facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old February 26, 2015, 09:40 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Yah Furqaan talk nah!

Learn your place in world cricket and spare us from your empty ramblings.

Old February 26, 2015, 09:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Yup. Fans are almost as much at fault as the players.

Yah Mushfiq talk nah!
"3 batsmen in top 10."
Old February 26, 2015, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Sorry slim shadey we will definitely now learn our place in cricket
Old February 26, 2015, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Chill Shade...the last match and again this one vindicates what many of us are saying about SL cricket. Every time the grandpa's Jaya, Sanga, Dilu click they are able to save you guys...they separate SL from BD atm...what are you gonna do when grandpas resignation letters are finally accepted after the wc and they're allowed to go to retirement home? One swallow doesn't make a summer unless we're talking Royal Nursing Home cricket league!
Old February 26, 2015, 10:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Chill Shade...the last match and again this one vindicates what many of us are saying about SL cricket. Every time the grandpa's Jaya, Sanga, Dilu click they are able to save you guys...they separate SL from BD atm...what are you gonna do when grandpas resignation letters are finally accepted after the wc and they're allowed to go to retirement home? One swallow doesn't make a summer unless we're talking Royal Nursing Home cricket league!
Oh don't worry. Now we manage to lose to grandpas...and when the grandpas retire, we will manage to lose to the kids. Never underestimate how pathetic we can be as a cricket team among other things.
Old February 26, 2015, 10:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Yah Mushfiq talk nah!
"3 batsmen in top 10."
And Tamim, "I can sense a win against Sri Lanka"
Old February 26, 2015, 10:37 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I used to eagerly wait for Jayasuriya, Vass And Murali's retirement. They are long gone. Now I am waiting for Dil, Sanga and Mahela's retirement.
Old February 26, 2015, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Lol tomorrow we will wait for Thirimane and Mathews's retirement. Cycle goes on, Bangladeshi cricket stays where it is.

Jokes aside good performance from Sri Lanka, happy they are back in the running. I bet not every Bangladeshi subscribed to Al Furqaan's grandpa theory. I only hope our players didnt have his views going into the match, if they did, they were taught a heck of a lesson.

But wonder whether the title could have been Yah Shade talk nah! had Anamul held onto to that catch or the toss went our way
Old February 26, 2015, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I used to eagerly wait for Jayasuriya, Vass And Murali's retirement. They are long gone. Now I am waiting for Dil, Sanga and Mahela's retirement.
Dilu, Sanga, Jaya had already reached that exalted level while their formidable predecessors were in the team. Nobody except Mathews is close to that level in the current SL team.
Old February 26, 2015, 12:44 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade

Learn your place in world cricket and spare us from your empty ramblings.
Genetically, we Bangladeshi's are very emotional. You will see this kind of comments a lot when responses are based on emotion not facts and standards.
Old February 26, 2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe

Yah, ashole amra shobai jani amader samortho kototuku, tobe chapabazi kori ar ki
Old February 26, 2015, 01:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m and m
Genetically, we Bangladeshi's are very emotional. You will see this kind of comments a lot when responses are based on emotion not facts and standards.
Spot on--- emotional & sentimental is our strength as well as weakness
Old February 26, 2015, 01:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Bad loss against the granddads. I will be rooting for SL against England now as that's our best hope for a QF.

But SA and ENG both lost by wider margins chasing at MCG...so we've been more competitive than either of those teams...and that too while performing at 10% of our potential.

Not much to gloat about when our whole squad barely has 400 caps combined and on a seaming surface you struggle against the Afghans. Not mention beating a team which has zero acclimation compared to your boys and with the best batters at 6 and 7. That is legalized match fixing no different than dropping a catch on purpose. So yes, won a fixed matched so kudos, shade on your coma inducing boring brand of ugly cricket!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 26, 2015, 01:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Bad loss against the granddads. I will be rooting for SL against England now as that's our best hope for a QF.

