib was busy at something else yesterday when the team practice for warmup match against UAE. I hope he finally made it to the ground though. But ... , Photo courtesy : BDNEWS24.com

There should be curfew for attending these before any major tournaments...no matter what you say...there has to be some impacts especially when the form is bad and team is not doing well...after world cup he can have plenty of time to attend these conferences/adds
Old March 12, 2014, 08:33 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

This was for an HIV/AIDS awareness campaign that will be a big part of the world t20, not a commercial advertisement.
Old March 12, 2014, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11
Can you please show us any proof (links) where it mentions that he was attending this program as ICC ambassador by skipping the practice????

If you can't then please stop spreading lies. We ask our players to be responsible, how about us, the fans?
Old March 12, 2014, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
Can you please show us any proof (links) where it mentions that he was attending this program as ICC ambassador by skipping the practice????

If you can't then please stop spreading lies. We ask our players to be responsible, how about us, the fans?
Hey Calm Down. I have provided pictorial evidences that Shakib was doing something non Cricketing on March 11, 2014. The day whole team practiced for warm-up match against UAE. I did mention that he joins the practice and end up saying But …. These dot dots indicate my frustrations. As a senior player he should have contribute on game planning, focus on his own batting ,bowling and fielding. How much time and effort did it took to prepare a speech,thinking about it , getting ready answering questions?Can’t he spend those time and energy truly on cricket on a day before the game? Did he actually gave his 100 % for cricket?

I have no problem for the cause he spend his time, its surely for a great cause. But he is getting his salary for Playing Cricket for his country. This should not have raised any anger from me if team was winning. But when we were continuously losing a top paying player like him needed to give his full energy (physical and mental) to get a win.

You may argue, it was just a practice match. But can you imagine what could be the morale of the team if we managed to lose to UAE? And to be honest we almost ended up losing to UAE .

Now tell me, do you have any evidence that says he gave his 100% for cricket on 11th March?
Old March 12, 2014, 11:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Bangladesh supporters are the most knowledgeable in the world (not sarcastic) . We all knew that he should have been with the team. If Michael Clarke would have been doing or Australia now?
Old March 12, 2014, 11:49 PM
Test Cricketer

So you're saying if he wasn't giving speeches he would have scored a century against UAE?

Dude, if Sangakkara was giving speeches a day before World Cup Finals, would that have been perfectly okay knowing he's not gonna flop out during the game?

Why the double standards, and why against Shakib? I'm not trying to defend him but asking questions. So because our players already suck, and are in bad form, they shouldn't let anything distract them preparing for their games, regardless whether it's practice match or an actual game?
Old March 12, 2014, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Hi Naim, good questions, please read my post again specifically those lines in bold. and here is answer to your question copy paste from above post "This should not have raised any anger from me if team was winning. But when we were continuously losing a top paying player like him needed to give his full energy (physical and mental) to get a win."
Old March 12, 2014, 11:59 PM
Test Cricketer

True.

The fact that we, as fans have to seriously worry about matches against associate countries is what bugs me the most, (no offense to associates). 15 years of cricket... comes down to struggling against UAE and AFG.
Old March 13, 2014, 04:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Already the players which are considered high grade have no pressure as they know their place is firmly placed in the team and money will come from playing BPL/endorsments.....they have already become complacent.

I think the fans and media should keep the pressure on so that they imrpove themseleves.
Old March 13, 2014, 12:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Come on guys, we are now comparing Sanga with Shakib?
Two different countries, different individuals, one can keep cool head in the field for days and other shows how fast rush of blood can get to you!