facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 13, 2013, 03:26 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

ok.. i am not gonna say its a pathetic thread, pointless like others...because others did it already but here are my answers

1. No international cricket
(its not Papons fault u slept through the New Zealand tour)

2. DPL not organized properly
(The clubs are at faulty here no Papon.. they were having issues payment systems than it had to be delayed due to the rain season)

3. Cox Bazar stadium disaster
(from what I heard, it was purely the governments fault.. and they are still working on it)

4. Match fixing tribunal not formed
(ACSU!)

5. BPL third edition cancelled, players not paid
(Papon doesnt own the teams.... and cant do much if the company that owns the league doesnt pay BCB)

6. India tour promised but no action
(No action from BCCI?)

7. Election rigged
(kk i will give u this one....)

8. Coaches complaining lack of action and multitasking, quick decision making missing
(eh?????)

9. TV rights issues
(Interest from broadcasters were not there.. he cant do anything about that)

10. WT20 QUALIFICATION
(What is he BCCI chief?)

11. Ireland tour cancelled
(Good decision)

12. Zimbabwe tour not arranged
(If u live in BD, take a walk, if u live outside, read the newspaper)

13. SA was free, no contact done. Afghanistan complaining against his inaction.
(this makes no sense whatsoever)

Old November 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
how could u say this when he is mentioning all the mistake that papon did , and we all wouldbe wish we had a better president than mostofa kamal but certainly we did not , he did no effort to make any kinda series those 6 month of gap we have this year, he give priority to DPL which noone cares about around the world , only way we can get into top is playing more international game , and seems like thats not papon best agenda , BPL couldbeen organized 6 month ago but why papon trying to do this now , i would say BPL is more important now than odi and test bcz of world t20 , seems like its impossible now bcz of papon lazyness and for his careless act
One of the members highlighted the points accused already.
Still, since you were quoting me, I'll try to answer point by point as raised by the OP.

1. No international cricket
The Current FTP was designed and declared by the ICC during Mostafa Kamal's tenure as BCB head. If anything, voice should have been raised back then and after carefully analyzing the scheduling gaps and opportunities well in advance, the past BCB administration should have attempted to fill up the scheduling gaps for Bangladesh. By past, I mean the administrative team lead by Mostafa Kamal, not the Ad-Hoc Committee by Mr Nazmul Hossain.

We are neither lucrative nor established cricketing power that just because we have some free time in scheduling, Australia will catch the next flight to Dhaka once we invite them. As mentioned before, planning takes time and in our case, some persuasion.

This accusation can not be directly pointed towards Mr Papon.

Mismanagement in scheduling is nothing new and though he shares some of the blame, I see how it is a complete failure of Mr Nazmul Hasan.

If anything, he should be credited for actually having a physical stadium in Coxsbazar.
We were confirmed as the host of WC T20 2014 in 2010, again during the tenure of Mr Mostafa Kamal and absolutely nothing was done during his time.

The work for both Coxs Bazar and Sylhet stadium started and now being finished during Mr Papon's tenure, despite being appointed into the role in barely year and half prior to the world cup.

4. Match fixing tribunal not formed
Follow the news. Tribunal formed and already had their first meeting last Saturday.

Again, problem inherited than rather created by Mr Papon.
BPL was penned during Mr Kamal's tenure without any formal agreement between Board, Franchise and the Event Organizers. That was a mega mess he inherited and I thought did a decent enough job for atleast making sure the event took place last time despite the whole payment, pakistani player fiasco.
Plus his hard stance against the PCB was also commendable.

6. India tour promised but no action
India is not his nanubari.
We haven't toured India during the last 13 years and unlikely to tour anytime in the near future. No point raising fingers at him.

7. Election rigged
Debatable issue. Any election is about securing your votes through diplomacy and channels and I thought Mr Saber Hossain finally backed off seeing he did not have enough firepower to stage a comeback. He lost in the diplomacy part. As I say, debatable issue.

8. Coaches complaining lack of action and multitasking, quick decision making missing
Like ? Care to elaborate with examples ??

9. TV rights issues
Again, the Nimbus contract ended during early 2012 when Mr Kamal was in chair.
You can't simply expect the new president to come in, mostly as an Interim Chief, and expect to sign the most important contract. Specially after the previous experience, BCB ought to proceed carefully.

