facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 3, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR
Thumbs up Proteas paceman Wayne Parnell converts to Islam

Quote:
JOHANNESBURG: South African fast bowler Wayne Parnell has converted to Islam after a period of personal study and reflection and will celebrate his 22nd birthday on Friday as a Muslim.

Parnell confirmed in a statement on Thursday that he converted to Islamic faith in January this year and is considering to change his name to Waleed, which means 'Newborn Son'.
"While I have not yet decided on an Islamic name I have considered the name Waleed which means Newborn Son, but for now my name remains Wayne Dillon Parnell. I will continue to respect the team's endorsement of alcoholic beverages. I am playing cricket in Sussex and this is my immediate focus," said Port Elizabeth-born Parnell.

"As I am approaching my first period of fasting, I ask that this special time is treated with respect. I am a young man, a professional cricketer by trade, and while I can appreciate and am grateful for the public interest in my personal life, my faith choice is a matter which I would like to keep private," said the promising Warriors left-arm seam bowler.

Proteas team manager Mohamed Moosajee, himself a Muslim, said Parnell's Muslim teammates Hashim Amla and Imran Tahir had not influenced his decision to convert from Christianity.

"Wayne already decided a few months ago to follow Islam," Moosajee said of the cricketer, who excelled during the ICC World Cup on the subcontinent.

"The decision to convert was his own decision, but I know nothing of the name change," added Moosajee.

Fellow players, preferring to remain anonymous, said they believed Parnell was very serious about his choice of religion and that he had not touched a drop of alcohol, forbidden to Muslims, since the recent Indian Premier League series.

Supporting Moosajee's denial of influence by Amla, the players said he had never attempted to convert them to his religion, although they had all been very impressed by the discipline and strict adherence that Amla showed to his religion, by refusing to participate in celebrations with them that involved liquor, staying steadfast in his daily prayers even while on tour, and refusing to wear the kit sponsored by South African beer brand Castle Lager.

In his first two years after making his debut for the Proteas in 2009, Parnell developed a hard-living reputation.

In October 2009, he was kicked out of the provincial side Warriors following an incident in a night club in the city of Port Elizabeth in the early hours of the morning.

He came to limelight when he captained South African Under-19 team in the U-19 World Cup in 2008. He was the youngest player to get a central contract in 2009 at the age of 20 years.

He is the second Christian to have reverted to Islam after Pakistan's Yousuf Yohana (now Mohammad Yousuf) in 2006.
Source:

Old October 3, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Looks like it's an old news. Sorry folks if this is a repetition. Prolly just got too enthusiastic.
Old October 3, 2012, 09:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Lol. After that he got arrested in a night club and yes it's an old news.
Old October 3, 2012, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Please only post the first few para and provide hyperlink back to the source.
Old October 3, 2012, 10:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Now if he could only convert himself into a good bowler
Old December 20, 2014, 06:12 AM
Street Cricketer

Ahhh... slow down a bit.Why not browse around some more, change your avatar, signature, profile or just read few more exciting posts before your very first post.Just wait a little longer before that historic first post!

Last edited by sashasuman; January 5, 2015 at 01:47 AM..
Old December 20, 2014, 06:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

well done Hashim Amla
Old December 20, 2014, 12:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashasuman
Just wait a little longer before that historic first post!

Alhamdulillah but that's quite an old story, bro.

Hope this isn't your very historic first and last post, though.
Old December 20, 2014, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

This more than a year ago.
Western conversions remain small,except for gaols where muslim evangelization is strong.

South Africa remains a firm christian nation like america,altho their are a number of religions,witchcraft is quite high there in many forms.Australia where i live muslim conversions are low except gaols,it is no longer a christian nation altho christian belief is still high so is that of buddhism.So don't think michael clarke will convert,lol.
Old December 21, 2014, 03:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
This more than a year ago.
Western conversions remain small,except for gaols where muslim evangelization is strong.

