facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 8, 2005, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by radicalsami

IF a war was to start with Bangladesh The Air force wudnt stand a chance anyhow... I always believed that Bangladesh doesnt need to bolster their armed forces... we have a lot of other sectors that cud use the money
I am tempted to copy/paste one of my posts in another thread here:

I find very few people who raise the question about if a country like Bangladesh with very low GDP and an unstable economic structure really have the luxury to rear and feed a huge standing army/navy/air force. Trust me if you were in Bangladesh and uttered a single word against the necessity of such a sterile military force, your voice would be severely cut off by the media and both the ruling and opposition parties. Its only because both the parties need the standing army and its support to grab the state mechanism. In a semi-feudal pre-capitalist country like Bangladesh, democracy is what the bureaucracy and standing army want, and who they want to see in the government. No wonder why the budget in education and agriculture sectors are cut short in every fiscal year to feed and upbring this huge unproductive toothless army.

What we really need is the compulsary and mandetory military training to every single Bangladeshi youth, which seems will never be implemented in the long run in Bangladesh. *sigh*

Old February 8, 2005, 08:00 AM
BC Editorial Team

>> -About India trying to occupy Tibet ( even Dalai Lama who lives in India in exile will be aghast at your statement)

Oooh. I missed it. Tibet was a free country till the 1950s when China attacked and conquered it.

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 1:02 PM GMT, by Tintin.
Old February 8, 2005, 08:48 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
Quote:
Originally posted by radicalsami

IF a war was to start with Bangladesh The Air force wudnt stand a chance anyhow... I always believed that Bangladesh doesnt need to bolster their armed forces... we have a lot of other sectors that cud use the money
I am tempted to copy/paste one of my posts in another thread here:

I find very few people who raise the question about if a country like Bangladesh with very low GDP and an unstable economic structure really have the luxury to rear and feed a huge standing army/navy/air force. Trust me if you were in Bangladesh and uttered a single word against the necessity of such a sterile military force, your voice would be severely cut off by the media and both the ruling and opposition parties. Its only because both the parties need the standing army and its support to grab the state mechanism. In a semi-feudal pre-capitalist country like Bangladesh, democracy is what the bureaucracy and standing army want, and who they want to see in the government. No wonder why the budget in education and agriculture sectors are cut short in every fiscal year to feed and upbring this huge unproductive toothless army.

What we really need is the compulsary and mandetory military training to every single Bangladeshi youth, which seems will never be implemented in the long run in Bangladesh. *sigh*
First of all BD don't have a huge standing army/navy/air force.Even Srilanka and Nepal's last years defence budget is bigger than BD. Right now BD army is the single largest source of foreign remittance. Thanks to UN for this. We have more than 10000 soldiers deployed for various UN missions(Largest in the world). Every year Education sector got the highest amount of money. Don't mix up with Pakistan. We currently deployed one permanent brigade in Kuwait. It will work there to protect Kuwait from outsiders.

OUR Military expenditures : percent of GDP:1.2% of Total Budget (2003) .

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 3:01 PM GMT, by rezwan1977.
Old February 8, 2005, 08:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

India has a pretty formidable and diversified armoury. China may be a step ahead but certainly will be very foolish to engage in an all out war with India. The Chinese are not known to be foolish when it comes to the Art of War. I refer you to Tao and Confuscious

Edited on, February 9, 2005, 1:48 AM GMT, by pompous.
Old February 8, 2005, 11:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketfan
tiger_fan,
Most of your statements appear fabricated. Do you have any proof to substantiate the points you are trying to make about:
-Chinese manufactured planes,aircraft carriers etc
-Rate of growth of Indian population vis-a vis other countries
-About India trying to occupy Tibet ( even Dalai Lama who lives in India in exile will be aghast at your statement)
-About Kashmir
etc

Any reason for such rabid anti-India stance?
plz dont make some moronic statements about me being anti indian...good for you if you think india is stronger....i got nothing against them and hopefully they got nothing against me

as calling my statement fabricated??? did you even bother to check if they were or not???? or its just because you never heard of what goes on around you???

you want reference?? you will get it now....