10. WT20 QUALIFICATION
Is it rather unfair and unconventional ? May be yes.
But if we can't beat the likes of Ireland and Afghanistan in our own soil, we might as well be on the sideline.

11. Ireland tour cancelled
We already toured them last year before the T20 World cup.
Which tour you are referring to ?

Again, arranging a tour isn't really a mamu barir abdar.

13. SA was free, no contact done. Afghanistan complaining against his inaction.
Gimme a freakin break.
Read newspaper first.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 13, 2013, 12:36 PM
Test Cricketer

We all agreed on few things here: BCB sucks in management and never foresee what could be an issue in the future. They act when it's too late.
The blame and responsibility always fall on current management , just like in any corporation, no matter what, the current CEO is to blame.
Old November 13, 2013, 01:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I have a feeling that this thread will keep on running despite it's lack of popularity because Papon khalu so far didn't look to have as mush control as Lootus uncleji had.
Old November 13, 2013, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Kotha shotto. Amar kache toththo ache.
Old November 13, 2013, 03:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I have a feeling that this thread will keep on running despite it's lack of popularity because Papon khalu so far didn't look to have as mush control as Lootus uncleji had.
Yes 1005 Khati kotha.

Papon Khalu should do the following to convert back from Zero to Hero like Lootus uncleji:
- Come up with some excuse and Force Gazi and Nasir to apolozise to him with a picture with one "haat dhore maaf" with another with paye dhore Maaf
- Proclaim that no match fixing was done, and keep those secret under the rug until new chairman comes.
- Announce a mega broadcasting deal with a fet to be formed Beximco broadcasting knowing that well there is no way it will fullfill the deal.
- Enforcing his influnce in national team selection and making sure his dauther's favorite player Imrul is selected.
- Making a background deal with Afganistan and Pakistan and promising yearly tour in those countries in excahnge for their vote for chairmanship for ACC.

The problem with Papon Khalu is, he refused to learn anything from Lootus uncleji. Therefore he have to deal with the bashing from Moha Mad Jii....
Old December 7, 2013, 10:34 PM
Banned for account abuse

BCB President delaying Board meeting, chief selector for own political interest

BCB sitting on chief selector

Sports Reporter

The Tigers return to business tomorrow and, to start with, will have some fitness training before engaging into the three-match T20 Challenge series.

The camp was scheduled to start today but the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has deferred it by a day due to hartal called by the opposition in the capital. The date of the first T20 match between the national team and the A team has also been changed.

The first match now will be held on December 11 instead of 10 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur while the second match is on December 12 and the third on December 14 at the same venue.

A busy schedule lies ahead of the Tigers in the next year at home. Their campaign starts with the series against Sri Lanka, who arrive in the capital on January 24 to play two Tests, three ODIs and two T20 Internationals.

And within a short break the Tigers will play the Asia Cup, also at home, starting from February 26. The regional event will be followed by the ICC World Twenty20, starting with the Bangladesh-Afghanistan match on March 16.

The board has already given captain Mushfiqur Rahim and head coach Shane Jurgensen long-term contracts keeping in mind the big challenges ahead including the World Cup in 2015, but still the team’s think-tank remains incomplete following BCB president Nazmul Hassan Papon’s unnecessary dilly-dallying regarding the appointment of the chief selector, a post that has remained vacant since Akram Khan resigned in September.

After the November 27 board meeting, the BCB boss hinted at a possible return for former chief selector Faruque Ahmed as he said: “Many names have been suggested and amongst them Faruque Ahmed has massive support. Minhazul Abedin and Khaled Mashud’s names have also come up. I will take a final decision soon.”

Many believe that Papon could have given his ruling in that meeting to confirm this vital appointment as most of the members were in favour of former national skipper Faruque.

But unfortunately ten days have gone by but the decision has not been taken yet. Many board insiders have pointed out that Papon’s own political business is behind the delay although he has been seen attending a number of corporate cricket events.

http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...hief-selector/
Old December 8, 2013, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Naimur - welcome to BC. Please post the news in only one thread and do not include the entire new item. Post only relevant excerpts and then provide hyperlink to the original source.

