facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 8, 2011, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default If those words were runs

I like Law's approach. He needs to whip these idiots.
Quote:
If those words were runs

Mohammad Isam from Harare
One could easily gauge the mood of Stuart Law yesterday; the look in his eyes, though he was wearing sunglasses, was one of frustration. As well as being upset by the worst possible start to his coaching tenure in terms of result, Law was as frustrated by the happenings behind the scenes in the dressing room.
It was learned that vice-captain Tamim Iqbal argued a point Law had made during a discussion that was held right after the 130-run defeat to Zimbabwe.
“There's a lot of talk going on. It's time to stop talking and put them into action,” said the new Tigers coach here yesterday afternoon.
The Tigers, requiring 263 with seven wickets in hand at the start of the final day, showed a stark lack of purpose in even bringing together a few partnerships but even though these were topics of discussion on the eve of the fifth and final day, nothing came to fruition.
“Everything was discussed but if you can't back the talk with actions, you look stupid,” said Law.
Although he did not elaborate further on the goings on behind the scenes, it was learnt that the coach had a heated exchange with his opening batsman Tamim Iqbal after the match where Law held Tamim responsible for not translating his words into action in the match. It was also learnt that Tamim's response to rebuke the allegation.
His backing of Shakib Al Hasan and Mohammad Ashraful after the third day was commendable. He was seen during the Zimbabwe tour as someone who observes the players closely and then make changes if necessary. But Law meant business on Monday.
For a man who only arrived three weeks ago, his irritation isn't wide of the mark. As a proud cricketer with more career runs under his belt than the whole of the Tigers together, being a witness to the manner of collapse and the lack of application in both innings of the Test match was clearly frustrating.
While the first innings performance could be put down to a lack of preparedness, given the Tigers were handed a minefield to contend with in the practice game. But the second innings performance certainly stood out both on and off the field, for all the wrong reasons.
After Tamim Iqbal got out on Sunday evening, his comments on the Zimbabwe bowlers Kyle Jarvis and Brian Vitori, who took ten wickets in the game in all, were audacious to say the least, but it was inspirational enough for the home side.
When asked to give his views on Tamim's jibe, captain Brendan Taylor said: “I think his performance was pretty ordinary too, because he's a quality player and his team were looking for him to get a big total. He got out pretty carelessly.”
“Let your performances do the talking and don't concentrate too much with your mouth. We always get negative comments from the Bangladesh side and that inspires us. I think he can have a good look at himself,” said Taylor.
More tellingly, Taylor believed that the difference between the two sides, despite their wavering paths to this game, was the desire.
“We prepared the best we could possibly prepare,” he said. “The way we went about our business, I think we wanted it a bit more than the Bangladeshis, though it is easier saying that at home.”
The man who made an unbeaten century in the second innings to set up the challenging chase, said that it was an overwhelming moment. “I'm overwhelmed and very humbled with the result. We prepared very well, Zimbabwe Cricket invested in us, were patient with us and encouraged us. To repay that favour, I'm just very pleased at the moment,” he said.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=197779

Old August 8, 2011, 01:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
After Tamim Iqbal got out on Sunday evening, his comments on the Zimbabwe bowlers Kyle Jarvis and Brian Vitori, who took ten wickets in the game in all, were audacious to say the least, but it was inspirational enough for the home side.

When asked to give his views on Tamim's jibe, captain Brendan Taylor said: “I think his performance was pretty ordinary too, because he's a quality player and his team were looking for him to get a big total. He got out pretty carelessly.”

“Let your performances do the talking and don't concentrate too much with your mouth. We always get negative comments from the Bangladesh side and that inspires us. I think he can have a good look at himself,” said Taylor
Good response from Taylor.
Old August 8, 2011, 01:42 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

tamim r shakib re serious dholai daoa uchit...besi barse...abar akta khelay jitaylei amra ai duitare nia nachbo..amader fan der o serious problem ase
Old August 8, 2011, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I hope Law is indeed the whipmaster that he claims to be. Siddons didn't seem like one and we all know what kind of treatment these losers need. I'll contradict my own sig for once - maybe sometimes, just sometimes, you can *whip* sissies into winners.
Old August 8, 2011, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

“There's a lot of talk going on. It's time to stop talking and put them into action,” said the new Tigers coach here yesterday afternoon.

Super Like this...
Old August 8, 2011, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Tamimre zota dia pitaina uchit , boro boro khota , kaze ZERO

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 8, 2011, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I really hope this Test loss will finally put an end to the 'Siddons era'. This comment is not to bash Siddons personally but to shed light on a timeframe where the team took backwards steps only to focus on individual performances, excuses and rose colored glasses.

Not sure how to expect wins for a team that was designed to play it out ot the fifth day and to cover for each other as opposed to be a destructive force that feeds off of each other. We as fans also must shoulder some of the blame for not holding the players accountable.

Zim did everything right these five days. They played as a team, believed in each other, their captain led from the front and they wanted to win, believed they could win and they did.
Old August 8, 2011, 02:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

Super Like this...
This is FANTASTIC!!!! At last...
Old August 8, 2011, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

now that I think about it..... ekdom dhaka theke potor potor kora start korsilo. I understand saying these on media/public gives u satisfaction at some level, but when your performance is this so much off from your trash talks, they should have stopped by day 3....

parle to ekhono bole, 'ekdom ordinary bowlers, khali amrai extra-ordinarily bhabe out hoye gelam'
Old August 8, 2011, 02:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Look at Taylor's comments, when asked about Tamim's comment - "I think his performance was pretty ordinary too, because he's a quality player and his team were looking for him to get a big total. He got out pretty carelessly". Professional answer and he even said Tamim is a quality player that means he respects the opponents.