But SA and ENG both lost by wider margins chasing at MCG...so we've been more competitive than either of those teams...and that too while performing at 10% of our potential.

Not much to gloat about when our whole squad barely has 400 caps combined and on a seaming surface you struggle against the Afghans. Not mention beating a team which has zero acclimation compared to your boys and with the best batters at 6 and 7. That is legalized match fixing no different than dropping a catch on purpose. So yes, won a fixed matched so kudos, shade on your coma inducing boring brand of ugly cricket!
But SA and ENG haven't played against Sri Lanka yet so that comparison doesn't hold. Also, we will need to wait a while before our teams collective number of caps increase knowing how few of them actually manage to hold down their place.

Coma inducing boring brand of ugly cricket blah blah blah...may Bangladesh play such boring cricket if it ensures we win more games.
Old February 26, 2015, 01:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
But SA and ENG haven't played against Sri Lanka yet so that comparison doesn't hold. Also, we will need to wait a while before our teams collective number of caps increase knowing how few of them actually manage to hold down their place.

Coma inducing boring brand of ugly cricket blah blah blah...may Bangladesh play such boring cricket if it ensures we win more games.
The comparison is teams batting second at MCG, there is nothing the comparison doesn't hold. SA are a better team than India and they lost by 130 runs. We lost by 92. England lost by 100+. And that was with putting our best batters at 6/7.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 26, 2015, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
The comparison is teams batting second at MCG, there is nothing the comparison doesn't hold. SA are a better team than India and they lost by 130 runs. We lost by 92. England lost by 100+. And that was with putting our best batters at 6/7.
India and South Africa are both good teams and SA have a history of bottling it up in World Cup matches. England have faced a far better attack than Bangladesh has. I don't see what comfort you are trying to find in relative misery. Hey look we suck but they sucked more, so basically we don't suck much...Is that what you are going with?

Also, it is not at all their fault that our management decides to bat Shakib/Mushy that low down the order.
Old February 26, 2015, 02:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
India and South Africa are both good teams and SA have a history of bottling it up in World Cup matches. England have faced a far better attack than Bangladesh has. I don't see what comfort you are trying to find in relative misery. Hey look we suck but they sucked more, so basically we don't suck much...Is that what you are going with?

Also, it is not at all their fault that our management decides to bat Shakib/Mushy that low down the order.
You said the comparison doesnt hold when it does. Dont add extra stuff like 'theyre both good/bad teams'. Did i ask you if they are good or bad teams? If India and south Africa are both good teams, the game should be closer than 130 runs, no? And that's not a choke...there was nothing riding on this game apart from 2 points.

Did I say it was there fault? You need to learn to read bro. But if you management says let's lose the game on purpose what do you call that? And that's what happens when you intentionally don't play your best players. No different than bowling no balls on purpose.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 26, 2015, 02:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
You said the comparison doesnt hold when it does. Dont add extra stuff like 'theyre both good/bad teams'. Did i ask you if they are good or bad teams? If India and south Africa are both good teams, the game should be closer than 130 runs, no? And that's not a choke...there was nothing riding on this game apart from 2 points.

Did I say it was there fault? You need to learn to read bro. But if you management says let's lose the game on purpose what do you call that? And that's what happens when you intentionally don't play your best players. No different than bowling no balls on purpose.
You really think you are making good points here? You honestly think so?

Lets see.

You say the comparison holds. I said it doesn't. You say it does. I should take your word for it? You said, there is nothing riding on the game except 2 points. Ab De Villiers said he just wants to go to his room and be sad. There is more than 2 points riding on a game. There is confidence, momentum and yes 2 very important points!

How about we make points without dissing other teams? You mention that Sri Lanka struggled against Afghans. Well we struggled against Afghans too and were 4 down for 100 odd in 29 overs. End result -- both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka won. See now, this is a legit comparison. Both teams had the same opponents. More legit comparison than oh they played in the same ground. So what?

As for team batting order, I have a problem with it too. But comparing that with wanting to under perform on purpose; I am not too sure about that.

