facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2007, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi
Default Tamim- A new worry for India?

I found this article in Prothom-Alo which is kind of interesting. According to this article, India is trying to get all the footage they can about Tamim as they targeted him as one of the dangerman from Bangladesh. India started their homework on Bangladesh long time ago and one of their computer analyst even went to Zimbabwe to see the series between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

Prothom Alo

Old March 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Here is the original report (Shukla spicing up Bangladesh team well) -

Iqbal's name rings terror in Indian camp
Cricket News / Ashish Shukla

PORT OF SPAIN (Trinidad), March 13: Tamim Iqbal is a name which doesn't connect instantly to cricketing world but try putting the query to Indian cricketers and their faces would immediately betray an anxiety.

The 17-year-old batsman from Chittagong made his international debut only last month but his name is doing the rounds in Indian camp because of the thunderous innings of 46 he played against New Zealand in a practice game the other day.

Iqbal has respect for no-one and his assault on express Shane Bond that day carried Bangladesh beyond the line. It enhanced Bangladesh' reputation as a giant-slayer and India, understandably so, is working on its nails.

Thankfully, the professionalism of its computer analyst Ramakrishnan is coming to its aid as they have been able to lay hands on the footage on the boy-wonder.

Ramki has been alert to keep an eye on Iqbal and prepare a file-dossier on him which is a bit of a surprise given that the practice game against New Zealand wasn't telecast at all. But "Ramki" had followed closely the Bangladesh-Zimbabwe encounters of last month and was thus able to get hold of footage of Iqbal's batting.

"I have done my job and now it's up to the team to take advantage of it," commented the affable "Ramki".

"Ramki" has also been good at preparing a CD of international cricketers which has now been handed over the Indian cricketers. In this Compact Disc, there is reference to every single cricketer-yes every single cricketer!-who is taking part in this World Cup.

In this compact disc, batting and bowling styles of cricketers have been neatly filed with particular references to their strong as well as weak points.

Tamim Iqbal and Mushrafee Murtaza are two Bangladesh cricketers who are being talked of highly for their dare-devil approach.

If Iqbal excelled with his powerful shots in the game against New Zealand, Murtaza smashed three sixes in no time to set up the Bangladesh win.

"When I face up to bowlers, I see the ball, not their faces," said a typically defiant Iqbal in response to his approach to batting.

"The difference between Bangladesh of today and one of immediate past is that this side believes it can win," said Utpal Saravo, a senior cricket writer from Bangladesh "Earlier, the team was just happy if it could compete in the park-now this side goes into the middle with an attitude to win."

These are dangerous words for India who are known to suffer from early hiccups during a long campaign. Bangladesh could catch them on the wrong foot early in the competition and that's what is keeping the Indians on their toes.
Old March 14, 2007, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim yet has to prove himself as a world class batsman, he is a world class potential like Ashraful right now. Look at Ashraful with all the potential and still is ashar-fool for all of us.
Old March 14, 2007, 07:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I wonder how they forgot Aftab, SN, Ashraful, and Bashar.

Nice inspiring read though
Old March 14, 2007, 07:23 PM
Cricket Legend

I just hope that our players are not going to lose their heads after seeing the kind of media coverage they are getting nowadays.
Old March 14, 2007, 07:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Guys, I don't know but I am feeling we are in for a thrashing. I think India has done a good home work on us.
Old March 14, 2007, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Yes I would have liked less limelight on our players. That way we would have a better chance of catching them offguard. However I am happy they are worried about tamim because according to me he is not the player who will make a difference between a win and loss for BD and India. Aftab, SN, Sakib and to an extent Ashraful are major players whose contributions will lead to a win no matter who prepared India is. I think batting wise 70 percent of the match would be won if SN and Aftab can play well. We need aftab till the 25 over and SN till the 35 over and the game would be in the bag batting wise if we are chasing.
Old March 14, 2007, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
Guys, I don't know but I am feeling we are in for a thrashing. I think India has done a good home work on us.
Offcourse they have done their homework on us, this is world cup and teams are not going to leave any stone unturned in their match preparations. I bet they are also going to watch footages of England vs Bermuda match before India's match against Bermuda.
Old March 14, 2007, 08:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Tamim yet has to prove himself as a world class batsman, he is a world class potential like Ashraful right now. Look at Ashraful with all the potential and still is ashar-fool for all of us.
The Difference between Ash and Tamim is simple, Tamim puts that Afridi fear into India,
Old March 14, 2007, 08:04 PM
Club Cricketer

I think the Indian team has already done their homework on our other key players and this time they wanna put pressure on our Tamim. But the Indians should know that Tamim is not that imature rather he is enough capable to face the pressure. Waiting for the time when the Indian team will remember Bangladesh Cricket Team as frightening for them. TIGERS, HALUM BOLE JHAPIYE PORO .........
Old March 14, 2007, 08:12 PM
Test Cricketer

You guys are in lalaland. Ind will go for killer, that's for sure. Imagine they r spying on us from Zimb. Also their team is well prepared, I don't see any reason they are not toppling us.
For us, we have nothing to loose but give everything what we have.
Old March 14, 2007, 09:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Ehsan, I have the same feeling. We are all talking about how Bangladesh can catch India offguard but what if they catch us offguard and come out with all guns firing? It can cause some kind of panic in our cricketer's mind.

