facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 18, 2011, 09:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default we should win if we could.........

Pitch::
----------------
Must be slow, low and turning. All pacers should hate the pitch and want to demolish curator's head.

The team (First eleven) ::
-------------------------------

1) Tamim
2) Imrul
So far among our current resources these two are the best and no change required.

3) Rakibul
Rakibul is a good choice for this position but considering Ashraful's recent performance in Zimbabwe tour he shouldn't be discarded, it appeared our selectors made a mistake judging him based on recent ODI performance rather than test.

4) Mushfiq
Based on his current batting performance our captain should come ahead of other big names.

5) Sakib
Sakib is far better batsman than what he achieved, hope he could stay long time in crease and play sensible smart cricket apart from his world class bowling.

6) Shuvagata
It is very rare that our batsman average more than 50 in domestic first class cricket. Shuvagata average 61 in longer version. Although he is in ODI squad but based on his performance in first class competition we should give him a chance to perform in international arena.

7) Naeem
Naeem is our only option in this position as Mahmudullah is sick. Although mostly Naeem get chance in ODI but according to stats (Avg-36.92 compare to List-A avg-32.85) he is a better player in longer version and we should give him more chance to excel in test cricket as batting all-rounder.

8) Nasir
We should focus him as bowling all-rounder, hope his offspin will help a lot in a spinning track and seems he is performing well and in a flow.

9) Elias Sunny
With all due respect Abdur Razzak is an ODI bowler, if any one check his First Class record (avg-32.03) could understand that. We need a strike bowler apart from Sakib and our medium pacers. Enamul Jr. is the best alternate but as he is not in any team at the moment, Sunny is only one who may perform if our selectors give him a chance in playing eleven.

10) Shahadat
11) Nazmul
At present these two should start our test squad bowling attack. We shouldn't expect much from them as our pitch shouldn't assist any sort of fast bowling. But wonder why a bowler averaging 56.62 [Rubel] in first class cricket selected for test squad?

If we really want to win first test series against a decent team our curator also have to play very important role apart from our players.

Test series we will win... we have potentials but need good team work from all corners ( selectors, curators, coaches, players).

Selectors declare the team, apart from Ashraful's omission and selecting Rubel ahead of Robiul (avg 36.70) they did good selection. Specially selecting Shuvagata, hope he will be in the playing eleven.

Old October 18, 2011, 11:56 PM

No brain fxrt = we win
Old October 19, 2011, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I think Nayeem should be at position 3 instead of Rokibul
Old October 19, 2011, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh dont need to fix the pitch in order to win.

They need to bowl line and length, pick the right balls to hit and field like demons.

If they can do that, the West Indies will collapse all by themselves.

Dont underestimate the Tigers quicks - Rubel is decent, and Rajib can take wickets in Test cricket.
Old October 19, 2011, 08:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Bangladesh dont need to fix the pitch in order to win.

They need to bowl line and length, pick the right balls to hit and field like demons.

If they can do that, the West Indies will collapse all by themselves.

Dont underestimate the Tigers quicks - Rubel is decent, and Rajib can take wickets in Test cricket.
Well Dhaka pitch even in 48th over gave WI bowlers quite a lot assistance. We should play according to our strength, don't need to prepare a pitch that help visitors.
Old October 19, 2011, 08:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I would go with three seamers. Boka's squad is good just replace Sunny with Rubel. We can't afford to have another debutant beside Hom and Nasir. If the pitch is slow and turning we have enough options in Shak, Nasir and Naeem.
Old October 19, 2011, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by boka
Well Dhaka pitch even in 48th over gave WI bowlers quite a lot assistance. We should play according to our strength, don't need to prepare a pitch that help visitors.
Boka,

Nor prepare one to help the home team - and I remember how the SCG stopped turning once Victoria had Shane Warne.

If you wouldnt fix a game with guns, and you wouldnt fix a game with drugs, and you wouldnt fix a game with cash, dont fix it with a curator.
Old October 19, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i think we will win the match in ctg.