facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 4, 2014, 11:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Screw Tamim, open with Anamul. Bangladesh should practice more games with early wickets gone to see if they can recover.

Old April 5, 2014, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Whatever you say just don't put razzak in the team, same goes with mash(sorry mash you will be always my favorite bowler, but time to move on), Mash is done and he has done enough. Tamim should learn how play stroke without coming down the track, manouver the boundaries from the crase. Gazi if not in form no need to include him, he is another burden in place of bowling and fielding when he is off form. Shakib should learn how to respect others i mean opponents and play with responsibility. Mushy should already say is he ready to lead the team or not! If not then concentrate on batting and keeping. Some new faces can be included in squad just to make them ready for this level not necessarily play them immidiately unless needed, like mosaddeq. zia should be included and must tell him his role in the team and prepare him for that role. Every players actually should know thier role in the team and what they should provide for the team.

We need a good batting coach, new set of coaches for necessary department and some change of players for the format they are suitable.
Old April 5, 2014, 04:39 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Good thread. We definitely need a change of strategy in ODIs from now on, especially keeping the World Cup in mind. I would definitely play 3 pacers in all ODIs. Taskin, Rubel and Al Amin/Mashrafe should be first choice. Top 6 should be Tamim, Anamul, Mominul, Mushy, Shakib, Nasir.

I would go with Sabbir at 7 and he should be told not to worry too much about average but look to play according to the match situation and accelerate towards the end.

Riyad at 8 doesn't sound a bad idea as his bowling has improved and gives us more depth. Mominul and Sabbir can bowl some overs too.

I really hope the curators prepare pace friendly pitches to encourage our pacers. I wouldn't mind seeing an Abu Jayed or a Kamrul Islam added to the mix. The return of Abul Hasan would be a boost.
Maybe BCB could organise a Bangladesh Red v Bangladesh Green series and play 3/4 pacers in each team.

At this stage my team would be:

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Mominul
4. Mushfiqur
5. Shakib
6. Nasir
7. Sabbir
8. Riyad/Gazi/SLA
9. Mashrafe/Al Amin
10. Rubel
11. Taskin
Old April 5, 2014, 04:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Good thread. We definitely need a change of strategy in ODIs from now on, especially keeping the World Cup in mind. I would definitely play 3 pacers in all ODIs. Taskin, Rubel and Al Amin/Mashrafe should be first choice. Top 6 should be Tamim, Anamul, Mominul, Mushy, Shakib, Nasir.

I would go with Sabbir at 7 and he should be told not to worry too much about average but look to play according to the match situation and accelerate towards the end.

Riyad at 8 doesn't sound a bad idea as his bowling has improved and gives us more depth. Mominul and Sabbir can bowl some overs too.

I really hope the curators prepare pace friendly pitches to encourage our pacers. I wouldn't mind seeing an Abu Jayed or a Kamrul Islam added to the mix. The return of Abul Hasan would be a boost.
Maybe BCB could organise a Bangladesh Red v Bangladesh Green series and play 3/4 pacers in each team.

At this stage my team would be:

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Mominul
4. Mushfiqur
5. Shakib
6. Nasir
7. Sabbir
8. Riyad/Gazi/SLA
9. Mashrafe/Al Amin
10. Rubel
11. Taskin
Swap mominul for shamsur and I reckon that's a great team to go forward with.
Old April 5, 2014, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
There are still quite a few players to keep an eye on as well e.g. Taijul, shuvagata, a player like mosaddek could be very useful in the one-day format, mukhtar ali, nur hossain (useful lower order hitter as well) etc.
Taskin, Arafat, Taijul and Mosaddek are the Fantastic Four of future IMO.

Here is my 15 men(!) squad for the WC 2015:

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Mominul
4. Musaddek
5. Mushfiqur
6. Shakib
7. Nasir
8. Sabbir
9. Arafat/Taijul
10. Al Amin/Rubel
11. Taskin

14. Mullah
15. Abul

Stand by: Shamsur, Imrul, Naeem, Zia, Mashrafee,
Old April 5, 2014, 05:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Mominul
4. Musaddek
5. Mushfiqur
6. Shakib
7. Nasir
8. Sabbir
9. Arafat/Taijul
10. Al Amin/Rubel
11. Taskin

14. Mullah
15. Abul

I agree they are 4 big names for the future, mosaddek might not be ready by WC though.
Old April 5, 2014, 05:29 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Swap mominul for shamsur and I reckon that's a great team to go forward with.
Shamsur could replace one of the top order, but I reckon Mominul would go on to become Bangladesh's greatest #3 batsman imo.

He has the mentality and work ethic to do that.
Old April 5, 2014, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Shamsur could replace one of the top order, but I reckon Mominul would go on to become Bangladesh's greatest #3 batsman imo.

