facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 28, 2016, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Anamul is a far better cricketer than Soumya

Better at rotating strike. Can play spin, a better fielder and more importantly knows more than one gear.

Yes better footwork.

Heck Jahurul would have done better than Soumya

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Old February 28, 2016, 12:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Soumya's batting is far better than Anamul in Odis.

Soumya's batting in test has been poor BUT Anamul's stats weren't that great either if not worse.

Soumya's fielding is great. Everyone has one/two off days..but overall he's a good fielder. Don't forget even Anamul has also dropped catches. However it doesn't mean Anamuls a poor fielder either.

And yeah in T20 Soumya hasn't been up to the mark. That's for sure. Anamul is better than Soumya in terms of stats.

And last..
I believe Soumya has a problem in RBW but still he can milks the singles comperatably better than Anamul. I mean he finds the gap well. If Soumya is poor at Rotating the strike..Anamul is the worst.

So OVERALL who do you think is better CRICKETER Here..MHRAM

I know you are a great fan of Anamul and waiting for this moment when Soumya will fall..

Go TIGERS GO...
Old February 28, 2016, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Before the asia cup id have taken anamul over mithun. Anamul/Soumya opening combo woulda been great.
Old February 28, 2016, 12:41 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Soumia will come good. He has to. He is too good a player to miss out in t20. He is having a horrible time but i am not giving up on him.
Old February 28, 2016, 12:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Anamul fans are like kind of Ashraful fans... never give up.... always looking for hole to plug him in.

Old days are over... this will not work under Haturu daa...if Anamul indeed to come back, he need to prove in non-national games that he has rectified his flaws.... and we know very well what are the flaws that is preventing him in the national team.
Old February 28, 2016, 12:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Soumia will come good. He has to. He is too good a player to miss out in t20. He is having a horrible time but i am not giving up on him.
Me too.

Why did the selectors get rid off Liton and Anamul and brought Nurul?

What did Nurul do? Sorry did not keep up with the domestic cricket.

Can someone enlighten me?
Old February 28, 2016, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Soumya>>Anamul in ODI's
Anamul>>Soumya in T20's
Both no good for test.
Old February 28, 2016, 12:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Replacing one mediocrity with another in this format. Only difference is Soumya won't waste deliveries to get dismissed leaving the other batsmen more overs to work with, and the other will score a run a ball or less to leave us with a below-par score of 120-130. We have all seen what Anamul is capable of during the BPL and Zim series but we are all obsessed with him because of 1-2 innings early in his career and some domestic bullying (we all know how are domestic bullies end up).
Old February 28, 2016, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Anamul is no where close to Soumya in fielding.

Watch Soumya's body language, he is one of those types......... He genuinely enjoys fielding. Ground fielding, boundary fielding, reaction fielding, long and athletic. Just the total package.

The slip drops, yeah, that still has me scratching my head. But these are the type of guys, when they find a chink in their armor, they go back to the nets and practice till they fix their deficiencies.

Soumya, Shabbir and Nasir are in a class of their own when it comes to cricket fielding.

With THAT out of the way, yeah, I suppose Anamul was not given a fair shake in T20s. He could perhaps be there instead of Mithun.
Old February 28, 2016, 12:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Ahhh, these knee-jerk-reaction threads are fun to see
Old February 28, 2016, 12:50 PM
Test Cricketer

I am not sold on Anamul. But soumya is a class apart. He will be able perform like odi's
Old February 28, 2016, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Soumya tries too many shots in the air. Got to play down the ground more. Not impressed
Old February 28, 2016, 12:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Me too.

Why did the selectors get rid off Liton and Anamul and brought Nurul?

What did Nurul do? Sorry did not keep up with the domestic cricket.

Can someone enlighten me?

Not sure.

But after watching all four play, Nurul is the best Wicket Keeper followed by Litton. Ramim and Anamul are distant 3rd and 4th. Purely from wicket keeping point of view Nurul is the best.

btw I still believe in Litton and hopefully he will come back strong next time. I like both of them as our future prospect. Not sure yet how good/bad a batsman Nurul is. These few overs in T20 doesn't give me a good feeling about his batting capability.
Old February 28, 2016, 12:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
The slip drops, yeah, that still has me scratching my head...
Even the best of slip catchers drops/dropped MANY catches. Shabbir, him took BD fielding to a different level.
Old February 28, 2016, 12:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
I am not sold on Anamul. But soumya is a class apart. He will be able perform like odi's
Anamul can't rotate the strike. Bogs down one end and creates pressure.
Old February 28, 2016, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

i forgot to add T20s up there.

