facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 5, 2006, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Gay marriage

Gay Marriage Ban

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060605/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Quote:
Senate procedure requires two days of debate before the 100-member Senate decides — 60 votes are required — whether to consider the amendment on an up-or-down vote.
Quote:
The president was to make further remarks Monday in favor of the amendment as the Senate opened three days of debate. Neither chamber, though, is likely to pass the amendment by the two-thirds majority required to send it to the states — three quarters of which would then have to approve it.
Quote:
As that hearing gets under way, debate on the marriage amendment will enter its second day on the Senate floor. All but one of the Senate Democrats — the exception is Ben Nelson of Nebraska — oppose the measure and, with moderate Republicans, are expected to block an up-or-down vote, killing the measure for the year.
Quote:
"A vote for this amendment is a vote for bigotry pure and simple," said Democratic Sen. Edward M. Kennedy of Massachusetts, where the state Supreme Court legalized gay marriages in 2003.
What do you think? Bush may finally come up with something productive. I think we need a nationwide ban and I am not looking at this issue from a religious perspective.

I don't buy the arguments "that's how they feel and we should respect it" because pedophiles can also claim the same thing. The key is age here. I am all for this marriage if they are allowed to adopt child above 21

They can take whatever other benefits there is to a marriage, yes it means you also have to get divorced.