Shamsur has to work on how to control his emotions IMHO. He gets carried away from the first ball like the Ashfool! Look at Kohli - he takes time to set, plays according to the ball/match situation and start hitting the ball once he is in control ...
Old April 5, 2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
I agree they are 4 big names for the future, mosaddek might not be ready by WC though.
We have about 10 months in hand, right? Why not select a 25 men squad and start training? Include him in our next India/WI tour and he will be ready in time, no?
Old April 5, 2014, 06:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
We have about 10 months in hand, right? Why not select a 25 men squad and start training? Include him in our next India/WI tour and he will be ready in time, no?
Possibly, it's less than a year and many matches does BD have in that time? He could be ready but he might not be either but certainly if he's to be part of that squad he needs to be included now. I doubt management will do this though I mean look at how they handled sabbir for this t20 WC.
Old April 5, 2014, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

In Australian hard n bouncy pitches opener like shamsur wouldn't survive more than 15 mins unless he fixes his techniques. In subcontinent pitches he might get away with his lasty hitting but in Australia he ll be exposed. We need technically good openers in WC 15.
Old April 5, 2014, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Possibly, it's less than a year and many matches does BD have in that time? He could be ready but he might not be either but certainly if he's to be part of that squad he needs to be included now. I doubt management will do this though I mean look at how they handled sabbir for this t20 WC.
Yup! Unfortunate but that's who BCB and their incompetent selectors are.
Old April 5, 2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
In Australian hard n bouncy pitches opener like shamsur wouldn't service more than 15 mins unless he fixes his techniques.
He might be lucky to survive that l o n g 15 minutes!
Old April 5, 2014, 07:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Mominul
4. Musaddek
5. Mushfiqur
6. Shakib
7. Nasir
8. Sabbir
9. Arafat/Taijul
10. Al Amin/Rubel
11. Taskin

14. Mullah
15. Abul

Zia must be in -you need an extra pace bowler in Australia. Our clueless spinners will be ineffective.
A lso, Shadman needs to be tested.
Old April 5, 2014, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
In Australian hard n bouncy pitches opener like shamsur wouldn't survive more than 15 mins unless he fixes his techniques. In subcontinent pitches he might get away with his lasty hitting but in Australia he ll be exposed. We need technically good openers in WC 15.
If we take into account what you have just said your saying that Anamul shouldn't play as well? Shamsur has a slightly better technique than Anamul.
Old April 5, 2014, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
If we take into account what you have just said your saying that Anamul shouldn't play as well? Shamsur has a slightly better technique than Anamul.
Anamul is way better batsman than Shamsur technically, mentally and his dedication/seriousness is second to none. His hand n eye coordination is excellent. I think he ll do exceedingly well in Australia. Only issue is he is vulnerable at the beginning of his innings , his foot movement is weak, however, he overcomes nicely as the innings progress.

Md Sammy exposed shamsur's weakness during the asia cup
india match.
Old April 5, 2014, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Anamul is way better batsman than Shamsur technically, mentally and his dedication/seriousness is second to none. His hand n eye coordination is excellent. I think he ll do exceedingly well in Australia. Only issue is he is vulnerable at the beginning of his innings , his foot movement is weak, however, he overcomes nicely as the innings progress.

Md Sammy exposed shamsur's weakness during the asia cup
india match.
Mentally and dedication wise Anamul trumps Shamsur without a doubt. However Anamul's technique is not way better than Shamsur's.
Old April 5, 2014, 07:31 PM
Cricket Guru

shamsur's technique isn't that bad, mushy and an inform tamim are ahead of the others in terms of technique but otherwise the rest of the pack are on all a similar level.
Old April 5, 2014, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Shamsur's techniques against short stuff is not good at all.Playing in MCG, Gabba, and Nelson would be toughest challenge of his life.

Last edited by Rana Melb; April 5, 2014 at 08:34 PM..
Old April 5, 2014, 07:54 PM
Cricket Guru

his hook and pull shot especially aren't that bad comparing by BD standards, have a look at his 96 against NZ, he played a few and was fine. junaid, now he has poor technique against short stuff, obviously shamsur can improve but it's not that bad. he's good at driving which is important in australia when you're presented with half volley's because those opportunities need to be put away. he's pretty good square of the wicket as well, shamsur's issues are more in his head and playing correctly to the situation but he's shown in a number of innings that he can change gears and play to situations so now it's about him proving he can do it consistently.
Old April 5, 2014, 08:44 PM
Cricket Legend

In WC Tamim and Anamul should open.Shamshur/Kayes should be a reserve opener.

Selection would very tough. I hopethese players don't loose their forms before the event.
Old April 5, 2014, 09:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Condition will be the biggest challenge for us in that world cup. I have heard Finchy mentioned after Aus was out from World T20 that they expected bd pitches to be slow but not that slow. Same thing will happen here for us as the condition is alien for most of our players. We know what is coming but unless you play there beforehand It will be tough for them to handle. So far only Tamim is the best bd batsman for that condition and he has experience playing in NZ. Even India's world beater line up struggled over there, we should be concerned about this issue. I heard SJ was planning about some long-term condition camp in Australia but with the current situation SJ is surely loosing his job. I hope impotent BCB will arrange something similar instead of using marble slabs.
Old April 5, 2014, 09:45 PM
Cricket Guru

shamsur and kayes should also be in contention for the #3 spot, shamsur could even be the #7 as he has the capability of hitting very early on in his innings. at current anamul should be a starter but we still have a long way to go, anamul needs to keep this form and consistency to remain a starter. tamim on the other hand is losing it and should be on the verge, if not replaced next series which means he needs to find something if he is to be a starter in the WC.

mominul at #3 also needs to keep his recent ODI form going or his spot at #3 should be in question.

with tamim currently out of form i'd play anamul, shamsur and mominul as our top 3 in the next series. they gain more experience and they'll also have the chance to try and secure their spots because currently none of them have secured their spots for the long term.
Old April 5, 2014, 10:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

get ready for 58 and 78 again.
Old April 5, 2014, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

When in form Tamim is our best batsmen on seaming pitches. He has showed it in England and NZ. No reason why he cant do it in Australia.