1. china manufactured planes, aircraft carriers etc------http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/fighter/j7.asp
(try and get me a website which says india makes their own planes)

2. rate of population growth in india---you dont expect me to remember everysingle source do you??? but neverthless here it is
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/3575994.stm

3. heard of the sino-indian war of 1962-63? i guess not...here is one for you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War

4. only recently india dropped their claim of tibet because they realised they cant win this with china

5. about kashmir....why do you think they are still holdin onto dear kashmir for life??? coz they dont want to loose anymore than they have lost since 1948 partitioning

i am NOT saying that india is weak or anythng like that....what i am saying is that in terms of technology, china is way stronger while india( whos is also militarily well equipped) has a long way to go....

the chinese has sent man on space...has india done that???
the chinese developed their nukes before india...dont believe?? check google
furthermore, when war breaks out.... russia and usa wont be helpind india for the sake of staying neutral

so what is the conclusion....in the unlikely case of war, as before, india is bound to be on the loosing side because, technology wise and economically it is WEAKER than china...not weak as in general

some one said india has strong defence system to protect them....so does that make china's defence weak...??

honestly in dont know where the arguement is heading!!
Old February 8, 2005, 11:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rezwan1977

Tiger_fan: Indians are very advanced in defence technology and self dependent.

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 12:41 PM GMT, by rezwan1977.
then why do they get the aircraft carrier Viraat from UK??

y didnt make one instead??

y is it that most of their planes are imported??

because their self-dependence is limited to manufacuture certain stuff, not everything...making nukes doesnt make you any tough guys these days...

even saddam hussein tried to make them with years of being sanctioned....so does that make them a tough ?
Old February 8, 2005, 11:28 PM
BC Editorial Team

>>>they tried it with china in 1962 by occupying tibet but got kicked out

Please don't equate border disputes with 'occupying Tibet'. These disputes (which many countries in every region has with one neighbour or another) are usually over a few hundreds or thousands of square kilometers.

Tibet, on the other hand, is an area of a little over 1.2 million square km - 150% the size of Pakistan. China conquered the whole of it in the 1950s (it's not as simple as that. Tibet has a long story of being independent, under China and the Brits. Anyway, there were an independent country when China attacked them).

India has no 'claims' over Tibet - now or before.

Edited on, February 9, 2005, 4:39 AM GMT, by Tintin.
Old February 9, 2005, 12:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

tiger_man aka tigerfan,

Are not you the person who has branded all women not conforming to your dress code as prostitutes in another thread? Your views on this forum are just as illogical and not worthy of further discussion.
Old February 9, 2005, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

is tiger_man chinese?
Old February 9, 2005, 06:53 PM
Banned

Bangladesh will do what it needs or takes to defend her borders.

Personally, I think some of her citizens should be expelled to one of the neighboring countries simply for expressing too much "bhoktee" and "sroddhha" for that particular country. I say to you and your families, wrap up your kombols and stuff, and begin marching Northward. Such people are equally a threat to BD's security as are the tupi-wallahs.

And while I'm at it, my personal opinion is that India stands on noble ground when it comes to Tibet.
Old February 9, 2005, 11:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketfan
tiger_man aka tigerfan,

Are not you the person who has branded all women not conforming to your dress code as prostitutes in another thread? Your views on this forum are just as illogical and not worthy of further discussion.
i am not tigerFan...thats a different person incase you dont know how to read and differentiate between members

and if my views are not worthy of discussion, then why post your stupid comments on this thread???

just watch it before you make your nonsense accusations on me.....

check your U2U for more info...

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 5:26 AM GMT, by tiger_man.
Old February 14, 2005, 05:26 PM
Club Cricketer

tiger_man, I think the aircraft carrier India has, was not bought from UK, but Russia.
All of you, though India has a mighty army, China is capable of beating it, in fact, making it another Hiroshima. In my opinion, if China went to war with USA, it will loose, but after heavy looses for USA. For a while, China has been busy making land based missiles for Taiwan, because US has deployed a navy fleet to protect Taiwan.
China and India both creates fighter planes however china's is better because it is experienced at it. Yes China makes variant of MiGs but it also makes its own kinds. Chinese fighters are expensive then, I would assume, Indian.
If and when India does go to war with Bangladesh, China will most certainly be there for us. We have a mutual understanding with each other. India also sees Bangladesh as a threat, should they ever go to war with China because of our friendship.

I hope this helps. I will post more in the near future.

Edited on, February 14, 2005, 10:28 PM GMT, by bdlocal.

Old February 14, 2005, 05:49 PM
Cricket Sage

India ? Kashmir and Tibet ?? China ??? "bhoktee" and "sroddhha" ???? tupi-wallahs ????

