facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Also what's with these "Let's hire foreigners to play for us" threads? Last thing I want is a non-Bangladeshi playing for my country. Give me 11 Rakibul Hasans over a single foreigner any day.
Exactly. What's the point of talking about West Bengalis playing for us? Are we really that desperate? We got some good young players coming through the pipeline and we'll be a class side soon. No need to talk about bringing in West Bengalis.

Old May 25, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

This is a "what if" thread perfectly within the right of anyone to open and post in. The knee-jerk, reactionary assumption that just because we're pondering such an unlikely possibility in no way means we want them instead of our own players! Sorry, but I don't see that connection here at all. Nothing is mutually exclusive here, a purely hypothetical thread started out of our common heritage with West Bengalis.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 25, 2012, 06:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

My apologies if I came off as an asshole in my post. I didn't mean to. I just think it would be more productive discussing our future prospects rather then being hypothetical and talking about the West bengalis playing for Bangladesh. Since we do have common heritage with them, I think its better to talk about what prospects would be good for India rather then Bangladesh.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old May 25, 2012, 08:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I dont want foreigners to play for Bangladesh but Manoj Tiwary would be a great addition to the Bangladeshi team if he did pledge his alliance to Bangladesh.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Are thread-ta apar theke opare moved hoye gelo. Nice its an international topic now..

Last edited by cricheart; May 26, 2012 at 01:08 PM..
Old May 26, 2012, 12:20 PM
MLC World Series I

I wouldn't mind others playing for Bangladesh if they'd pledge their allegiance to our country.
Old May 29, 2012, 01:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Manoj tiwary is not a good player against a bowler who can even hit 140 mark. and moreover he doesn't have great technique to guts it out at international level.
Old May 29, 2012, 01:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champs
Manoj tiwary is not a good player against a bowler who can even hit 140 mark. and moreover he doesn't have great technique to guts it out at international level.
Other than Tamim, Shakib and youngsters like Bijauy, Rumman, Shubhagauto and Fazle Rabbi not quite in the team yet, EVERY Bangladeshi batsman has issues with pace and bounce, thanks to our pitiful pitches. So Manoj would fit right in.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 29, 2012, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Other than Tamim, Shakib and youngsters like Bijauy, Rumman, Shubhagauto and Fazle Rabbi not quite in the team yet, EVERY Bangladeshi batsman has issues with pace and bounce, thanks to our pitiful pitches. So Manoj would fit right in.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:07 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I too am stumped as to why he hasn't been considered more seriously by India. He has a FC average of 60+ and has 16 FC hundreds to date. I remember hearing that he had attitude problems when he was younger but with that record I wonder how much longer he can be ignored.
Dhoni can be strange sometimes with his preference. For example He loves Jadeja as much as Shakib loved Rockibul. Players like Raina and Jadeja got plenty of chances already and some of those opportunities could have certainly gone to Manoj Tiwary or Badrinath (who also has an FC average of 60)
Old June 9, 2012, 11:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Tiwary, Dinda, Shukla and Debabrata Das all would've have been good prospects. Interestingly enough, NONE of the first three have Bangali surnames. Those are Bihari and Ur'hia names.
Interesting. So Das is a bengali name? What about Chowdhury (in its ad infinitum spellings) and Sarkar? Are those bengali as well? I know there are many Chowdhury's amongst the Punjabis of Pakistan as well as the Sylhetis in Bangladesh. But I agree Tiwari, Dinda, Shukla don't really sound Bengali, but then again when you're used to associating only Perso-Arabic names with Bangalis its hard to tell between Ganguly/Gongopoddya (sp) and Dinda.

Hmm...I think it would be interesting to scope out the names of Bengal's cricketers and see them.

Btw, on topic, "NO", I am not in favor of poaching players to artificially strengthening our team. I don't even think its proper to consider someone like Jahid Ahmed (born in England) for national selection simply because we lack quality pacers. We have an abundance of players born in Bangladesh. Use them. Now if someone geniunely immigrates (Usman Khwaja), thats a different issue. And not cricket immigration like Sean Ervine or Kevin Pietersen.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 9, 2012, 11:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Btw, anyone notice a new Bengali muslim pacer who just turned out for India A during their current tour of West Indies? His name is Shami Ahmed and apparently he has pace. Did well in the first unofficial test this past week. Outperformed Dinda by taking 5-67 in the match.

#OneTeam1Dream