facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Is Mushfiq a coward?
Yes 12 34.29%
No 23 65.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26, 2014, 10:52 PM
MLC World Series I

Default Is Mushfiq a coward?

I was convinced that Mushfiq was the right guy to lead these bunch of imbeciles until the WC 2015. And to a degree, still do, as there is no one in the squad other than Shakib who has the leadership skills.

But since the last month, he has been absolutely rubbish. He has demonstrated qualities, that a leader SHOULD NOT possess. Has no courage to take a stand against the so called senior players and their attitudes, no courage to drop the non-performing players, not utilizing the better players despite the clear evidence, no preparation, nothing!

If a captain of a ship is a pussy, his crews will without a doubt, do whatever they wish and it is only a matter of time that the ship sails off course. And this is exactly, what has happened.

Mushfiq's press statements are doing more harm than good. His comrades think lowly of him and think there will be no consequence, irrespective of their performance since the leader is always backing them up.

Even if Mushy becomes all tough and tries to instill discipline, do you think the players will put up with that, since Mushy showed his true colors? I am afraid, not!

Old March 26, 2014, 11:19 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

definitely not
Old March 26, 2014, 11:25 PM
Test Cricketer

This type of knee jerk threads need to stop. This is just a sport and we should realize our potential.
Old March 26, 2014, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

What? Coward? Mushfiq was the one who blasted the selectors and the lazy cricketers infront of the media.

He ofcourse, is a poor man to lead the side.
Old March 27, 2014, 12:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

"Coward" is a wrong choice of word.

He is a 'defensive', 'soft' and 're-active' kind of person. As a captain, it is equally important to be friendly with team mates and to be strict on any sort of indiscipline at the same time. His statement like this 'what players will think if I don't include them in main XI' certainly shows his inability to handle team's goal over personal bonding.
Old March 27, 2014, 12:05 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
What? Coward? Mushfiq was the one who blasted the selectors and the lazy cricketers infront of the media.

He ofcourse, is a poor man to lead the side.
Very true.
Old March 27, 2014, 12:17 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
"Coward" is a wrong choice of word.

He is a 'defensive', 'soft' and 're-active' kind of person. As a captain, it is equally important to be friendly with team mates and to be strict on any sort of indiscipline at the same time. His statement like this 'what players will think if I don't include them in main XI' certainly shows his inability to handle team's goal over personal bonding.
I very much agree. A captain always strives for a balance but what you mentioned just now, his inability to differentiate, doesn't portray the traits of a coward?

I am not labelling him one! He has certainly stood up like MHRAM said but otherwise he has buckled up when it matters the most..

I am just asking if he is one because I am a fan of Mushy and its just that I cant decipher what he is upto!
Old March 27, 2014, 12:23 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonglababu
This type of knee jerk threads need to stop. This is just a sport and we should realize our potential.
Please do explain, how this is a knee jerk thread? I have posted this after a considerable amount of time, that is, SL tour and WT20 qualifiers.
Old March 27, 2014, 12:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Mit'hu is many things but not a coward. He's stupid,egotistical, provincial, mean spirited and nepotistic, but never afraid with the bat.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 27, 2014, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't think Mushy is a coward; he just lacks captaincy skills when it comes to field setting, bowling change and inspiring the team.
Old March 27, 2014, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

He is defensive not a coward. Wrong choice of words.
Old March 27, 2014, 03:11 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Mushy is not a coward. He lacks tactical knowledge as captain but as a player he is 100% committed and a fighter with the bat.
Old March 27, 2014, 03:47 AM
Administrator

When he first debuted at a tender age of 15 against at Lords against the pace battery of Flintoff, Harmison, and Hoggard his steely composure in staying at the crease while things were collapsing around him received fulsome praise from the English press. While he did not score a lot, he faced more balls than anyone else in the innings.

Yup, he is no coward. Wrong adjective to use here.
Old March 27, 2014, 04:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Young man just didnt watched or enjoyed enough cricket as a FAN to know the game.
Old March 27, 2014, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

He is not coward but he lacks creative tactics on the right moment, also seems like he is afraid of taking risk as a captain when a game needs so much tactical moves and bit creative thougts.
Old March 27, 2014, 08:11 AM
Test Cricketer

The other side of the coin is, he is told to do certain things by upper management, therefor his hand are tied.
Old March 27, 2014, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
The other side of the coin is, he is told to do certain things by upper management, therefor his hand are tied.
I don't think upper management tells Mushy to not bowl out Shakib, bring in Farhad Reza to bowl a critical over or give Zia the penultimate over in a match. Let's just admit the fact, Mushy does not have captaincy material and needs to be removed ASAP.
Old March 27, 2014, 08:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
I don't think upper management tells Mushy to not bowl out Shakib, bring in Farhad Reza to bowl a critical over or give Zia the penultimate over in a match. Let's just admit the fact, Mushy does not have captaincy material and needs to be removed ASAP.
I am not defending Mushy in any way. I want him gone as the captain.
BD politics is another factor, that's all I am saying.
Old March 27, 2014, 08:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
I am not defending Mushy in any way. I want him gone as the captain.
BD politics is another factor, that's all I am saying.
Rahim was the captain under different management: from coaches to chief selector to BCB Chairman... he was always a meen-meena captain and a bad tractician as a captain. The hope was he will slowly develop. But, it never happened, in top of it he is developing some ugly triats and some of his uglyness is slowly getting exposed.

So I think whateevr you are seeing is the true shortcomming of Rahim, nothing to do with BCB. I am not saying that BCB is not at fault for team's performance, but their faults are elsewhere.
Old March 27, 2014, 08:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Rahim has a duel personality. As a batsman he is nowhere near "coward" and close to "brave". On the other hand as capatin he is no where near "brave"... the other side of bravery... you can call it coward, (or if its a strong word for you), soft, mean-meana, put-puta, cry baby, drama queen, whatever word you come up with.
Old March 27, 2014, 09:25 AM
MLC World Series I

Reading some of the opinions, I need to point out the fact that I was questioning Mushy as a captain and not, Mushy the batsman!
Old March 27, 2014, 10:18 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Mushy the captain may not be striking, but I wouldn't call him a coward. We have seen Mushy raising his voice several times over the years for his teammates..He openly criticized BPL policies when his team got eliminated from the tournament because of some adverse rules. He had the guts to condemn selection policies.

He is a brave guy but his captaincy require enhancements and obviously need to treat new comers with reverence
Old March 27, 2014, 11:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
When he first debuted at a tender age of 15 against at Lords against the pace battery of Flintoff, Harmison, and Hoggard his steely composure in staying at the crease while things were collapsing around him received fulsome praise from the English press. While he did not score a lot, he faced more balls than anyone else in the innings.

Yup, he is no coward. Wrong adjective to use here.
Remember the SA series? He was the only one who batted with courage. Coward is an insulting word. He is many things ( May even have a Napoleonic complex ) but not a coward. Incompetent perhaps, but not coward.
Old March 27, 2014, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

He lacks resolve, not bravery.
Old March 27, 2014, 01:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: fizz, Shakib,SS,Tamim

He is not a captain who can make difficult choices and clearly we need some difficult decisions to get this team up and running right now. I never liked him as a captain and certainly I am not going to start right now. He is a poor choice of captain for T20 games. We need some one like Shakib to lead our T20 team. Our T20 team should be a totally different team than Tests or ODI teams. I don't like the timing of Papon's comment but I think they are thinking rightly to make those changes after the world cup.