What these has anything to do with Bangladesh Airforce ?

tupi-wallahs I can understand, the BD airforce men wears tupis, but for the rest...

Edited on, February 14, 2005, 10:49 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old February 14, 2005, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
If and when India does go to war with Bangladesh, China will most certainly be there for us. We have a mutual understanding with each other. India also sees Bangladesh as a threat, should they ever go to war with China because of our friendship.
Some people surely build illusions and imaginary scenarios. I hope strategic thinkers in Bangladesh are not carried away by any of the above notions.
Old February 14, 2005, 11:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bdlocal
tiger_man, I think the aircraft carrier India has, was not bought from UK, but Russia.

it is brought from UK, formerly known as HMS Hermes,

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...a/r-viraat.htm
Old February 14, 2005, 11:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
Some people surely build illusions and imaginary scenarios. I hope strategic thinkers in Bangladesh are not carried away by any of the above notions.
illusions have a funny way of coming true...

70 years ago, few people ever realised that muslims will be on the spotlight by september 11, 2001.

In france, people never realized during the 1918-19 when the treaty of versailles was passed on that Germnay will again invade and this time defeat them under adolf hitler, a man who spent his days before joining the Nazi was living off the street broke.....
Old February 15, 2005, 11:11 AM
Club Cricketer

tiger_man, the latest IN carrier is being bought from Russia. So we are both right. It is a second hand carrier that is undergoing "refit". Here is a link of a news site:
news site

Edited on, February 15, 2005, 4:12 PM GMT, by bdlocal.
Old February 15, 2005, 11:32 AM
Club Cricketer

DJ Sahastra, do you know any thing about Bangladesh strategy. For more information on Bangladesh and China relations, I refer you to the links below:
Sino-Bangla defence agreement a turning point in foreign policy
An Indian defence analyst has this to say about Bangladesh-China defence agreement.
BANGLADESH-CHINA DEFENCE CO-OPERATION AGREEMENT'S STRATEGIC IMPLICATIONS: An Analysis

Edited on, February 15, 2005, 4:36 PM GMT, by bdlocal.

Edited on, February 15, 2005, 4:37 PM GMT, by bdlocal.
Old February 16, 2005, 01:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bdlocal
tiger_man, the latest IN carrier is being bought from Russia. So we are both right. It is a second hand carrier that is undergoing "refit". Here is a link of a news site:
news site

Edited on, February 15, 2005, 4:12 PM GMT, by bdlocal.
i didnt know they brought another one from Russia

bad news for Pakistan:P:P:P
Old February 16, 2005, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
I hope strategic thinkers in Bangladesh are not carried away by any of the above notions.
DJ that is the funniest thing I have read since my long lost grade school friend confessed last night that she and her husband were married by a circuit court judge who just happened to be jogging by... anyway I think all of Bangladesh's strategic thinkers are also BC members - each and every one of them!

maybe this thread should have been titled "bangladesh's defense strategy". my bad. However bdlocal is probably right in one aspect - the Sino-Bangla defense agreeement simply underlines the extent to which Bangladesh has come full circle, back to the days of Pakistan. It wasn't until Mujib was assasinated in 75 that China, Saudi Arabia and many others in the Islamic block recognized Bangladesh's existence.

Lest we forget.
Old February 17, 2005, 11:03 AM
Club Cricketer

No, I am not against India, as rafiq is implying. I know my history and I know my history well. I know what India did for us and I appreciate that very much.
I was just clarifying the strategy of Bangladesh should it go to war with India.
Old February 17, 2005, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

China ain't gonna do diddly-squat. What is their track record of helping Pakistan, for example? Think about the 4 wars that India and Pakistan have fought. What's the score? 4-0 to India. Did China intervene on behalf of Pakistan? No.

This treaty with China is nothing more than words on a piece of paper. Let's not have any illusions.
Old February 19, 2005, 02:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Shubho
China ain't gonna do diddly-squat. What is their track record of helping Pakistan, for example? Think about the 4 wars that India and Pakistan have fought. What's the score? 4-0 to India. Did China intervene on behalf of Pakistan? No.

This treaty with China is nothing more than words on a piece of paper. Let's not have any illusions.
maybe you are right.....

afterall China isnt likely to waste time, troops and resources into some conflict thats not even theirs....

their only concern was Tibet, but now that is removed once and for all......might as well worry about their space program than scream "I want kashmir"