facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 26, 2018, 06:57 AM
Cricket Savant

BDFlag Invest in sports psychologist

Sports psychology is another we seriously need to invest. I mean it's not ajaira self-talk and breathing exercises and visualization. The ENTIRE point of sports psychology is to gain complete and full control over your body so that with cues, self-talk, affirmations, positive, breathing exercises, visualization, imagery you enter flow state at will.

And if you wanna create a team of special forces and Navy SEAL you gotta be one yourself. Look at India. Entire team is full if alphas. Granted they got attitude problem but on any give day, any single player like Sehwag at Mirpur, Rohit, Tendulkar, Kohli, Dhawan, Yuvraj can take us apart. Even peewees like Panday.

Amader alpha k? Papon? lol Nannu? Sujon?

See, self-image matters. The way you treat yourself translates how you treat others. If you wake up and all you see in the mirror is a fat --- then damn right you will be bitter and resentful. It also shows your attitude towards life. Heck I am all for fat shaming. That basically means you said f it. I quit. Life is not worth living.

Life is a beautiful gift. Being ripped is not just for cosmetic purpose. The self-discipline shows your attitude towards life.

Akhon Tamim Shakib ra super fit -athletic wise- and now some cuck like Akram who doesn't take care of his body comes ... aar khobor dari kore, tayle it is understandable why they will be pissed off.

I mean lead by action ffs.

Speaking of sports psychology I was at Toronto zoo and for 20 minutes studies the silver back gorillas.

First of all, in terms of pure brute strength gorillas would rule the world. I mean FFS our most packed and strongest aggro fighter like GSP or Conor McGregregor would get s---ted on like no time. Of course we humans got the edge in terms of intellect... but self-image matters.

So if you are big and bulky like a frikkin 400 pound gorilla, damn right you will intimidate your opponent. Now imagine a TEAM full of alphas.

Look at Windies. I know we clowned them. But people like Braithwaite, Pollard, Gaye are so built, and frikkin jacked they can single-handedly turn the game around with pure brute force.

Akhon amra holo more subtle. We use our incisive intelligent, attrition from SLAs to spike up the RRR to win games by choking and wearing our opponents. Which is all fine and dandy. But imagine if our physique and brawn PERFECTLY complemented our intelligence.

We will be superheros. And that is exactly how it should be. That's what self-actualization is. Hatbo na, gym korbo na... body builder der matha mota...eishob bolle to hobe na dadas.

Also as a coach you gotta think unconventionally. I know some NFL coach forced their players to stitch a leather ball from scratch. Another forced their kids to mingle with cheer-leaders to get out of comfort zone.

Akhon ami jodi as a coach giye boli je oder chiriya khanay niye jete hobe, so that they study all the beasts and get a FEEL for primal instincts and nature, amader ENLIGHTENED board bolbe:

faizlami koroner jayga pau na.... JAU net-ey giya aro thris ghonta practice koro. Jottoshob.

p.s. To combine diet with self-image I was really surprised that how gorillas can be so bulked up and huge when all they consume is frikkin grass.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old August 26, 2018, 08:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Nice to see you back Zee. We missed you.
Old August 26, 2018, 09:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Thank you Sadi bhai.

After writing the original post, now I know how Al-Furqaan feels... lol!

Old August 26, 2018, 10:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Only bad news while you were gone: BK is gone.

Welcome back.
Old August 26, 2018, 10:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Amader alpha k? Papon? ...
Surely I read:

Al Capone.
Old August 26, 2018, 12:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Only bad news while you were gone: BK is gone.

Welcome back.
The way you said it you gave me a heart-attack. Hoping to find out what happened in Forget Cricket forum.

And thank you.

Old August 26, 2018, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Will Sports psychology work on our boys? most of them don't hardly speak/understand English.

Unless there are some Bengali ones willing to do that job?
Old August 26, 2018, 04:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Will Sports psychology work on our boys? most of them don't hardly speak/understand English.

Unless there are some Bengali ones willing to do that job?
I am not as concerned about the language barrier as much as the application and sustainability.

Remember it's not a hack or once in a lifetime flash in the pan thing. It's a lifestyle and a process.

Besides all our 'seniors' use fluent if not posh language.

Heck in this day and age it's a BLASPHEMY if an athlete does NOT use it. It's not a luxury but imperative.

All peak performing Olympic athletes use it. As did the great. The difference is people like Pele with computer brain INTERNALIZED it. These people fantasized and obsessed over their craft all night long.

Ash took Quantum Method and used 'monochobi'. He was also mocked by an all knowing BC member for using self talk as being "psycho".

A person who says it cannot be done shouldn't interrupt...

The day Sehwag scored fastest 300 commentators said he used TM with another player.

