facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: who ??? who ??? who ???
Tamim 1 1.89%
Mahmudullah 3 5.66%
Nasir 4 7.55%
Shakib 15 28.30%
Ashraful 5 9.43%
Abdur Razzaq 1 1.89%
Mashrafe 3 5.66%
Shahriar Nafees 0 0%
Different captains in different format 8 15.09%
Request Mushfiq to reconsider desicion 25 47.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 9, 2013, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

And either Anamul or another new guy (Shamsur/Marshall) should force Ash out of the team. Why is he even listed as an option for captaincy when he shouldn't even be in the team? If this is a joke, it's a very mean spirited one surely.

Old May 9, 2013, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

No one is perfect as a captain. We got to give some space to select one. Sobar majhe ato indecision dekhe I propose...
Old May 9, 2013, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

It should be Mushy, but don't "request" him. No requests. Mathai tolar dorkar nai kao re; era shobai emnitei mathai uthe ase.

Has Nasir captained any team, at the age level or the domestic leagues? If he hasn't, how can you nominate him as a captain? Your best-performing player should not be your captain. Players in the team should respect him. Mushy, after his 200, demands respect from his players. The senior-junior thing, something that most of you seem to forget, is still pretty important in Bangladesh. Do you think the seniors in the team would take orders from "choto bhai" Nasir? Do you think Nasir can tell Tamim to stop eating biryani, even in jest? If for nothing else, the age-factor alone goes against Nasir, and favors Riyad over him. You may not like it - I definitely don't like it - but it's the reality.

Mushy isn't the best strategist, but he really is our only option right now.

From what I've heard from a certain someone in the board, Riyad might be given a go if Mushy does not reconsider his decision.
Old May 9, 2013, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I think our new captain should be the old captain. Mushy.
LOL.
Zunaid vai valo bolsen.
Old May 9, 2013, 01:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurr
It should be Mushy, but don't "request" him. No requests. Mathai tolar dorkar nai kao re; era shobai emnitei mathai uthe ase.

Has Nasir captained any team, at the age level or the domestic leagues? If he hasn't, how can you nominate him as a captain? Your best-performing player should not be your captain. Players in the team should respect him. Mushy, after his 200, demands respect from his players. The senior-junior thing, something that most of you seem to forget, is still pretty important in Bangladesh. Do you think the seniors in the team would take orders from "choto bhai" Nasir? Do you think Nasir can tell Tamim to stop eating biryani, even in jest? If for nothing else, the age-factor alone goes against Nasir, and favors Riyad over him. You may not like it - I definitely don't like it - but it's the reality.

Mushy isn't the best strategist, but he really is our only option right now.

From what I've heard from a certain someone in the board, Riyad might be given a go if Mushy does not reconsider his decision.
at current nasir is the most experienced player who i'd respect the most (the other recent performers who should get respect are guys like robiul, ziaur and gazi and they all have less experience than nasir). he's a great performer in all formats, plays crucial important innings to. mushy was a good leader, not a great tactician but i'd have kept him. since mushy stepped down the only real options i see are shakib or nasir. shakib didn't do as well when he was captain, plus he's had a bit of a rough time bringing his consistency back so would it be a good thing to bring him back as captain? when he was captain he spoke his mind and not all people liked that and shakib couldn't handle it.

imo if someone doesn't respect nasir for his results then they have issues. don't put his age down as a negative, he might be young but he's performing very well in all formats and he has a good head on his shoulders, obviously he's pretty good at handling pressure since his role in the team has a lot to do with pressure and he's done well at the job he was given.

1st choice would be mushy, 2nd? i'd certainly consider nasir.

i don't think tamim, riyad or ash should be anywhere near the conversation for various reasons.
Old May 9, 2013, 01:30 AM
Banned

