facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 17, 2002, 02:11 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Press conference & Gordon Greenidge

During the time of Gordon Greenidge, Bangladesh's former coach once gave an interview to the Daily Star. In that famous interview, he had said that once a tour is complete, Bangladesh national team does not discuss what went wrong and what went right for the team in the just completed tour.

The similar kind of situation has arrived yet again.

There has been no press conference this time after the recently completed SL tour - as stated by Janakantha.

The team management trio - Mahmudul Haque Manu, S. M. Faruque and coach Mohsin Kamal are being heavily criticised for their lack of effectiveness. The national selectors are also not out of this criticism.

In another report of Janakantha published today, the non-selection of Minhazul Abedin Nannu and the dropping of Naimur Rahman from the ICC Championship squad had also been criticised, stating that Minhazul Abedin had been playing cricket being physically unfit and had been helping to win teams, and Naimur Rahman's batting position had been compared to the batting position of Alok Kapali.

Old August 17, 2002, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Minhajul in Naimur Out

That's what I think. I think the selectors are doing well. They've given chances to a whole heap of teenagers, recoved Rafique and Mahmud for the SL series which was a great move and dropping Naimur was good. I think they've got everything right except for Minhajul and maybe Bulbul. Well done selectors
Old August 17, 2002, 08:40 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default About Nannu

What I heard about Nannu is that he doesn't FIELD during the matches. He'd have a sub field the whole time and then go in only to bat. Now, I find that heard to believe. I'd love to hear from folks who have recently been to one of his matches or live in Dhaka and are aware of it. However, an eye-witness account is always favorable over a hear-say. Manush onek kichui banate pochondo kore and some folks love to spread that with (adding) a little personal touch.
Old August 17, 2002, 09:13 PM
Banned

Default Bulbul

Droopping Bulubul wus a good idea. He is no good anymore.

Nannu I here likes to create contraversy. So even if he bets well, the others will play bad. WC99 was to short to understand his impact both good and bad wize. Also, like all know, england condituns help seem ballers like heem.
Old August 18, 2002, 05:50 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default May be

May be Nannu used to bowl seamers (slow medium) during 97 or in 98 season, but he definitely did not bowl seamers during the WC 99. That was more of a slow - slow - slow (3 times slow) bowling - neither spin, nor slow medium pace.

Tehsin, where did you get that info from? Even if Nannu had not fielded during the old times, I am sure the last time when ICC rules were conducted in Bangladesh domestic matches (especially) after getting the test status - with all the match referees coming in, I don't think Nannu could have gotten the chance to bat.

If you got this info from a trust-worthy person, and if he had told you the truth, I think that was during the Dhaka premier league where clubs (big clubs like Mohammadan and Abahani) rule the day - not the ICC rules.
Old August 18, 2002, 11:32 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Hard to believe

I heard it from a 'self-serving' cricket hater. You know the kind. Jokhon team jitey, shobar aage potaka nariye nariye they party with the 'in your face' attitude but harle shathe shathe gala gali, baniye baniye golpo and the works......

However, knowing our 'dahak' league environment, it got me thinking. That is why I wanted to hear from someone who was present during '3/4' of this incidents. In league matches, that doesn't bother me cause the guy scores BUNCHES (unlike any other) but it does put a damper on his chances in international matches. I don't think Nannu is as interested in ODIs as he is for a TEST cap and I bet he'll tough it out there if we can bring him back. The sheer determination alone will keep him going. *sigh*, wish we could add Nannu and Pilot together, copy their mojo and instill it in the rest of the players.
Old August 19, 2002, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Nannu is Minhajul?

right?
Old August 19, 2002, 06:43 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Yep

Minhazul Abedin Nannu
Old August 20, 2002, 09:21 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Habibul Fan, How much you know about Minhajul?

He is a very unique case. The best captain BD ever had, Only player with 1000 first class runs in a season, but, always says the things better not said, gets himself in trouble. And make it worse, he retired from International cricket on the face of BCB.

Now he wants to play, fans want him, but BCB doesn't.

[Edited on 21-8-2002 by Rajputro]
Old August 21, 2002, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Hot issue