Phil Jackson was notorious for using a candle in dark room to focus with native American techniques. Admittedly he went overboard with the whole five men Tai chi thing but look at the rewards he reaped.

I highly recommend the classic The Mental Edge. I got scores of resources but I am away from home.

Old August 26, 2018, 07:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Helped England in one dayers.
Old August 26, 2018, 09:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Helped England in one dayers.
Curious as to the details...

Old August 26, 2018, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

good to see you back. Been a while since you posted
Old August 26, 2018, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

After and during last world cup they had a psychologist.
And England reinvented itself.
And I think that was due to a sports psychologist.

Now 350 is the new norm where it was 270/330.
Now Australia has dropped they are getting 270 when they need 270/330.
EVen Scotland has come to a new height set England 380 and ENgland got from memory 360.
Their is a new standard.
400 not far off with power hitters.
Old August 27, 2018, 05:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
good to see you back. Been a while since you posted
Thank you very much sir.

Old August 27, 2018, 05:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
After and during last world cup they had a psychologist.
And England reinvented itself.
And I think that was due to a sports psychologist.

Now 350 is the new norm where it was 270/330.
Now Australia has dropped they are getting 270 when they need 270/330.
EVen Scotland has come to a new height set England 380 and ENgland got from memory 360.
Their is a new standard.
400 not far off with power hitters.
Lol so much for details. That actually doesn't answer my question.

So I kinda Googled cricket and sports psychology.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=crick...obile&ie=UTF-8

Old August 27, 2018, 05:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Amader all knowing atel marka arm chair bc bashider k j khuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub ekta told you so mere dite ichhes korche Jay's dadas

Either kothata ami bolle are moja lagto na.

Read.

From the link above.

sport’s greatest contests.
'I think ability is a 10 to 20 per cent requirement, you need 80 to 90 per cent mental strength.'
Glenn McGrath, former Australian cricketer

'Cricket is a game that obviously requires talent, but when talent is equal, as it so often is, the formula for success comes from strength of mind.'

Er jonnoi amader deshta eto pise ase. Try to be open minded and receptive and cultivate humility. Shov jene boshe achi amon bhaab dekhale jibone kisui shikhba na.

Ar tachara eta to qitab er kothata na. Eta COMMON SENSE.

It's a META SKILL. Heck there are documented cases of sportsman applying the skillset they learned in field to cure cancer.

Teach a man how to fish...

Shobari blindspots ache. Kom beshiie. Amar khali Kom. Because I judge less and assume less. Meh hazards of omphaloskepsis I guess.
Old August 27, 2018, 05:56 AM
Test Cricketer

https://www.dhakatribune.com/uncateg...d-over-matters

I remember this guy working briefly with the Bangldeshi cricketers before the world cup.

https://www.alipeakperformance.com/about

Australian performance psychologist Phil Jauncey also had few sessions with the Bangladeshi players.

http://www.banglanews24.com/index.ph...w-psychologist

https://www.philjauncey.com.au
Old August 27, 2018, 06:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Old August 30, 2018, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Very timely thread, Zeeshan:

Quote:
Hassan said the BCB was prepared to bring in outside help, in the form of a psychologist, to address such issues. Also, he said, the board is considering social media restrictions on tours, but ultimately the responsibility to behave in an appropriate manner lay with the players.
Sabbir Rahman in danger of another lengthy ban
Old August 30, 2018, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Thanks Farhad.

Acha Sabber ki amader bad boy, Gerard-Butler-in-Den-of-Thieves, IDGAF, counnterculture, one-man-against-sea-of-crowd-in-Times-Square Chad?

Old August 30, 2018, 04:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Also I am bit confused as to if a psychologist is coming or a sports psychologist. I mean Sabber lying in couch with a shrink gushing out childhood weaning habits and unfulfilled potty training in front of a cranky lady in pant-suits with Bob-cut hair and librarian glass... I'd pay to see though I much prefer players clocking in a disciplined polysensory visualization routine and breath control.

Old August 30, 2018, 04:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Also I am bit confused as to if a psychologist is coming or a sports psychologist. I mean Sabber lying in couch with a shrink gushing out childhood weaning habits and unfulfilled potty training in front of a cranky lady in pant-suits with Bob-cut hair and librarian glass... I'd pay to see though I much prefer players clocking in a disciplined polysensory visualization routine and breath control.
The only psychological training I would pay to see them doing is climbing Mt. Everest
Old August 30, 2018, 04:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Thank you so much Shadow for those links. Gold!

It is so refreshingly pleasant and positive to see so much going on behind the scenes which we public know nothing of!