Mahmudullah riyad without a dout, he might didnt do well in couplop test but he will bounce back for sure in shaa allah , nasir never did any captaincy and still pretty young in the team , and dont wanna see sakib or tamim bcz of their attitude , at the moment their is no other better option than riyad
Old May 9, 2013, 01:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by islam1989
Mahmudullah riyad without a dout, he might didnt do well in couplop test but he will bounce back for sure in shaa allah , nasir never did any captaincy and still pretty young in the team , and dont wanna see sakib or tamim bcz of their attitude , at the moment their is no other better option than riyad
riyad's got a pretty poor attitude, very close minded as he doesn't even want to bat higher up the. not to mention his spot in the team in no way should be fixed as he's still quite inconsistent, especially in tests. imo riyad trys to get away from responsibility, a captain has to take a lot of responsibility, is riyad up to it? hasn't shown that he is imo.
Old May 9, 2013, 01:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
riyad's got a pretty poor attitude, very close minded as he doesn't even want to bat higher up the. not to mention his spot in the team in no way should be fixed as he's still quite inconsistent, especially in tests. imo riyad trys to get away from responsibility, a captain has to take a lot of responsibility, is riyad up to it? hasn't shown that he is imo.
Atleast he got the success experience being captain of BPL ,dhaka leage , NCL so many matches . Also expreience of close to 100 odi and decent amount of test , which no other player have it at the moment except previous captains , he is number 1 contender for this all possible way
Old May 9, 2013, 02:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Atleast he got the success experience being captain of BPL ,dhaka leage , NCL so many matches . Also expreience of close to 100 odi and decent amount of test , which no other player have it at the moment except previous captains , he is number 1 contender for this all possible way
i'm not totally up to par on his captaincy but hasn't someone addressed his BPL captaincy in his thread? and apparently he ran away from captaincy....if he's going to run in the BPL what's to say he won't for the national team? more pressure, more responsibility. of course mushy is running, don't know why but i don't a guy like nasir would give up as easily as riyad would.
Old May 9, 2013, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
at current nasir is the most experienced player who i'd respect the most (the other recent performers who should get respect are guys like robiul, ziaur and gazi and they all have less experience than nasir). he's a great performer in all formats, plays crucial important innings to. mushy was a good leader, not a great tactician but i'd have kept him. since mushy stepped down the only real options i see are shakib or nasir. shakib didn't do as well when he was captain, plus he's had a bit of a rough time bringing his consistency back so would it be a good thing to bring him back as captain? when he was captain he spoke his mind and not all people liked that and shakib couldn't handle it.

imo if someone doesn't respect nasir for his results then they have issues. don't put his age down as a negative, he might be young but he's performing very well in all formats and he has a good head on his shoulders, obviously he's pretty good at handling pressure since his role in the team has a lot to do with pressure and he's done well at the job he was given.

1st choice would be mushy, 2nd? i'd certainly consider nasir.

i don't think tamim, riyad or ash should be anywhere near the conversation for various reasons.
Gowza, I don't disagree with most of what you said, but realize that what you or I think won't impact the decision of the BCB. Even though you or I think Nasir's consistent performances demand respect, do his teammates respect him? I think not. Is Nasir being younger than most of his teammates a barrier in the way of getting that respect? In an ideal world, it shouldn't be, but in reality, it is.

While I don't agree with islam1989's argument, this is the same argument the BCB will make to select Riyad as captain if Mushy decides not to reverse his decision.

I agree with you about Shakib; to add to that, I doubt the BCB will bring Shakib back as skipper.

Our only option right now is to bring Mushy back. Make Nasir his deputy and groom him for a series or two, then hand over the reins to Nasir. IMO, that's the best solution. To repeat an earlier point though, my opinion won't matter in the selection process, and the most likely outcome would be Mushy back as skipper for the next series only and Riyad as skipper after that, or if Mushy refuses altogether, then Riyad as captain after this series is over.
Old May 9, 2013, 02:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I'm surprised that not many people are considering Tamim. Yeah he might have temper issues but that doesn't mean he can't be a good tactician or be a good captain. I remember he scripted an unbelievable win for Rajshahi when they defended 98 odd runs in the BPL. If his aggressiveness can be used in the right way as a captain then i think he would be a worthy candidate.
Old May 9, 2013, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

For now, 2x time BPL champion Mashrafe Bin Mortaza. He's saving himself for what? Not get injured? Well he's not playing and still getting injured. Just play, retire after WC 15. No point in hanging around.

But in the long run, Shakib will be captain again. He's suppose to be our Imran, Kapil, Ranatunga. And I won't be giving up on that.
Old May 9, 2013, 02:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I'm surprised that not many people are considering Tamim. Yeah he might have temper issues but that doesn't mean he can't be a good tactician or be a good captain. I remember he scripted an unbelievable win for Rajshahi when they defended 98 odd runs in the BPL. If his aggressiveness can be used in the right way as a captain then i think he would be a worthy candidate.
i'd pick him ahead of riyad. my fear with tamim is that he'll take his spot in the team for granted since he's captain and basically can't be dropped. something i think riyad would also do but difference is tamim has been a vital part of the team and a more proven performer and don't give me averages, look at overall runs scored and centuries/half centuries scored.
Old May 9, 2013, 02:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurr
Gowza, I don't disagree with most of what you said, but realize that what you or I think won't impact the decision of the BCB. Even though you or I think Nasir's consistent performances demand respect, do his teammates respect him? I think not. Is Nasir being younger than most of his teammates a barrier in the way of getting that respect? In an ideal world, it shouldn't be, but in reality, it is.

