facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 26, 2018, 04:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Shouldn't almost all of our players (senior and junior) should feel blessed that they are in BD and not India? Actually our senior players should feel more luckier.... most of them have below average stat 1st half of their career and still playing like an irreplaceable players in Bangladesh.
won't disagree. senior players should get fair share of criticism.

1) but it was diff time then and we had no option but to stick with them. things are not like that now.

2) shakib/tamim/mash showed immense potential and did enough to retain their spots. mushfiq was a late bloomer and the patience paid off. riyad has always been questionable and can't defend him.

2) seniors will start to phase out after the next year's WC. we can get maybe a max of 3-4 years out of them. that's why it is time for players in their mid 20s to start replacing them. so instead of what we did with seniors, we should rather focus on what can we do now and look for future.

Old July 26, 2018, 04:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hello, Apnara mone rakben, Maulana Bhasani Saheeb bolechilen, "Sisoo-rai Jaatir Bhobissot"
After that HuMo Ersad bolechilo...'Ajker sisoo, agami-kaal Jati!" Or something like, "Ajker Junior Bachoor, agami kaal-er Senior bhaodai Bolod" ..same ting!
Old July 26, 2018, 04:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Apnara sunoon, Hami bolte chai,

Banglaar Sisoo, Banglar Buira,
Banglar Goru, Banglar Ghora,
- Hamra subbai Bangali!
Old July 26, 2018, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

You’ve got to look at whether they got extended runs, if they were put in the right formats etc. I agree some we call young aren’t so young any more, for those players we should be starting to see returns by now or at least from now on.

But either way, I’m a say a go for shanto. He deserves opportunities (ODIs and tests only), so if there are places open, he should get a run.
Old July 27, 2018, 05:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Did he addressed his technical issue to be successful in picth like WI or he is another Tushar, who can bully in local league? See, selectors, need to go little bit more in details than just stat.

Again I am not a expert here and we can agree to disagree. But I can see certain improvement in Litton's batting from when he first came. To me, his problem is mental, not technical. I don't think he got enough chance to say yet that he is a failure.
I don't think you can call Anamul a "domestic bully" given that he has 3 centuries in ODI (2 against West Indies and 1 against Pakistan) in just 30 games. He is joint fastest to reach 1000 runs in ODI for Bangladesh.

Liton does the same thing Anamul and Sarkar does.All are good at hitting the ball so well but lose their wickets trying silly shots. Difference between Liton and the 2 is that the others have a good record in limited overs.
Old July 27, 2018, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Group B seems to be more fruitful than group A. Out of group B, I only see Miraz making it up there with the Shakib and Tamim and co for Bangladesh. The rest are, as many have pointed out, garbage and does not learn.
Old July 27, 2018, 07:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
I don't think you can call Anamul a "domestic bully" given that he has 3 centuries in ODI (2 against West Indies and 1 against Pakistan) in just 30 games. He is joint fastest to reach 1000 runs in ODI for Bangladesh.

Liton does the same thing Anamul and Sarkar does.All are good at hitting the ball so well but lose their wickets trying silly shots. Difference between Liton and the 2 is that the others have a good record in limited overs.
Anamul still does not look that convincing to me. Sure, he scored some 100s in his early days but we all saw those games. He was not fluent and struggled quite a bit. Many even claimed those were "selfish" innings.

You have to question if he is good enough for international cricket. I have not seen any improvement in his technique or temperament.

His 2nd ODI innings was just frustration. He thought he could blast his way into some form. It worked for 8 balls but once again the lack of brain led to his dismissal.
Old July 27, 2018, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

My two cents. (earlier typed in wrong thread by mistake)

Currently we have only four players in the team that can bat. I watched the last 20 overs and I'm pretty convinced no one else would be able to last more than 10-15 balls when the ball is turning square. It took the big 4 more than five years to find their feet and some semblance of consistency. Unfortunately the new guys are also slow learners and mentally much weaker. They're not equipped to deal with elevated expectations and tons of distractions in this new age of social media and information overload. The advantage the generation of the big 4 enjoyed is the expectations and distractions were less.

First we need to prioritize the shorter versions of the game, especially ODI's over tests. Then we need to have at least 2 different set of players for the formats, even if it means getting bundled out for less than a hundred in every test innings which we do anyway. We need to accept the fact that our players aren't blessed with the ability to adjust to different formats on the fly. So let's try to be consistent in one format first. Let's focus on ODI's. The Anamul's, Soumya's, Mosa's, Litton's, Shanto's, Kuddus's are the best we've got - there's no hidden gem out there. Whoever gets picked should be persisted with for at least 2-3 series. Not a big Anamul fan here anymore but since he's been picked he should be given few more chances. Let's keep trying them and hope to find one or two decent performers out of them. If we try to do all at once, I don't believe we will be able to recapture the glory days of 2015-2016 in the next 10 years.
Old July 27, 2018, 01:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

সিনিয়রদের সঙ্গে কেন বাকিরা একই তেজে জ্বলে উঠতে পারছেন না?