South Africa remains a firm christian nation like america,altho their are a number of religions,witchcraft is quite high there in many forms.Australia where i live muslim conversions are low except gaols,it is no longer a christian nation altho christian belief is still high so is that of buddhism.So don't think michael clarke will convert,lol.
Why not? This is another of those post-industrial, post-illuminati saga that keeps on perpetuating among the proletariat in the web. I for one wouldn't for a second put away this hypothesis. For instance, statistically speaking, the null vector ratio of the Lie derivative always approaches Euler's totient function. How do you account for that? Now obviously you will put in a "moon landing" fake argument, but ceteris paribus Jermainde Dupree[sick] never objected or objectified his intention about MJ reason to surround himself with self-patting acolytes and disciples. This obviously brings Latter Day Saint's movement to proselytize with Book of Mormon's beliefs. Now knowing your blind love for Afghanistan and speedmax whore of 150 miles per hour, let us turn this discussion to Laplacian transform shall we? So consider a module H, and take the subalgebra, and get the automorphism via Galois connection, and you get the miniscule details about Michael Clarke's growth of moustach rate per beard second. Multiply that with avocado and you get his religious gene's genom project that was supposed to be submitted to class past July. What happens than? Clarke is a Zoroaseasterain.
Old December 21, 2014, 04:21 PM
Banned

Why does he need to change his name ?
Old December 22, 2014, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Good post zeeshan.Actually their is a strong christian element in saffie sport,trugby and cricket, ab devilliers is a christian so are a number of team mates.
I have no idea who clarke would convert too.I know dave warner crossed himself with the bat after the emotional test,probably catholic.
Religion here muslims pro create a lot big families(some converts,most well known boxer anthony mundine),buddhism is the go to religion or fundamntalist christianity.There are some pagans a growing religion altho new age is still strong.
Who knows what twists and turns there are,i go to a medium flock of 80 in a pentacostal church altho know their are some largish mega churches like hillsong,megachurches quite big in s africa.
I guess thats the way of the future,altho live near a buddhist temple here quite popular in the wollongong area,people come from thousands of miles and overseas.
My family my dad was an atheist,my mother an agnostic,my sister a pagan,my brother and me christians and my other brother nominally buddhist.
So there is quite a spread here.

Bangladesh i gather is nominally muslim,not sure if sunni or shiite.Would be interested to know.
Old December 22, 2014, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Good post zeeshan.Actually their is a strong christian element in saffie sport,trugby and cricket, ab devilliers is a christian so are a number of team mates.
I have no idea who clarke would convert too.I know dave warner crossed himself with the bat after the emotional test,probably catholic.
Religion here muslims pro create a lot big families(some converts,most well known boxer anthony mundine),buddhism is the go to religion or fundamntalist christianity.There are some pagans a growing religion altho new age is still strong.
Who knows what twists and turns there are,i go to a medium flock of 80 in a pentacostal church altho know their are some largish mega churches like hillsong,megachurches quite big in s africa.
I guess thats the way of the future,altho live near a buddhist temple here quite popular in the wollongong area,people come from thousands of miles and overseas.
My family my dad was an atheist,my mother an agnostic,my sister a pagan,my brother and me christians and my other brother nominally buddhist.
So there is quite a spread here.

Bangladesh i gather is nominally muslim,not sure if sunni or shiite.Would be interested to know.
All are Sunni very few Shiite.
Old December 22, 2014, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Ok thanx.
Old December 22, 2014, 05:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

We're nominally Muslim and yet all we here about are war crimes tribunals and demands for blasphemy laws. Wonder what would happen if we were overtly Muslim.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 22, 2014, 08:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We're nominally Muslim and yet all we here about are war crimes tribunals and demands for blasphemy laws. Wonder what would happen if we were overtly Muslim.
Surprised tbh, because I remember reading an article of an atheist about growing up in Bangladesh as an atheist and it sounded pretty bad
Old December 23, 2014, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Atheism is a waste,i believe in faith,i respect agnostics who just don't know,i was an agnostic once,even after being brought up in the church.