- As Admin
Old December 8, 2013, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Zunaid Bhai, I had a post relating to nchowdhury's latest thread. Seems it vanished somehow.

I assume that BC respects what it's contributors say. My post had a valid reason to survive I guess.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old December 8, 2013, 12:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
Zunaid Bhai, I had a post relating to nchowdhury's latest thread. Seems it vanished somehow.

I assume that BC respects what it's contributors say. My post had a valid reason to survive I guess.
Please respond to the topic here. I will PM you the content so you do not have to rewrite from memory
Old December 8, 2013, 05:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz

Mismanagement in scheduling is nothing new and though he shares some of the blame, I see how it is a complete failure of Mr Nazmul Hasan.

If anything, he should be credited for actually having a physical stadium in Coxsbazar.
We were confirmed as the host of WC T20 2014 in 2010, again during the tenure of Mr Mostafa Kamal and absolutely nothing was done during his time.

The work for both Coxs Bazar and Sylhet stadium started and now being finished during Mr Papon's tenure, despite being appointed into the role in barely year and half prior to the world cup.

BPL was penned during Mr Kamal's tenure without any formal agreement between Board, Franchise and the Event Organizers. That was a mega mess he inherited and I thought did a decent enough job for atleast making sure the event took place last time despite the whole payment, pakistani player fiasco.

7. Election rigged
Debatable issue. Any election is about securing your votes through diplomacy and channels and I thought Mr Saber Hossain finally backed off seeing he did not have enough firepower to stage a comeback. He lost in the diplomacy part. As I say, debatable issue. 11. Ireland tour cancelled
Replying your message won't make a big difference but I still want to say it.

at the same time last year during mostofa kamal presidency we didnt have international game for 4 month and guess what he arranged 3 series for us against Wi t&T , tri nation series against zimbabwe and south africa , and macthes against irish dutch and scotish , only 4 month , and this year we have gap for almost a six month but papon didn't arrange not even a single series for bangladesh , what a failure , and than the he cancelled the ireland tour so than he can put that expense money in his pocket

this year BPL was so important than even a any international series for bangladesh cz of the world t20 , yes BPL had payment problem so didnt they had in first edition too ? but they still manage the 2nd edition without much of problem , but this guy papon screwed over everything when we needed that tournament the most

saber hossain wouldbeen a 1000 times better president than papon , but saber found out that this guy papon used all his bangladesh awamilege power and his all 2numberi , so saber knew he cant become a president if this guy stay here , well if papon wanna call himself a true bcb presidnet than he should hold a bcb presidency election again

nz series was done more than month ago and still bangla fan had to wait for another international game almost nearly a 3 month , how devastating is this , and papon epsulately done nothing to arrange some matches for bd during this time

Last edited by Zunaid; December 8, 2013 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: fixed [/quote]
Old December 8, 2013, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz

7. Election rigged
Debatable issue. Any election is about securing your votes through diplomacy and channels and I thought Mr Saber Hossain finally backed off seeing he did not have enough firepower to stage a comeback. He lost in the diplomacy part. As I say, debatable issue. 11. Ireland tour cancelled

replying your messege wont make big difference but i still wanna say it

at the same time last year during mostofa kamal presidency we didnt have international game for 4 month and guess what he arranged 3 series for us against Wi t&T , tri nation series against zimbabwe and south africa , and macthes against irish dutch and scotish , only 4 month , and this year we have gap for almost a six month but papon didn't arrange not even a single series for bangladesh , what a failure , and than the he cancelled the ireland tour so than he can put that expense money in his pocket

this year BPL was so important than even a any international series for bangladesh cz of the world t20 , yes BPL had payment problem so didnt they had in first edition too ? but they still manage the 2nd edition without much of problem , but this guy papon screwed over everything when we needed that tournament the most

saber hossain wouldbeen a 1000 times better president than papon , but saber found out that this guy papon used all his bangladesh awamilege power and his all 2numberi , so saber knew he cant become a president if this guy stay here , well if papon wanna call himself a true bcb presidnet than he should hold a bcb presidency election again

nz series was done more than month ago and still bangla fan had to wait for another international game almost nearly a 3 month , how devastating is this , and papon epsulately done nothing to arrange some matches for bd during this time
But how can you relate that Papon is behind all of this

Last edited by Zunaid; December 8, 2013 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: fixed [/quote]
Old December 8, 2013, 08:39 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Papon is the Best BCB President evvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old December 8, 2013, 11:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Papon is the Best BCB President evvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
That's why no international game for 6 month , nd now 3 month , coxbazar stadium not ready lost huge money on tourism their r so many more just dont wanna write all these
Old December 16, 2013, 03:38 AM
Street Cricketer

Please delete this thread
Old December 18, 2013, 03:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamad97
Please delete this thread
But why?