Also, not just you, but others too are calling Sri Lankan players grand dad. Well a 38 year old scores 160+ batting the complete 50 overs, coming back to field and bowl and takes wickets ... their longevity and dedication and passion to the game should be applauded. Compare that what we have -- 30 year olds retiring from the game.
Old February 26, 2015, 02:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
You really think you are making good points here? You honestly think so?

Lets see.

You say the comparison holds. I said it doesn't. You say it does. I should take your word for it? You said, there is nothing riding on the game except 2 points. Ab De Villiers said he just wants to go to his room and be sad. There is more than 2 points riding on a game. There is confidence, momentum and yes 2 very important points!

How about we make points without dissing other teams? You mention that Sri Lanka struggled against Afghans. Well we struggled against Afghans too and were 4 down for 100 odd in 29 overs. End result -- both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka won. See now, this is a legit comparison. Both teams had the same opponents. More legit comparison than oh they played in the same ground. So what?

As for team batting order, I have a problem with it too. But comparing that with wanting to under perform on purpose; I am not too sure about that.

Also, not just you, but others too are calling Sri Lankan players grand dad. Well a 38 year old scores 160+ batting the complete 50 overs, coming back to field and bowl and takes wickets ... their longevity and dedication and passion to the game should be applauded. Compare that what we have -- 30 year olds retiring from the game.
You're really looking for some verbal abuse eh?

So you think losing a group game is always a choke? So did Afghanistan choke vs us? How about England choking vs NZ. All losses are chokes right just because players get sad? How about all the times we lose and players are grinning or grabbing their balls in the dressing room? By definition not a choke cuz they aren't sad...

We struggled vs Afghanistan and won by 105. So SL then struggled even more as they only won by 92. Again, you're parameters, not mine. Oh and 105 is a bigger percentage of 267 than 92 is of 332...don't worry I checked with a calculator. So SL struggled to beat us even more. Shabash beta.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 26, 2015, 02:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
You're really looking for some verbal abuse eh?

So you think losing a group game is always a choke? So did Afghanistan choke vs us? How about England choking vs NZ. All losses are chokes right just because players get sad? How about all the times we lose and players are grinning or grabbing their balls in the dressing room? By definition not a choke cuz they aren't sad...

We struggled vs Afghanistan and won by 105. So SL then struggled even more as they only won by 92. Again, you're parameters, not mine. Oh and 105 is a bigger percentage of 267 than 92 is of 332...don't worry I checked with a calculator. So SL struggled to beat us even more. Shabash beta.
Are you getting pissed? Its a discussion and there are two sides to it. Relax!

Losing a group game isn't a choke. Whenever South Africa loses a game in World Cup, group games or knockouts, the C word won't be far away. So glad you did the calculations and it shows that Sri Lanka struggled more to beat us. Shouldn't that be the case? We are a Test team and the Afghans aren't after all!

I will repeat what I said couple of posts earlier, hey look we suck but they sucked more, so basically we don't suck much...Is that what you are going with?
Old February 26, 2015, 03:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Yah Mushfiq talk nah!
"3 batsmen in top 10."

Quote:
And Tamim, "I can sense a win against Sri Lanka"
বাংগালী বেকার টক শোতে ভালো, কিন্তু আবার কাজের কথা বলতে দিবেন একটু ফরমাল পরিবেশে, ওখানে মিনমিন করবে। এগুলা কথা এরা বড় পরিসরে বলেনা। প্রাইভেট সেশনে বাঙ্গালী সাংবাদিকদেরকে বলে, ওরা বড় খবর বানায়ে দেয়।
Old February 26, 2015, 03:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Who is furqaan?
Old February 26, 2015, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by m and m

Quite sure it has more to do with MENTALLY WEAK rather than genetic.
Old February 26, 2015, 04:10 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

This post is kind of sad in it's desperation.

Like taking a solitary wicket in 50 overs.
Old February 26, 2015, 04:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I have been hearing that tune since 2007.
Closed Thread