facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 17, 2006, 08:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
Quote:
Originally posted by sovik
who told him to go after the bowlers. he just needed to rotate the strikes and we all know he is not capable of doing that
very true. i dont think there is anyreason to hit fours in each and every over. just rotating the strikes can easily get 5-7 runs in an over even without a four. however the mentality of golla is he will try to hit a 4 and then just block the other bolls and if he thinks that he cannot hit the 4 he will just block the whole over and just waste an over for nothing. he is really really pathetic sometimes.

but i think everybody has to agree that his fielding is really wonderful. the way he blocked a certain four yesterday in thirdman by sliding was really wonderful. he really has a very good technique in fielding.
JO is getting lazy as is Rafique..so they are not willing to take more singles..fulbabus...chhar maro terpore bose thako abong aram koro.

Old March 17, 2006, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

the way i look at it is that JO did take part in a brilliant opening partnership, which set up the foundation for the 300. it was evident that he was pretty uncomfortable against probably the most ordinary bowling that he will ever face, and did the worst thing that a batter can do - attempt to hit himself out of the misery and get out by spooning it to a fielder inside the ring (AFAIR).

that's all - i have no further comments on him. we should retain him as long as we don't find a better replacement, since he seems to have done okayish in recent times. besides, the partnership with SN was a very valuable one. let's just hope he stops getting into those 20 ball periods where he refuses to score.
Old March 17, 2006, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

as I posted in another thread, JO is OR saline for batting diahorria is a myth. Spitty already proved it by number. Not going to that one I would like to raise two points. First one, after seeing Kenyan Bowling even if they improved another 80%, I do not think they could start a collapse in BD batting . If that happens may be we do not deserve to play with big boys. the second one is that if we do not experiement in Kenyan match where would we experiment againest Australia. Lets play Rajin/NI instead of JO. if we want to be ruthless give chance to Rokon - he could just murder this kenyan bowling attack. Remember Namibia 2003 or Zimbo in 2005. Lets give Baser they break he deserves to be side with his mother. Also play enamul as super sub in the matches wishing we could win the toss
Old March 17, 2006, 08:56 PM
Test Cricketer

With respect to all BD fans and "disrespect" to JO's batting, here is my points:
1. We are always experimenting with the opening pairs. For the last few series, our opening partnership is getting a better shape (JO and SN). I believe, it would be suicidal to break this format and instill a new pair to lose what we have already achieved. Please dont take a step ahead and then back two!!

2. In ODI, run does matter. But for us losing early wicket is the matter. JO is remedy for that. SN makes the run. This is a great blend. We should keep this up atleast upto 2007 WC. Then dismantle them and introduce someone with cosistency and good defense with SN.

3. Isnt it crystal clear from yesterday's 300+ innings that JO/SN have laid the foundation for such later offensive launch. Dont be blind. Pay the due credit for everybody.

I would stick to someone who is effective whether or not dashing.
Old March 17, 2006, 09:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Aus will score 300+ in all the ODIs in next series - if they bat first. And we cannot even dream of going even close to those scores with JO in the opening pair. I think we should try Rajin Saleh from the 2nd/3rd ODI against Ken since he is in the team and give him chance to be prepared for upcoming serieses. Otherwise Nafis Iqbal could be another choice.
Old March 17, 2006, 09:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
But who charges down to a spinner in the middle overs and yorks themselves?
I can think of another player - Shaz (Ravi Shastri)
Old March 17, 2006, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
apatoto amar mone hoi javed kai khelano uchit. rajin is a good substitute of javed. but rajin is out of from.
Old March 17, 2006, 11:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dak_Pion

2. In ODI, run does matter. But for us losing early wicket is the matter. JO is remedy for that. SN makes the run. This is a great blend. We should keep this up atleast upto 2007 WC. Then dismantle them and introduce someone with cosistency and good defense with SN.

3. Isnt it crystal clear from yesterday's 300+ innings that JO/SN have laid the foundation for such later offensive launch. Dont be blind. Pay the due credit for everybody.

I would stick to someone who is effective whether or not dashing.
Most valid point!
Old March 17, 2006, 11:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

here we go again chacha gone so next target JO whos next after him, Rafiq?
Old March 17, 2006, 11:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

oh man..im just sick and tired of this...

n im sayin this probably a millionth time (regarding this JO subject)

give me a freaking break...

it amazes me that every time, whether we win or loose, somehow the topics always comes around Javed Omar.

if we loose, its his fault.

if we win, it is still his fault ( how i dont know !!)

there are certain members in BC, who IMHO, took it a personal crusade to kick JO out of the team.

ok, the guy is slow, ok the guys hv limited shost in his bag, but how is this affecting our team ??

oh i know, he is too slow !! WOW !!! for the first time in 119 games, we managed to cross the 300 run barrier and that was against a Kenyan side, and u guys talk about slowing down the run rate..u really amaze me !! as if everytime we go to bat, its JO's fault that we cant make 300 runs !! MAN !! i must have failed to see that !! God..if it wasnt JO's slow rr,, our aftab n ashraful could have gone to score amazing hundreds every time they go to bat !!
Damn how could i be such a stupid blind to miss that point out...

who was i kidding???

remember, he is the other half of the brilliant opening stand that we had yesterday. for the first time, we crossed 300 runs in a ODI on the back of a such a good opening stand, and people are quick to jump on the bandwagon of kicking one of that opener out of the team. now that a great way to reward a team member for the success.