While I don't agree with islam1989's argument, this is the same argument the BCB will make to select Riyad as captain if Mushy decides not to reverse his decision.

I agree with you about Shakib; to add to that, I doubt the BCB will bring Shakib back as skipper.

Our only option right now is to bring Mushy back. Make Nasir his deputy and groom him for a series or two, then hand over the reins to Nasir. IMO, that's the best solution. To repeat an earlier point though, my opinion won't matter in the selection process, and the most likely outcome would be Mushy back as skipper for the next series only and Riyad as skipper after that, or if Mushy refuses altogether, then Riyad as captain after this series is over.
yes no doubt they will go with riyad, he's VC and experienced.
Old May 9, 2013, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

My 2cents:

Tests: Shakib (C), Nasir (VC)
ODIs Nasir (C)
T20s Nasir (C)

Or

Shakib for all formats and Nasir VC
Old May 9, 2013, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Really really upset by this decision by Mushy. There is nobody more passionate and commited in our team than him. I love his emotion and dedication for the team and it really hit home during that Asia cup final presentation where he gave a warmth of confidence to the crowd and the nation terming it as 'the beginning'. I really hope he reconsiders as there no one else in my opinion and to be honest we have generally done well especially in ODIs in the last couple of years and have shown some fighting spirit lately in tests.

I am bitterly disappointed.
Old May 9, 2013, 03:12 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Nasir should be no where near the management set-up. We almost ruined Shakib like that. Let him score play cricket.
Old May 9, 2013, 03:13 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
i loved how SN was even an option
hey watch it! He has the best brains!

Old May 9, 2013, 03:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Replace Mushfiqur....then the fans will be out with their knives when we loose another series to Zimbabwe.

A captain needs to someone fairly senior in the team, someone who can control the team, and motivate players. Only 2 people capable of doing that is Mushfiqur and Shakib.

Cant put all the pressure on Shakib as he cant take it. Mushfiqur should still remain captain.
Old May 9, 2013, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
ZahidNyc you dont give up do you..
Old May 9, 2013, 03:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Nasir should be no where near the management set-up. We almost ruined Shakib like that. Let him score play cricket.
totally agree with u , he never been captain before not even a NCL or small leage , and still pretty young , he should not be any where near the captaincy atleast for 1 or 2 more years
Old May 9, 2013, 03:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
totally agree with u , he never been captain before not even a NCL or small leage , and still pretty young , he should not be any where near the captaincy atleast for 1 or 2 more years
and riyad "can't bat anywhere but #8 in tests" and "can't handle captaining a BPL team" should be captain or even considered? i get that riyad has experience but his spot in the team is not fixed and should not be fixed therefore he shouldn't even be considered, nasir on the other hand has a fixed spot in the team at least. also just because someone hasn't captained in lower levels doesn't mean they won't be a good captain. nasir performs, he's got a good head on his shoulders and he seems to be quite smart, attacking at the right times and innovative,those would be great qualities for a captain to have.
Old May 9, 2013, 04:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
hey watch it! He has the best brains!

@bakhtiar_rmd As I said before, best cricket brain is Sharihar Nafees. I'd have him for TESTS (form permitting) and someone else for ODI
— Ian Pont (@Ponty100mph) May 8, 2013
WTF?! He isn't even in the team for tests. LOL

Throwing your wicket away = Good cricketing brain. Ki obostha...
Old May 9, 2013, 04:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
and riyad "can't bat anywhere but #8 in tests" and "can't handle captaining a BPL team" should be captain or even considered? i get that riyad has experience but his spot in the team is not fixed and should not be fixed therefore he shouldn't even be considered, nasir on the other hand has a fixed spot in the team at least. also just because someone hasn't captained in lower levels doesn't mean they won't be a good captain. nasir performs, he's got a good head on his shoulders and he seems to be quite smart, attacking at the right times and innovative,those would be great qualities for a captain to have.
riyad did have couplop half century at # 7 and also have century and 90s at #8 , so switich his batting order wont be a big problem in future . he did do the captaincy on 1st BPL on all games , but 2nd edition he gave away for 2 or 3 matches to taylor bcz he thought he wouldbe a better option , but he did the final trick ,under his captaincy they won 2 crucial semifinal games and put the team into the final , and not to forget he is been captaining in NCL , dhaka leage , premeier leage over the years . plus riyad is 4 times more expereinced than nasir if u combined the odi between them , twice in test ,not to mention how many years . i dont have problem with nasir , but he still too young and looks pretty young to the team , if he can continue 1 or 2 more years , than he can become consideration for captain
Old May 9, 2013, 05:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
We don't want another arrogant virat kohli,

tamim should immediately stop using 'fair and handsome' unlike kohli.