FWIW, an ancillary point I'd like to mention - and a bit off topic- I am equally flabbergasted and pleased with our board havin' our backs after Nidahas. I know we vilify our board, but they got it right at Sri Lanka. I think Mr Papon was the one who said how the deck was loaded entirely against us by Lankans and we didn't even have pleasant, basic amenities.

THIS is exactly how it should be.

Grill your players all you may at home but in battlefield back them up. Ultimately one's dharma should be principles (niti). It's not about being blindly and moronically neutral and vilify your own players just for the sake of vilifying them and khobordari. Rather an impartial judge (ergo coach/management) is she who calls bull--- out when she sees one fit.

In the past, this was egregiously lacking in our forum. Heh! Others would fault, and we'd grill our own players for nothing. Is this any wonder that it frustrates their psyche? And this no doubt plays a bearing on a player's psychological performance. As if the sentiment is "jai kori na kano, dosh amader."

Give me a break FCS!

There is a time and place for being overtly neutral and time for doing the right thing at the right time.

To drive home the point I remember watching an African-American family drama (I am pretty sure Fresh Prince of Bel Air) where the Mom (or Dad?) tore a h--- of police officers for racially (and abusively!!) imprisoning their kids and completely and entirely backed them up like a matured adult.

But then they came home and massacred Carlton or Will at home for breaking the law or something. (And we ALL know how Carlton is like...)

This is called leadership homey.

WE Bangladeshis have lot to learn.

Old September 1, 2018, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

It looks like the players need a psychologist with some insight into the pressures of going from relative anonymity to national stardom in a short period of time. Whether that is a shrink, or someone from a sports background, there is clearly a large issue that the BCB has so far been unable to grapple with.
Old September 1, 2018, 08:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Welcome back James!

In certain ways I feel proud that your posting in my thread first after hiatus! Please stay around.

Old September 1, 2018, 08:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by James90
It looks like the players need a psychologist with some insight into the pressures of going from relative anonymity to national stardom in a short period of time. Whether that is a shrink, or someone from a sports background, there is clearly a large issue that the BCB has so far been unable to grapple with.
On point, absolutely! And besides that is with everyone. Even in Hollywood sex and drugs can destroy everyone unless one stays grounded and humble.

Look at frikkin Brady. A GOAT who leads a team full of brawny macho alpha males and YET he is so down to earth and humble and loved by everyone.

Also speaking of going to foreign countries and adapting and adjusting do you think a sports psychologist can help with that? I am pretty sure the reason why our away sheet is atrocious cuz we get overwhelmed....

Dude. It doesn't matter Agargaon or in a club full of white, blonde, leggy girls on stilettos in skirts in Bevery Hills throwing themselves over some meatblocks or even in Oscar's where everyone is rich, famous and successful with their dream gals , IF you can walk into there and have an attitude you OWN that place with BODY LANGUAGE that's far more important than say some hacks or tweaks. And yet we underappreciate this mental aspect like a moron thinking it is 'watery' and 'vague'.

Equalizer mentality yo.

Why do you think animals are territorial and mark their territory? It's PRIMAL.

As sports psychologist says, when you are in your court, that's YOUR court. YOU own it. YOU are the Calipha of Baghdad who oversees the entire night city like a vigilante fakir. (My aritstry.)

And if we have what? 60,000 thoughts a day. Everytime you miscue or throw wides, if every time you are beating yourself down to death by saying "IDIOT. I am such an idiot. What a loser!!! I am such a loser!!" Damn right it will affect your game.

We used to say "Ash drops a catch and smiles."

You MORON. That's EXACTLY what you are supposed to do. You are supposed to shrug it off and not let it affect in your 4th quarter . Don't think you know it all. At least try to cultivate humility and grow.

Just like overconfidence is a killer, so is underconfidence.

Don't be disingenuously, self-flagellatingly, self-loathingly "modest" all in the name of "faux" humility.

See eye to eye.

Nijeke humble humble bhaab kore pochano is NOT a credit or virtue. Heck that even smacks of EGO.

Amra Bangalider asholei self-esteem, healthy self-imager obhaabh. And thus I harp about fitness.

If you pay your dues, damn right you will feel superior than others without having to prove yourself than 99% of Bangali beta males who doesn't take care of the bodies, toilakto bhuri bair hoia thake, voice a confidence nai etc etc.

The sword not drawn...

I know I overdo the alpha thing. But it matters. As a nation, we are a nation full of betas. Not only that majority of Americans/West are sheeples. Only 5%-10% of the populace are leaders.

Ultimately it doesn't matter about nation or race, but how your really carry yourself. How you - as an individual- maximize your resources (just like those E60 documentaries where people who come from nothing (kinda like Harden from Compton)) who DEVELOPS their MIND first.

Last edited by Zeeshan; September 1, 2018 at 10:22 AM..