"oh Javed, u contributed so much to that opening partnership y'day that helped Nafees play those amazing shots and helped the team to score such a big total that we decided to kick u out of the team...cuz U R DAMN SLOW !! now get outta here, pack ur bags and go home. never even try good for ur team again."-----so would say Dave if some members of our BC had thier way....

experiment, experiment experiment..thats all we talk about..
experiment for what ??

let this winning formula stick together..let them believe that together they can win the games....let this team beat kenya 4-0 in the series...then when the Aussies arrive, we will have a team that got the taste of playin good cricket, winnin games in a row and more importantly, self confidence and believing in themselves.

and who r we ?? Australia ?? that we have to hv the rotation system in the team so that every now and then we inject innocent little cubs to face the music fm the wild beasts and totally destroy thier career ...

look at rahim's performance against SL...what does that say to all u guys ?? DONT RUSH IN....kid got a lotta potential , dont kill it. the same goes to other little cubs as well..like mehrab jnr, tamim saqib etc etc...

also, is JO disrupting the harmony of the team ?? has JO become like our ganguly ?? ive never heard of any trouble JO has caused due to his presence in the dressing room ....so why kick him out ??
cuz just because u dont like him ?? or is it because u r soo eager to destroy some youngster's career ??

don give me stats, seen it all before, they hardly mean anything to me. if the stats could speak, we should be out of test cricket by now...

I, for one, has always been a supporter of Javed Omar in the team and i will be, til the day we find a consistent performer who can prove himself that he means business, and not only on the back of coupla glitzy performance in the age group or domestic league cricket. What JO is doing to the team is giving the other youngster openers in the country a platform to built thier maturity and perfect thier abilities so that they can serve the country one day, the day they r ready to do it.. dont look too far for that example, think of shahriar nafees.....

And for doing that, he is coping all the shots, he is in the receiving
end, but its him who is silently doing a great service to the Team Bangladesh and hopefully, one day be recognised for that...

so my advice to u all JO haters,

take a chill pill
and GIVE HIM A BREAK

Thank You
Old March 18, 2006, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

If bd team really looking for a replacement for JO then its perfect time against kenya to test others options improvement. ODIs are only for stroke players these days. As long as JO stays we wont be able to dream chasing 300+ against any test playing country. Do we expect to lose before chasing 300+ or are we only look for to win the match chasing below 250.
Old March 18, 2006, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Best point of the match, for me, was JO's out.
Old March 18, 2006, 12:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Yo Sydney I don't think you would have wrote all of this had JO stayed till the 40th over. I can guarntee to yo if JO was not given out that would of happened. he probably would of been on 80(150).

Yo should of seen the chat room when he was given out.
Old March 18, 2006, 12:47 AM
Test Cricketer

It's time we say good bye to our beloved Golla. It's sad time for us fans, but we have to do the right thing.

I think we have identified our talents, and we should stick to them. Nafis Iqbal is undoubtedly one of the guys who will lead us to the pinnacle, and so lets give him those experience factors that stand between him and Golla.
Old March 18, 2006, 01:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Miraz
I think JO is the most unfortunate player of BD cricket. Everybody is annoyed of him despite all of his efforts.
I don't think any true player ever played 50 over match in his life will blame JO.
Old March 18, 2006, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
Best point of the match, for me, was JO's out.
mine too. i was almost getting a headache whenever javed got the strike after he scored his usual 20 runs thinking that he has done a great job for "Team Bangladesh". as the previous member was saying, he is trying to lay the platform for the others!!!!!!!!! wow thats funny. and who is javed? is he like the guardian or something? or some babu shaheb? who the hell told him to lay the platform for the youngsters. why cant he lay his own platform!!!!! why does the other person has to take all the risks and put himself in a danger while javed can keep blocking all the bolls. the only good thing about him is that his fielding is really good. and yeah we can always expect 20 runs from him. but after that he should get a retired hurt. or else he will just block 20 bolls and put the whole team under pressure.
Old March 18, 2006, 01:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
Yo Sydney I don't think you would have wrote all of this had JO stayed till the 40th over. I can guarntee to yo if JO was not given out that would of happened. he probably would of been on 80(150).

Yo should of seen the chat room when he was given out.
yeah JO probably would have scored 80 out of 150 balls. and our scored would have been 250. 51 runs less than what they scored yesterday and why is that? because javed has already eaten up half of the innings...so the other batsmand did not have the chance to settle down and play their shots. they had to start attacking from the very beginning. and what would this mean that aftab ashraful habibul would have gone out cheaply. and all the javed lovers would start singing their song again... look look javed got 80 while the others werent even abel to score 20.
Old March 18, 2006, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Cant we just leave this old man out of the team...I have never seen a country's ppls cheers when their countryman get out. What a terrible cricketer he his!!
Old March 18, 2006, 01:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

I dont thing any1 is suggesting that JO should score run a ball. As some people saying, JO held 1 end and there was no need 4 him to score v quick, as SN was scoring on a high rate. As far i know, according 2 ODI, wen 1 batsman is scoring gud, the other 1 sud tek singles and let the set batsman face more balls.

His bodylanguage indicates hes gona block every single ball. I m not saying he sud b kicked out of the team, but he should realize, he needs 2 rotate the strike.
Old March 18, 2006, 01:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by fan_frm_the_uk
I dont thing any1 is suggesting that JO should score run a ball. As some people saying, JO held 1 end and there was no need 4 him to score v quick, as SN was scoring on a high rate. As far i know, according 2 ODI, wen 1 batsman is scoring gud, the other 1 sud tek singles and let the set batsman face more balls.

His bodylanguage indicates hes gona block every single ball. I m not saying he sud b kicked out of the team, but he should realize, he needs 2 rotate the strike.
yes very true. it is true that one man hits and the other man holds the other end. but that does not mean that he is prohibited from taking singles also!!!! he doesnt have to hit lofter drives or over the top of the fielders. he can take singles and give the strike the nafees. he doesnt have to wait for the over to end. that is really very dumb.