Shara deshe poribortoner hawa.... etai to perfect somoi ...
Old January 10, 2014, 05:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Past is past...we already heard your voices..... but based on current difficult situation in Bangladesh and the upcoming tour (SL, Asian Cup, World Cup T20), are you happy with his current approach and activities?

Because next few months are very critical time for Bangladesh cricket: are we going to be SL during their civil war or Pakistan when nobody will visit us?

Is Papon the right person? Do you think he will make the right decision and avoid pitfall?
Old January 11, 2014, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Is Papon the right person? Do you think he will make the right decision and avoid pitfall?
Well, I would surely give credit to Mr. Papon to convinced Sri Lanka not to cancel their tour of Bangladesh yet, which is very vital to keep the Asia Cup and the WCT20 in Bangladesh. His failure could have end of international cricket in Bangladesh like Pakistan cricket IMHO.

So, kudos to Mr. Papon and BCB

'One incident could destroy us'
Old January 12, 2014, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

I loved the way Papon handled the incident.

He never said: "Oh come-on, we are still in peace" and garbage like that. He was hopeful that there will be no mishaps but also warned that if anything happened then it will be a major setback for cricket in Bangladesh. Also kudos for him to manage everything with a lot of sanity, only Allah knows what Loitta would have done about it. That guy was ready to sell out our cricket team just for the sake of being nominated as ICC VP
Old January 12, 2014, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

seems lots of papon fan here. i am not gonna bash him but i am not a fan of him either
Old January 12, 2014, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Credit must be given where it's due and Papon surely deserves some here for convincing all the boards, ACC and ICC to still have hopes on us; because what happened in the last few of months could have easily taken away all these events to come.
Old January 12, 2014, 06:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
seems lots of papon fan here. i am not gonna bash him but i am not a fan of him either
Max100,

Now it's not a matter of "are you a fan of him or not". And it's not the full evaluation that I am asking for. I am asking this question for very selfish reason as a Bangladesh cricket fan. I am worried about our near future. One mistake by BCB management may screw us for long time.

Papon is making some moves in this regard.... it may work out or not. But do you feel comfortable with these moves and result (so far) and do you feel comfortable right now with his leadership? That is the question I am asking.

For example you can still continue to love or hate Papon, that's already discussed and that's not what I am asking from my fellow members here.

Last edited by Fazal; January 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM..
Old January 13, 2014, 04:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Max100,

Now it's not a matter of "are you a fan of him or not". And it's not the full evaluation that I am asking for. I am asking this question for very selfish reason as a Bangladesh cricket fan. I am worried about our near future. One mistake by BCB management may screw us for long time.

Papon is making some moves in this regard.... it may work out or not. But are you feel comfortable with these moves and result (so far) and do you feel comfortable right now with his leadership? That is the question I am asking.

For example you can still continue to love or hate Papon, that's already discussed and that's not I am asking from my fellow members here.
Well said bro. None of us here are Papon fans. We dislike him for his failure to arrange several series, but we also need to give him due credit for his stance regarding the match fixing scandals as well as security matter.

Apart from from Saber chowdhury, we have not really had any Board President who took such matters seriously.
Old January 13, 2014, 11:52 AM
Test Cricketer

He does not need to be credited specially for doing what is right for BD cricket.
No one forced him into this postilion.

Doing the right thing and taking the right decision is part of his responsibility. Otherwise, any Jack can run BCB.
Old January 13, 2014, 03:47 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Despite his incompetence, I like his attitude against the foreign boards. He doesnt really kneel down to anyone be it BCCI, PCB, SLC. He does try to convince these boards into taking a decision his favor but he stands his ground after a certain level. He doesnt make a lot of empty promises either.