About putting pressure on Tamim's mind, I agree with some posters that he is the kind of batsman who thinks less and just go out and play his shots. He is not the type of batsman you can play mindgames with. Its hit or miss for him either way. But if Tamim can start well, it will definitely remind India of their awful memories of Afridi and I would love to see them panic.
Old March 14, 2007, 09:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Swewag is not in form . So , get him on duck for sure .
Old March 14, 2007, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
Yes I would have liked less limelight on our players. That way we would have a better chance of catching them offguard. However I am happy they are worried about tamim because according to me he is not the player who will make a difference between a win and loss for BD and India. Aftab, SN, Sakib and to an extent Ashraful are major players whose contributions will lead to a win no matter who prepared India is. I think batting wise 70 percent of the match would be won if SN and Aftab can play well. We need aftab till the 25 over and SN till the 35 over and the game would be in the bag batting wise if we are chasing.
I disagree with your limelight view. I am enjoying it.. pleasure to read, good fun.
I have 2 choices for you..
1. No limelight BD beat India = Upset= Still a minnow = Toothless Tiger
2. Limelight BD beat India = Respect= Not anymore = Saber tooth Tiger

I am having fun anyway with 2 and want respect. You might enjoy upset.
Old March 14, 2007, 10:12 PM
Test Cricketer

It's also possible that India may overprepare and it backfires on them....well, one can only hope.
Old March 14, 2007, 10:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

If you don't have the ability to score atleast 270+ against India then forget about the victory .
Old March 14, 2007, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
I disagree with your limelight view. I am enjoying it.. pleasure to read, good fun.

The kid is growing up, I like his logic

Only if I was so sure that our players know how to handle the limelight ....
Old March 14, 2007, 10:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:

Buddy, you don't know, but you just said a million things so well and so nicely. This by itself should be considered for a front page article.

Honestly speaking, this is probably the first time everyone's talking about us. What does the results have to do with it? It just has to prove that we're coming up quick. But even if the results aren't as good, we are still close to the better teams, and would show signs of progress.
Old March 15, 2007, 12:06 AM
Banned

England plays the same trick on their opponent. One of the oldest trick in the book actually. Boost their rookie. Make sure he takes the field against a group of professional killers. Result? our innings is in shambles after the first 5 overs. Have seen it all before.

How could some of you have forgotten how we played in the hands of English media, and pushed Mushfiq, Nafis Iqbal in to the trap? We are all dreaming about a blistering Tamim, taking India apart. I whole heartedly want that to happen. The rality, however, may be quite different.

The last thing we need at this stage is an over confident Tamim.
Old March 15, 2007, 12:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
I think Tamim said he was lacking confidence in the Zimbabwe series, so the media hype and the NZ innings may have done him some good, you never know. Anyways, I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for March 17th.
Old March 15, 2007, 12:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Guys be realistic.
You guys are pampering urselves way too much.

This is just a kid....first time in WC with only 4-5 ODI in his under his belt.
And we Hujuge bangali are expecting him to spread terror in Indian Arena. Mair na khaile amader neurongula mone hoy thik moto function kore na.

this is such a stupid thread.
Old March 15, 2007, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
England plays the same trick on their opponent. One of the oldest trick in the book actually. Boost their rookie. Make sure he takes the field against a group of professional killers. Result? our innings is in shambles after the first 5 overs. Have seen it all before.

How could some of you have forgotten how we played in the hands of English media, and pushed Mushfiq, Nafis Iqbal in to the trap? We are all dreaming about a blistering Tamim, taking India apart. I whole heartedly want that to happen. The rality, however, may be quite different.
Great post. Thanks.
Old March 15, 2007, 01:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Thanks for nicely putting the thoughts in words. Yes Indian media is just buttering us up before grilling ! Guys, we are just getting trapped inside their plot.

God, hope our boys are still stepping just on the ground, not carried away by the "Indian Oil". Last thing would be losing their heads by this Indian propaganda machine.
Old March 15, 2007, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:

I disagree that if we beat India without being in the limelight we would still be considered Toothless tigers. Yes it is true that if we beat India now the respect factor will go up manifold but that does not mean our win against them had we not been in the limelight would bring us no respect. We will be called minnow until we start climbing the ranking ladder in ICC anyways. Just my two cents but you can disagree to it too.
Old March 15, 2007, 03:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

only tamim???. we have many players who can play hard aftab nafees ashraful bashar mashrafee rafique all r hard hitting,strike rate is good........