There is more, "I'm overwhelmed and very humbled with the result. We prepared very well, Zimbabwe Cricket invested in us, were patient with us and encouraged us. To repay that favour, I'm just very pleased at the moment,"

He scored 70+ in first innings and a century in the second. Even after become MoM he is humbled and respects his opponents. Amazing professionalism. On the other hand, Tamim's words came back to haunt him.

Respect for Brendan Taylor. You are a true cricketer. Tamim, shut your stupid mouth and learn from him.
Old August 8, 2011, 02:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Nonsense hubris. Even Tendulkar, Kallis, Ponting never say that their opponents are ordinary.
Old August 8, 2011, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Nonsense hubris. Even Tendulkar, Kallis, Ponting never say that their opponents are ordinary.
Right! Tamim is classless and with uncle as head selector, he know he will always have a place in the team.
Old August 8, 2011, 05:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

“Everything was discussed but if you can't back the talk with actions, you look stupid,” said Law.

RESPECT TO LAW. TAMIM Should shut his mouth now and convert those into runs. -___-
Old August 8, 2011, 06:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Now if Bangladesh had won Tamim would have been a genius for saying what he did.

I still believe Tamim was well within his right to say what he did. He's a combative, aggressive player with a lot of talent. His initial onslaught made Vittori look like a fish out of water.

Just coz the 10 other players in the team are meek sissies who don't have the courage to say anything to an opposition player, doesn't mean that Tamim has to be like that.

Tamim don't change! And keep your hostile attitude (but just back it up with your performance next time.)
Old August 8, 2011, 06:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

very nicely put by Taylor. now this is a man who will learn from his mistakes as a captain, and yet wont back down from a fight.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old August 8, 2011, 06:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

if tamim said those same words before he got out to jarvis, that would have been slightly different. remember, this same thing happened to us, when Sehwag called us ordinary. you never call your opponent ordinary, even if u r playing bermuda. even if you are playing bermuda.

and those pacers kicked our @$$, we can never call them ordinary without us being even more ordinary.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old August 8, 2011, 08:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Sakib& TI are very bad at dealing with press,journalists.
they need to stop tlaking & perform.
Old August 8, 2011, 08:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

now I hope comments from Law & Taylor will inspire Tamim.
Old August 9, 2011, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Tamim and Sakib should shut up and be professional. Look at the Zimbabweans, for six years, their country was in turmoil, no great cricketing structure, they found some good players and came back and beat BD in their test return. They were a much better team than BD in everything and because of this they won. I am happy that their hard work paid off.
BD was very complacent and even the fans here were complacent, they thought that they used to beat Zim all the time, it could be done here, but Zim sprung a wake up call on Bangladesh.
Old August 9, 2011, 06:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

If words were runs, then Tamim would have a better average than Bradman..
Old August 9, 2011, 07:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
Now if Bangladesh had won Tamim would have been a genius for saying what he did.

I still believe Tamim was well within his right to say what he did. He's a combative, aggressive player with a lot of talent. His initial onslaught made Vittori look like a fish out of water.

Just coz the 10 other players in the team are meek sissies who don't have the courage to say anything to an opposition player, doesn't mean that Tamim has to be like that.

Tamim don't change! And keep your hostile attitude (but just back it up with your performance next time.)

Its comments like yours that keep encouraging those two idiots to be idiots. You are supposed to be aggressive on the field. Not just talk yourself up to the point of disrespecting others and being d***head. What Tamim said made me pissed off straight away. Because I knew it would give the opposition ammunition and create pressure on our batsmen. If he was not out, would have made sense as then it would've shown that he wanted to take on the pressure. Now when him and Shakib have already failed to back up their words with action numerous times, he should've just shut it. Simpel " I still firmly believe we can win" would've been sufficient.

These guys and their fans would give the excuse of lack of preparation. The way the team played, no amount of practice would have sufficed. I am talking about the lack of professionalism by the whole team here, aided greatly by the captain and vice-captain being the idiots they have been.

I know a lot of you guys still would go gaga for them two, but I have long ago lost my respect for them as sports idols. I'd rather get Brendan Taylor's autograph. At least that guy knows what he's doing, and knows how to respect his teammates and opposition...
Old August 9, 2011, 08:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

আমাদের ক্রিকেটাররা ধিরেধিরে রাজনীতিবিদে পরিণত হচ্ছে । কথা বেশি কাজ কম । সেই বিশ্বকাপের আগে থেকেই এরকম হচ্ছে ।

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 9, 2011, 08:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

Shewag used "ordinary" against us when they were in BD. We were all hurt by his comments and so was the whole team....and now it is coming out of our player's mouth...really dumb founded!!!!
Old August 9, 2011, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

well said. he need a strong coach to deal with some of the sissies in the team and whip down the extra arrogance that some of the players have
Old August 9, 2011, 09:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

I seriously lost a lot of respect for Tamim. No matter how terrible and weak your opponents are, you never underestimate them.

If he think Zim bowlers are that ordinary, then Tendulkar won't even bother play us because we got beaten by an "ordinary team". Oh wait, we even lost a practice match with the A team of this ordinary team. That means we are "extra-ordinary".