সরওয়ার ইমরান তাঁদের এই ব্যর্থতাকে দেখতে চান আরও বড় দৃষ্টিকোণ থেকে। সমস্যার মূল খুঁজে পাচ্ছেন তিনি ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটেই, ‘আমাদের ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটের মান দেখুন। খেলোয়াড়েরা কঠিন পরিস্থিতির মোকাবিলা করা শিখবে কীভাবে? গতবার বিপিএলে খেলল পাঁচ বিদেশি। তার একটা প্রভাব আছে না? এখন তো আমাদের নিজেদের খেলোয়াড়েরা দায়িত্বই নিতে চায় না। একজন করে বিদেশি কম করে খেলালে, দায়িত্বের জায়গাটা আরেকটু বাড়ত ওদের। তুলনামূলকভাবে ঢাকা লিগটা একটু বেশি প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বিতা ূর্ণ। তাঁর ফল, আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে আমরা ওয়ানডেতেই কিছুটা ভালো খেলছি। কিন্তু এটা যথেষ্ট নয়। এই সংস্করণকে আরও বেশি প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বিতা ূর্ণ করে তুলতে হবে। ভালো মাঠে খেলাতে হবে, আম্পায়ারিংয়ের মান আরও বাড়াতে হবে।’

তরুণ ক্রিকেটারদের ব্যর্থতার কারণ খুঁজতে গিয়ে নাজমুল আবেদীন আঙুল তুলেছেন তাঁদের দৃষ্টিভঙ্গির দিকেও, ‘আমরা ওদের সব সময় জুনিয়র হিসেবেই দেখেছি, জুনিয়র হিসেবেই বিবেচনা করেছি। ওরা যখন খেলা শুরু করেছে, তখন থেকে ওদের কাছ থেকে ও রকমই আশা করে আসছি। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে জুনিয়র-সিনিয়র বলে কিছু নেই। আপনি ভালো বলেই আপনি ওই পর্যায়েই খেলবেন। এ ক্ষেত্রে দায় কিছুটা আমাদেরও। আমরা ওদের নেতা হিসেবে তৈরি করিনি। ওরা অন্যদের ছায়ায় বড় হচ্ছে, অন্যদের ছায়ায় খেলছে।’

Source: Prothom-Alo
Old July 27, 2018, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I would have to agree. And no, I am not going back on what I said before. My stance on seniors is the same, they had a hand to play in the deterioration of the culture and they are past their peak.
But the youngins have had an opportunity to really further the exodus of the elders, but they failed. They need to start winning matches for us asap, or the whole boat shall keep sinking.
Old July 27, 2018, 03:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Its all down to lack of A team exposure. Even the U19 boys play one or two series before a world cup and then choke. Of course, at youth and development level our players don't get enough match experience, forget about varied conditions or opponents. Mostly play against ZIM or SL teams.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 28, 2018, 01:55 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

^^I agree with that. Players need more A team exposure so they build up their experience and knowledge bank to aid their development. The step up from domestic to international level is too big.
Old July 28, 2018, 02:32 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Players need to be banned from any sponsors, marketing, third party revenue opportunities and zero bonus incentives until they have crossed 25 and have got some kind of maturity and professionalism up their belt...

That way we won't have any Shabbirs, Fizzes, Nasirs
Old July 28, 2018, 02:53 AM
Cricket Legend

If we don't find some fresh new batch of players who are showing potential in the next few years then we are set for a new Dark Age after the older players retire , I hope the BCB is aware of the incoming disaster even if we win the series versus West Indies
Old July 28, 2018, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
If we don't find some fresh new batch of players who are showing potential in the next few years then we are set for a new Dark Age after the older players retire , I hope the BCB is aware of the incoming disaster even if we win the series versus West Indies
Hopefully the mehedi/shanto/zakir/mosa/liton batch develop a bit. Mustafizir is part of that batch and they seem a bit better...(well liton has had some chances so maybe not him, he’s slightly older, mosa is to). Towhid seems very promising as well as shadman and there is another young opener I’ve forgotten right this moment.
Old July 28, 2018, 04:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

What worries me is the young players being exposed to the unprofessional, mediocre and egotistical attitude of senior players.

I think before coming into the main team they need to stay away from such poor ethics for as long as they can.
Old July 28, 2018, 04:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
What worries me is the young players being exposed to the unprofessional, mediocre and egotistical attitude of senior players.

I think before coming into the main team they need to stay away from such poor ethics for as long as they can.
This is a massive concern for me to, makes me wonder if that’s why the young ones haven’t been developing.