And I am no fan of Anamul first of all. Never was really. But in T20s i felt he was definitely a better player. And these Mithuns and Nuruls have never done much to be considered for BD team. Anamul has performed in T20s for his country. Point being, Anamul has several gears and his RBW is better.

Problem with soumya is that, he has only one gear to bat with and in T20Is that is an absolutely liability. On decent wickets, Soumya is always going to struggle lot. Now if Soumya is going to be slotted in just on the basis of ODI form then something wrong.

But Soumya has the backing of ODI performance and good outfielding atleast. What is Mithun doing in the team. Nurul has dissappointed against the better sides.
Old February 28, 2016, 01:01 PM
Test Cricketer

I think Soumya needs Tamim at the other end rather than mithun chakrabarty to feel at ease tackling all the disco dancing.
Old February 28, 2016, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Not sure.

But after watching all four play, Nurul is the best Wicket Keeper followed by Litton. Ramim and Anamul are distant 3rd and 4th. Purely from wicket keeping point of view Nurul is the best.

btw I still believe in Litton and hopefully he will come back strong next time. I like both of them as our future prospect. Not sure yet how good/bad a batsman Nurul is. These few overs in T20 doesn't give me a good feeling about his batting capability.
And what made you so confident about Liton's ability? Nurul is a far better batsman than Liton
Old February 28, 2016, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Anamul can't rotate the strike. Bogs down one end and creates pressure.
Yet has a T20I record which is only inferior to that of Shabbir. His last innings against Zimbabwe in november was on the slower side but the entire team failed and he was holding one end up, not a great innings though afterall. And when did you ever see Soumya rotating the strike. Most of soumya's runs are from boundaries and when he does try to rotate the strike he gets himself runout. I am not hating Soumya, but in this format i feel that Soumya just isn't making the cut.

The reason why he is failing is because he uses the same mindset in T20s and ODIs. now obviously, his style is more suited for T20s. But whats the issue? Well, in ODIs, if you are able to take the attack to the bowler, they are caught off-guard. No one expects you to go after every ball.

At the same time in T20s, the bowlers is constantly expecting you to charge at you and hence they adjust accordingly and the field is set up that way. Mind you, in the 1st T20 against SA, they put a fielder at mid wicket for his pull shot and the ball went straight into his hands. Also, i must add. In T20Is, you need to be quick between the wickets and better at judging the singles
Old February 28, 2016, 01:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
And what made you so confident about Liton's ability? Nurul is a far better batsman than Liton
Becuase he is young, he is decent wicket keeper and he has passed all previous hurdle that a young player need to pass before coming to the national team. He is also recognized by BD cricket professionals as one of the new talent to look for. His game with the bat good is solid but lack some off-site shots.

That's why personally I still believe in Litton. No reason to give up on him soo early.
Old February 28, 2016, 01:49 PM
Test Cricketer

How did Anamul do on last bpl?
Old February 28, 2016, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Becuase he is young, he is decent wicket keeper and he has passed all previous hurdle that a young player need to pass before coming to the national team. He is also recognized by BD cricket professionals as one of the new talent to look for. His game with the bat good is solid but lack some off-site shots.

That's why personally I still believe in Litton. No reason to give up on him soo early.
Oh please. Liton scored heavily only in one season. Is that the benchmark for playing in national team? Why not let him build himself more before throwing him in? Another year or so would not make a lot of difference. He could debut with much more strong gameplay. I really don't get the need to throw players immediately into the deep end and destroy their careers.
Old February 28, 2016, 01:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Anamul lacks footwork, technique.
Liton cant play offside.
Mithun is a walking wicket
Imrul is good for test

Anyone else?
Old February 28, 2016, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Anamul's footwork is ok-ish for LO. Just needs to rotate strike more.
Old February 28, 2016, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Anamul's footwork is ok-ish for LO. Just needs to rotate strike more.
You question Litton's talent and then you say something like this (above)... I don't know how seriously I should take your comments.

Anamul is talented no doubt and he had some success, but Anamul feet movement is non existent... not ok at all.