Last edited by Gowza; July 28, 2018 at 06:20 AM..
Old July 28, 2018, 05:13 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Lets call lame performances for what they truly are and not come up with ridiculous excuses. Now i am supposed to believe because Shakib went on holiday or Tamim skipped a training session, suddenly Shabbir Litton Soumya cant hold the bat? What are they kindergarten kids that can't think or set personal goals for themselves? Howcome the "lazy" seniors still outperform these fools in every department? If any of these guys had any consistency they could have at least sent that useless Imrul Kayes into retirement 3 years ago.
Old July 28, 2018, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Lets call lame performances for what they truly are and not come up with ridiculous excuses. Now i am supposed to believe because Shakib went on holiday or Tamim skipped a training session, suddenly Shabbir Litton Soumya cant hold the bat? What are they kindergarten kids that can't think or set personal goals for themselves? Howcome the "lazy" seniors still outperform these fools in every department? If any of these guys had any consistency they could have at least sent that useless Imrul Kayes into retirement 3 years ago.
Our seniors are not the world class players we see them as, the bar truth, everyone except for maybe Shakib, will not even start for South Africa,England,New Zealand,Australia or even India.

These guys including(miraz,mosaddek) will not win us a world cup, we might get close, but that is where we will peak. I think our world cup winning squad is still 10-12 years away.
Old July 29, 2018, 08:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

It is extremely worrying how none of these players are able to contribute and secure a spot. Anamul had three chances against a mediocre attack and failed. So did Shabbir.

And the fact that Mash came ahead of Shabbir/Mosaddek shows that management thinks those two aren’t suitable for power hitting down the order. I mean even an aging Mash produces more goods in batting than two proper young batsmen.
Old July 29, 2018, 08:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

for the sake of seniorness bring back Kaedge or Ash
Old July 31, 2018, 09:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Wrong Young Players are getting chances at the wrong time and in some cases in wrong roles.

- Anamul got 3 chances after scoring a zero in warmup game.
- Sabbir shouldn't be in the team for this series. He is struggling for a long time. What's the point continue to choose him? He need a break.
- Mossadek is not your typical/natural slogger, nor does he have enough experience to improvise his skill to slogger role.

I don't know what else you expect from our young players when you misuse them and chose the wrong players. We are putting our young players to a no-win position and expecting miracle from them.
Old July 31, 2018, 11:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

3rd odi jitar por Bijoy ar Subbir er lafalafi dekhlam...kochutao korenai kintu ki bhab..money hoisilo dei dhuira duita..
Old July 31, 2018, 12:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Wrong Young Players are getting chances at the wrong time and in some cases in wrong roles.

- Anamul got 3 chances after scoring a zero in warmup game.
- Sabbir shouldn't be in the team for this series. He is struggling for a long time. What's the point continue to choose him? He need a break.
- Mossadek is not your typical/natural slogger, nor does he have enough experience to improvise his skill to slogger role.

I don't know what else you expect from our young players when you misuse them and chose the wrong players. We are putting our young players to a no-win position and expecting miracle from them.
haha miracle! no one is expecting miracle from this sorry bunch. forget about century, or even a half century, they can't even score 30 odd runs.
Old July 31, 2018, 01:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
haha miracle! no one is expecting miracle from this sorry bunch. forget about century, or even a half century, they can't even score 30 odd runs.
Why would a fan with any common sense would expect 30 odd runs from these three young players when it was obvious for most of the fans to stick with Anamul and Sabbir? Both of them were no inform and still management and captain insist sticking with them for the whole ODI series.

Management set Mossadek for failure by setting up as a slog batman. He is not. And by the time he comes (at the end), why someone should expect him to score 30+ runs? By the time he comes, there is few overs left.

To me among the young players only Anamul and Sabbir failed.... not the whole available young players that we have in our arsenal.

btw SS came he had success, he failed and then he was dropped. Most likely he will be back (when he is in form), that's normal... that's how young players develops and that's how young players are filtered out and only the gem stays.

Again besides other problems (not enough team-a games), decision makers are selecting wrong young players and sticking with some of them for too long while ignoring some other young players.

Why young players like Afif, Zakir, Arif (not young) was suddenly picked up and dropped and ignored while Sabbir continue to get chances? How come Abu Hider dont get much chance even he showed some promise few years back?

And why Anamul got 3 chances while Litton got none? Anamul was not ready, actulally instead of doing favor to Anamul, Majrafee pretty much screwed him up....say bye bye to Anamul for next 2 years.

Again we are giving too many chances to the wrong young players while ignoring the deserving one. Young talent doesn't grow in trees, and most of them will not flourish without proper care.... you need to nurture them, you need to give them chance and guide them and teach them and bring them when they are ready to make mistake and learn and grow, if they don't grow, you drop them and work in the background with them with some plan how to address the issues.

Not all the young players will survive, that's perfectly ok. You drop young player after giving enough chance, that's also ok. But dont bring a young player (Afif, Zakir) play him just one game and just forget about him. That do not do any justice to that player.